Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
College romance?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

May I ask for your...
  ...opinions?
  ...suggestions?
  ...opinions and suggestions?
View Results

Kattie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:02 am
She was sitting alone on a bench in one of the corridors of the college she was attending. She wasn't paying much attention to people around, busy with reading a book. Other people weren't paying attention to her, either, or, at least, so it seemed. Maybe they already got used to her, still a very young woman that resembled a huge porcelain doll with her face, beauty and clothes. Maybe they still were thinking that she was close but somewhat distant, as if sitting under a bell-glass. Maybe they were just ashamed, and maybe, what seemed to be the most likely, they couldn't care less.

It didn't mean she was completely alone in the crowd of students counting hundreds of people. There were a couple of people that greeted her from a distance or passing by her. She always responded, never without a smile. In the whole school she didn't meet anyone that she would really dislike, but towards that couple of people she felt a like, inter alia because they dared to come and strike up an acquaintance.

She closed the book and sat on the bench a bit more comfortably. She was watching the crowd of students with a slight smile. At last she stood up, put the book into her bag and slowly, deliberately, went out of the building to get some fresh air.

As she was walking in a slow pace around the quad, she noticed a friend that she secretly liked and with whom she lived in an amity. The youth noticed her, too, smiled and gave a sign with his hand for her to come near.

"Hey. Why so sad?", he asked.

"Why do you think I'm sad?", she answered with a question.

"You seemed to be", he said, plainly. Somewhat surprising her, he hugged her with one hand, bending almost in two, because he was much taller than her. Despite being surprised, she seized the opportunity of possibility to hug.
"How nice...", she murmured.

They remained like this for a while and then they let go. They talked about various things, mostly about the school: lecturers,tests...In one moment, though, she had to go, seeing that the lecturer she was supposed to have a class with was coming. She smiled at her friend once again.

"I have to go.I'll catch you later",she said.

"Alright. See you later, then. Bye."

The girl ran up the stairs towards the door of the school. She stopped there for a moment, turned around, waved gently, and disappeared behind the door.

Based on a dream I had one day when I was getting a nap. Feedback more than welcome, as always. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:56 am
"couple of persons that greeted her", I think you're looking for the word "People".

Other than that It's good.  

Xahmen
Vice Captain

Kattie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:55 am
Oh, yeah...I'll correct that. sweatdrop
Thanks, Z. 3nodding  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers