Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Marriage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cool?
  Yeah
  No
  Is she hot?
  What a jerk...
  Will you marry me?
  Poll Whore
View Results

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:07 am
DemiImp
So, I have this friend and she's nice, would you marry her? I cant offer proof that she's perfect like god, but I'll tell you I think she is.

She doesn't want to talk to you right now, she said when she feels you're ready she will.

Oh, and dont expect any gifts or help from her. If you send her enough letters, she may send one back, but she doesn't want to guarantee it. She said she wants you to live your own life, but she'll get angry if you dont keep in touch with her.

She also has a couple of rules that she demands you to follow before you even meet her. If you have any problems with it, she'll divorce you. If you say you're sorry enough, she may forgive you, but only if youre really truly sorry and if none of them were too bad.

I wish you 2 good luck icon_smile.gif ... have a great marriage! ^_^

I saw this in the ED and I thought it was a pretty cool metaphor. I wasn't sure where to put it, so I made a thread about it.

Whaddya think?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:38 am
"It makes me smile. Kinda like satire, which I love with... a part of my heart, and kinda like a 'nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyahh-nyah-ha-ha-ha-ha-haa-ha' Eric Cartman-esque thingamabob. Except a bit smarterly phrased.

"Good metaphor though. Well, good in accuracy with the limited amount of what I know."  

Old Pouncey

puresilver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:30 pm
I like it- after you finish, you have to go back and read it again. I love that in metaphors!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:12 pm
I was confused at first. but now I get it. It's pretty much perfect. At first I thought you were making a point on the Gaia marriage weirdness. xd  

Aepix

Emmanuela

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:48 pm
... I don't get it>.<  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:45 am
Emmanuela
... I don't get it>.<

"I cant offer proof that she's perfect like god, but I'll tell you I think she is." - Compare to how people can't prove anything about their god.

"She doesn't want to talk to you right now, she said when she feels you're ready she will.

Oh, and dont expect any gifts or help from her. If you send her enough letters, she may send one back, but she doesn't want to guarantee it. She said she wants you to live your own life, but she'll get angry if you dont keep in touch with her." - Compare to how people believe that they must worship / pray to their god.

"She also has a couple of rules that she demands you to follow before you even meet her. If you have any problems with it, she'll divorce you. If you say you're sorry enough, she may forgive you, but only if youre really truly sorry and if none of them were too bad." - Compare to how each religion has its own set of rules that exist just because their god say so.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

Minty Novii

Distinct Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:00 pm
I love it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:19 pm
oh man, im dense.

Reading it twice wasn't enough because I thought it was a discussion on marriage lol

Then I realized... "duh, atheist thread", and it's very funny.

I'm going to commandeer this idea into my naval fleet of "awesome-ness ideas"

Call me cappin' Matt with a baseball bat. ^-^  

Niveous

PoeticVengeance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:09 pm
That is beautiful satire.

It made my day.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:23 pm
marriage sucks... so is the idea of your "soul mate". all the while, good err... metaphor? i guess... but we all know god isn't a woman, otherwise Brian Warner would have a v****a instead of a d**k.  

AnonymouZ

Napoleon_Danneskjold

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:35 am
lol

hmm I just proposed marriage to someone I've never met offline, and she said yes.... eek

this was last night

odd?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:23 am
Well, that's just a wonderful metaphor, thanks for sharing I shalt save it for later.  

contessa-miseria

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:29 am
That...my friends, is one of the many reasons why I do not believe in god, or marriage!

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games