Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits
Animals and Spirits

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VivoDePyre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 am
My question to you is a simple one. Can animals, wild or domestic, see ghosts easier than most humans? Something weird happened last night. The front door was open and my dog was laying in front of it. I walked by to the bathroom and before I got there, my dog started barking wildly. As though he saw something and wanted to get to it. I checked the door to see what it was. I didn't see anything. Me and my dad went outside to check it. We didn't see anything but my dog continued to bark wildly and whine. On the other hand, however, I was not looking out the door at the moment and it took awhile to find flashlights to go searching. I also didn't sense anything at the time. Here's the kicker though. I went back into the house and looked out the glass door. I didn't anything and my dad took my dog to see if he would lead him there. My dog didn't seem to see anything anymore. The bad thing is that one of the properties of glass is a reflecting surface. As I was looking outside, out of the side of my eye, I saw the shadow of a head go past me. Not a wall shadow, a black figure. Is it possible my dog saw a spirit or is it just sheer coincedence?

(PS: I got a promotion. =P)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:06 am
Um, I've heard that Cats can see spirits better, but I'm not sure.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

VivoDePyre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:37 pm
Every guild I touch dies a slow painful death. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:29 pm
Lord Jagged
Um, I've heard that Cats can see spirits better, but I'm not sure.

Yep. Cats are claimed to "walk between the realms". In witchcraft, they are the only species that has the ability to cross into a "circle" without disturbing anything.  

Ciora

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:34 pm
Pyrokin132
Every guild I touch dies a slow painful death. crying

I'm sorry, but I was away for a bit to see my new cousin. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:27 pm
Maybe it was sheer coincidence. My dog sleeps in my room with me and when I see this same ghost lady my dog never seems to respond.  

arcticwolf_blue

Dangerous Werewolf

14,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kiersok

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:21 pm
I'm interested in this "black figure" you saw, because I can tell you quite honestly, I've had a lot of experience with such beings. Can you describe anything about how you felt at the time? Simple, I see the head and I'm shocked. A grab my staff which I keep by the door and look around, even though my staff isn't going to help me.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:32 pm
It's theorized that animals can see and sense spirits better than human. One idea is that we humans have a harder time seeing them because we grow up skeptical. Normally, we are told that they don't exist. So, we close our minds to it. People who believe, are called sheep, and people who don't, are called goats. The goats always have no, or very little experiences that would attribute to the paranormal. Even the ones that might, they dismiss. The sheep, however, has a more open mind, therefore it is easier to see spirits and ghosts. Because we aren't blocking it out. Animals on the otherhand, don't have this limited capacity. They pick up whatever is around. (Yes, lots of rambling, I know.)  

A.Beautiful.Katastrophe.

Erebean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:08 pm
Pyrokin132
My question to you is a simple one. Can animals, wild or domestic, see ghosts easier than most humans? Something weird happened last night. The front door was open and my dog was laying in front of it. I walked by to the bathroom and before I got there, my dog started barking wildly. As though he saw something and wanted to get to it. I checked the door to see what it was. I didn't see anything. Me and my dad went outside to check it. We didn't see anything but my dog continued to bark wildly and whine. On the other hand, however, I was not looking out the door at the moment and it took awhile to find flashlights to go searching. I also didn't sense anything at the time. Here's the kicker though. I went back into the house and looked out the glass door. I didn't anything and my dad took my dog to see if he would lead him there. My dog didn't seem to see anything anymore. The bad thing is that one of the properties of glass is a reflecting surface. As I was looking outside, out of the side of my eye, I saw the shadow of a head go past me. Not a wall shadow, a black figure. Is it possible my dog saw a spirit or is it just sheer coincedence?

(PS: I got a promotion. =P)

In my opinion, yes animals do have a better sense of other things than humans. Humans tend to be so self-obsessed that they rarely look beyond themselves, and the few times they do it isn't very far. Animals are considerably less self-obsessed and more aware of things going on around them. Plants come next, which have even a greater awareness of things around them because they focus even less on themselves. Then objects, rocks etc. come next, things that are basically one with the environment and usually don't express much individuality compared to humans. Lastly, anything that is in pure energy form has the greatest amount of awareness.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:02 am
animals cannot see spirits, they have a sixth sense, where they can sense fear, happyness, emotions, and obviously spirits.  

neighley haynes

3,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100

Mysterious Green Rabbit

Dapper Genius

4,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:03 pm
Animals have senses far better than any humans, they can predict earthquakes before humans can, because you see them running and acting frightened before it happens. I think it's the same with ghosts and spirits and the such, humans aren't as in touch, so we don't really see them as easily.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:40 pm
Yah they can see more than us.  

love my gum

Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas