Reply Ear Piercings
Stretching Ear Lobes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cross Eyed Mary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:24 am
Hokai, I want to stretch my ear lobe, so I went to my tatoo parlour and got a 3mm taper and a 3mm plug.

How long do you think I should have had my ear pierced before I start stretching it?

FYI: It's been pierced for about 8 weeks now, and NO I havent already stretched it, just thought I'd check with other people before I tried.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:57 am
i don't really know the answer, but just curious, what guage was it pierced at?  

[NUTs]

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:19 pm
I'd probably wait a year before stretching. You want to give it enough time to "toughen up" so you don't rip it. The fistula may be completely formed and "healed" now, but it's not that strong and easy to tear.

Plus I'm hoping you're not thinking of stretching from 20ga "standard size" (I think that's about .8mm) or so to 3 mm. That's way to big of a stretch. Only stretch about 1mm at a time. Also, wait about a month between stretches.

If you just recently got them pierced, why didn't you just pierce them at 3mm? I got mine at about 2.5mm initially because I wanted my third lobes to be at 10ga.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:47 pm
they usualy pierce at 16g i think, unless u ask otherwise. or at least at my shop they do. but even 16g is only 1.2 mm and to go right to 3 isn't a good idea imo  

[NUTs]

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:23 am
Many parlors will pierce your ears at a standard 14g down to 6g. Of course, 6g is going to hurt a lot more, it's faster if you plan to stretch.

Many parlors also have scalpelling availible for those choose not to wait to stretch, and would rather do the scalpelling procedure. Basically, with that, they scalpel your ear lobe. Usually a standard scalpelled lobe is a 0g which equals 8.25mm.

Now, since you got it pierced and stuff, if I were you, I would wait up to half a year to a full year before stretching.
As someone else already mentioned, the piercing may be healed, but it probably isn't 'tough' enough to handle being stretched. If forced, it could tear and you don't want that, trust me.

So I suppose just stick it out and wait, or consult your piercer and ask him/her what they think is the best option for you.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:17 am
Mm different sizes and measurments is confusing gonk

The general consensus seems to be that I should wait, so I'll wait a few months then try. 3nodding  

Cross Eyed Mary

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:10 pm
The size issue is a little confusing when you first begin stretching. This guage wheel might help you when you first begin stretching:

These are the actual sizes as well.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:36 pm
Finally managed to stretch my ear!

I waited since I posted this topic, then tried the 3 mm taper again and it worked fine with only minimal stinging.

EDIT: That size thing is still confusing, cos in Europe the sizes are measure in millimetres and not gauges.

To clear with everyone, standard lobe holes are 1.2 where I got them done, and I stretched to 3 after waiting almost 3 months.  

Cross Eyed Mary

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:05 pm
i don't think that was the greatest idea but as long as it dind't hurt i guess it's not so bad  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:51 am
I checked it out with the tattoo parlour I get all my piercings at, and they said that I could try, as long as I didnt go bigger than 3mm and as long as I took it slowly and stopped if it hurt loads.

Edit: This is a pic (not a good one) of the 3mm Spiral Plug I put in.
User Image  

Cross Eyed Mary

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:31 pm
i want it @_@  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:25 am
You should have bought smaller jewelry, but just play it safe from now on.

What's that spiral made of?  

curseyes

Cross Eyed Mary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:47 am
I will be playing it safe from now on, only going up 1mm at a time and waiting between stretching.

I'm not sure, it feels like plastic kinda.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:17 am
acrylic  

Terragar

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas