Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixilated

Shameless Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:06 am
Has less then ideal language in their songs eek
Along the lines of "did he just say what I think he said?"
It's a good thing mom doesn't pay attention to lyrics... my brothers have been blasting that CD in the garage for weeks (by blasting I mean turning it up so they can hear it over the table saw)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:27 am
lmfao ... you gotta love them though xd and yes i suspose it is good that ur mom doesn't pay attention to the lyrics .. if my mom "knew" what they were saying ... i swear boarding school here i come XDDDD  

foxiegrl

Adenille

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:44 pm
rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:58 am
I don't seem to notice lyrics often sweatdrop
Like, I'll be able to sing along to a song word for word without realizing what I'm saying xp

Polyphonic Twilight

black_knightj

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:57 pm
I like the some really make you think. ( though thoes are kinda rare for them )  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:11 pm
They do have some preety foul words, though not nearly as bad as most music people listen to... which is pretty sad to me... *very defeating and depressing, actually*  

Twilight Falcon

The Jellos Attacking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:18 pm
Wanna piss your parents off, Blast Mindless Self Indulgence.
3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:16 pm
The Jellos Attacking
Wanna piss your parents off, Blast Mindless Self Indulgence.
3nodding

Definately. I think the song "Stupid Mother F**ker" is a good choise for that task.  

`Rai

Potzi Hookman

Steadfast Protector

5,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:46 pm
Personally, Green Day's lyrics get on my nerves, not the obscenities, but rather the messages that are implied. Case in point, their song "Minority." If you listen to it, it says he wants to be apart of a minority, this in turn completely nullifies the idea to help others. It implies a selfish act of personal idealism. They've been trying to revamp their image on television and so on, that they want to send a positive message. They're preaching the opposite. Listen, if your ideals can help the world, don't keep it to a minority, let it become the majority. So that maybe the world really does change, don't keep it to yourself.

Another thing too... If the do not want to be "american idiots," they should get off american media, shouldn't they? If not, they're contributing to the very thing their lyrics protest.

I wouldn't mind them so much, if they didn't try to come off with their lyrics being serious, while practicing the exact opposite.

It was once said, "The power of your example, is far greater than what you say." 'Tis the truth.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:17 pm
You have to think though somtimes you must give up some ideals if you ever hope to accomplish the others. It may be sad but doing what they think is going to help at least some, is in my opinion better then just singing about it and only a few cult fans liking them, even if the message seems stronger.  

black_knightj

The Polls Project

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff