Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Transient

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

May I ask for your...
  ...opinions?
  ...suggestions?
  ...opinions and suggestions?
View Results

Kattie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:40 am
It was a late winter night. In silence, undisturbed by anything, snow was falling in great amounts and covering everything. On a park bench, in an almost enchanted silence, someone was sitting, observing the park turning into a fairytale land, illuminated only by a couple of old-fashioned lamps placed here and there.

The person wasn't disturbed at all by the fact that they were alone so late at night. Actually, they could exist only by night. It also didn't disturbed them that snow was falling on their head and clothes. They were fascinated.

"Really... How could one sleep while something so beautiful was taking place..." they murmured.

The minutes and hours passed, and the person was still sitting on the bench. They were humming their favorite song, looking at the night sky from under half-closed eyelids.

The sky was slowly turning lighter, the shine of the lamps started to fade, but the snow was still falling. The person couldn't stay any longer. They got up slowly from the bench and left deliberately in the direction known only to them. Their footprints were slowly fading, covered by the snow, until they completely disappeared.

Once again a story that was inspired by a vision that I saw one day, listening to music. The song that inspired me is "Transient" by Schwarz Stein, hence the title of this story. Feedback would be more than welcome, as always.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:57 pm

"On a park bench, in an almost enchanted silence, someone was sitting, observing the park turning into a fairytale land"
I really adore how you put detail into the characters surrounding

Oukow

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:59 pm
I would like to know a little bit more about this "person" sitting on the bench.
Why can he only "exist at night"?

Maybe this would make a better poem, unless there's more to come..  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:49 am
There is nothing more to add, Z. sweatdrop And I wouldn't be able to turn it into poem. Well, at least not now, I'm kinda suffering from writer's block... sweatdrop
Anyway, about the person...Maybe it's a vampire? Or maybe just a human with a bad allergy to sun?
Thank you for comments, guys! heart  

Kattie

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:03 am
lots of things exist only by night...but no one is awake to see them.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:21 pm
KirbyVictorious
3nodding  

Kattie

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:19 pm
Kattie
KirbyVictorious
3nodding

... like dreams.

I liked the story, Kattie! Scenes with snow get me all the time. Ah, how I adore the winter...

You've earned 3 cookies! Attack power plus 3!

That enchanted silence. The PERFECT way I'd describe snow falling in the night. It can tend to creep me out at times, if I'm walking to my car after a late night track meet. But when I just stand in the middle of it and look around... that s**t is awesome.

Loved the way you didn't explian the character (that's not sarcasm, lol.) Thought it made the story even more thought-provoking.

You're killing me right now in the short story department... lol. Nice job.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:03 am
More cookies! =D *nibbles on one* Thanks.^^  

Kattie

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas