Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Guild News/Requests:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:37 pm
Sorry for the double-post, but I figured you should all be clued in.

December 4th, 2009

Firstly, Beta's getting his tonsils removed and, unfortunately, kinda lost interest in the series (much like you, Bio). Granted, that's about all I got out of him, but he is indeed breathing. biggrin

Secondly, I figured it was a good idea as Thee Stranger said to make a debate forum. If you feel like something's gonna flare up into a big argument/debate, please take it there!

Thanks, guys!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:45 pm
Wait, didn't he like RE5?
Oh well, in the ever wise words of Thee Stranger, "More power to him."

So what's gonna happen? Is he gonna turn the guild over to you or what?

EDIT: There's a bit of an issue I have with a debate guild though. I mean, debates usually start from something small, and sneak in out of nowhere. So how is that gonna translate into the subforum?
I mean, it's not like we go, "Alright, let the debate of so and so hereby commence."  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:46 pm
No, he didn't like RE5.

He didn't say anything about relinquishing the guild, either. razz

As for the debate subforum, you can tell when it sparks. If you put out a strong opinion (like just now with the Beatles music and Pink Floyd, etc.), expect someone to argue. If you're the one in retort, just say something like "Let's do this in the debate forum."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:50 pm
Well, good for him about RE5.
But still, if he intends to keep the guild under his command, he should make an appearance once in a while. Or did he just give you creative control?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:57 am
Greetings insiders of the guild. I apologize for my lack avoidance to the guild for quite some time. Things have been up and down for me and couldn't find any physical strength to push myself to stay active with the guild since the disgraceful release of Resident Evil 5. But I'm done and past future titles. Its all about "Old School" and always really have been.

As Canas has stated, I've gotten my tonsils removed yesterday, so besides trying to swallow golf-ball size throat pain, I'm here playing lazy on my bed soaking up chicken broth, jello, and yummy applesauce. I also want to thank Canas for watching over the guild while I was out and glad him and the other mods were around to clean some of the filth that seems to litter into the guild from time-to-time.

For right now, I will try to continue to be more active in the guild while not shower on such rubbish filth the company has creative in the last 5 or 6 years. Its all about living in the past. And YES, its good to see your still here BIO and also have taken a permeant seat on the righteous side of "Resident Evil"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:04 am
Welcome home! And I mean that in more ways than one. Reading that first paragraph brought a little tear to my eye.

Well, doesn't tonsil removal usually come with Ice Cream?

And again, AMEN. Resident Evil purists unite! You know, the ist makes it so totalitarian. But what's wrong with purism? I mean, something pure is something unsullied.

But yea, it's good to see you back. So much happened. You should really partake in more social discussions too, in the Grill and such. I mean, now that I think about it, considering you're the captain, and I've been the co-captain for like... Over a year.. We know very little about your interests outside of Resident Evil.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:14 am
Pretty much anything soft and running goes down the throat. WAIT...Let me rephrase that. Broth, soups, gatorade and pop sickles at first.

Anyway, much has happened and kinda feel like an outcast for what has happened to the world of the guild/gaia. Actually I'm just interested in what's new for the guilds. For right now, I need to know what the hell is going on in all these threads. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:17 am
Well, that's a difficult task. Lots of new threads. So I guess the best thing would be to just browse around.
At least it's an internet guild, so no actual speaking is required.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:45 pm
Good to see you again, Beta. Hope you feel better. Looks like you're already gone again, though. Likewise, while I do not completely hate it, RE5 has not left a great lasting impression on me. I don't know. It's just that, you know, when I started Resident Evil... from the original up through to RE0 and everything... I just never imagined it would be ending down in Africa with parasite monsters and Umbrella already being gone and Spencer already being dead, killed by someone else, and Wesker being the main enemy and Tricell and all that s**t. It just wasn't natural, or where it was supposed to be heading. It wasn't really fit for RE. The final showdown of STARS vs Umbrella was the fitting ending we all should have seen. So in that respect, I have to say, Bio was right. I thought they could have recovered after the nuclear bomb (RE4), and still think they could have somewhat if they handled it better, but, they really didn't. It just... isn't Resident Evil.

I remember when it used to be like goddamn Christmas when a new Resident Evil game came out. RE5 was the last time I ever got that feeling, because it had a lot of potential. But for the most part, it just didn't deliver. And I didn't get that feeling when Darkside Chronicles came out. I still haven't gone out and bought it, and probably won't be for a very long time. And I probably won't be getting that feeling again unless they do a reboot of some kind that rekindles some interest. But as of now there's just... nothing left to look forward to.

As far as the whole debate subforum goes, I really just meant when debate gets out of hand in the Grill in particular. Like, if it's in another thread and it's relevant to the discussion and everything, there should be no need to take it to a subforum. But in the Grill where people are just kind of having normal, friendly conversation, and suddenly you got giant wall after giant wall of text from this huge debate, it kind of scares everybody else off. Like, I noticed everybody else kind of disappearing when that whole last debate kicked off. And I know I'm an opinionated b*****d, and I often spark debates, but I don't like to subject people to it where they're not really looking for it. You just kind of go to the Grill to sit back and chill, and just chat casually. And it's kinda hard to do that in between huge walls of heated debate. So you know, if it's just, like, taking over, I think it would be considerate of everyone else to just take it outside. And I apologize if I did kind of scare anybody out of there.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:53 pm
Ahaha, guilds a bit less active then I initially expected, but still a lot of possibility in it. I looked through the forums when I sent an invite, but to be honest I think what I did was looked at the year when each post was made instead of the day, lol. Either way this guild still has a lot of potential and I plan to stick around.

I've not had the privilege (or disappointment from the sounds of it) to play RE5 so I can't really add anything to the coversation, except that I was looking forward to the big climax between S.T.A.R.S. and Umbrella, and from the sounds of it I guess I'll never get that pleasure, but at least I got to enjoy some of the older games.

I took a look at the Rpg forums and didn't find any real activity there, and I think I'm going to have a talk with crew about a new Rpg, one I developed for another guild I was working on restoring but the guild itself never really got any activity. I'll give more detail after I've talked to crew and leader about it and if it's given the go ahead, but for now lets just say one of my requests is to see what we can do about the Rpg forum.

I also would like to get a good grasp as to how active this guild is, so another request would be a sign in sheet to be set up for a couple weeks to see what members are active and which ones are just staying around for the fun of saying "I'm in that guild."  

Jaidence

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:21 am
You know, I've been thinking... This is like, one of the ONLY guilds, if not THE only guild having even remotely to do with Survival Horror that's still thriving... Which is a damn, damn, DAMN shame. BUT... What if... We had a subforum designated specifically to discussing other Survival Horror games, and Horror culture in general?
It could have like a Silent Hill thread, Alone in the Dark thread, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc. etc.
I mean, yeah, for all intents and purposes this is still a Resident Evil guild at its heart. But let's face it, most if not all of us at one point said, "I played everything Resident Evil that's worth playing, what else is out there?" And frankly, I'm just hurtin to discuss other Survival Horror games outside of the scope of the Grill. Because the Grill is a fickle thing. You're deep in the heat of discussing, like... Final Fantasy 13, and suddenly Obama makes some big speech, someone comes in like, "Did you guys hear what Obama said! Wasn't it crazy!?" And suddenly the entire conversation is shifted to that. Which makes the Grill nice and dynamic and doesn't alienate everyone else... BUT, I feel that as fans of Resident Evil (in one era or another) we need to embrace and expand on the discussion of Survival Horror in general, on Gaia.
So I propose this idea. A subforum designated to Horror, movies, books, games, whatever. All horror things that do not pertain to Resident Evil would be discussed in there.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:11 pm

A debate forum sounds like so fun to me.
^^ Mainly because I love to argue,
and in debates no offense is taken. :b
I would most likely use it to protect CV
with my life, and shun everything past
the game. x3 I love it that much, especially
since it's last last great game in the resident evil
series story wise.
Oh wait, a board to take it there. Might as well PM.
xD Ignore that.
I jump the gun at times.
Yes, yes. I'd like it very much, but it might take awaysome activity from other boards.
As for the side board, it's a good idea. As long as it stayed
as a Resident Evil guild truly. o.o That's why I joined.
Hm, I'm at loss for words. x]

il Kaori li

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:48 pm
February 23, 2010

Just a quick update for everyone, still here, but not visiting quite as often as I used to in the past. I plan of fixing the homepage graphic eventually. If you have any problems or concerns, let Canas know. Thanks everyone.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff