Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply RP Haven
RP Here! ^_^ *Old* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:52 am
After strapping on his boots, he slung his bow over his shoulder and headed downstairs. As he passed Hueler, he flipped him the silver mark.

"Thanks, Hueler. I needed that peace and quiet. I'm heading out, so I'll catch you around."

Hueler nodded as he continued to wipe out a mug with the rag in his hand.

The sunlight was only barely coming through the tree tops to the east and Ultimus made his way across the street. The shadow of the Confessors Palace stretched over a large expanse of the street. It gave a sense of authority and awe to anyone caught in its dark, but noble gaze.

A ghastly dank odor caused him to stop dead in his tracks. The smell was horrendous. He looked around, trying to figure out what could possibly cause such a stench.

Then he spotted them.

Lying at the steps of the Confessors palace, lined up, were bodies. They were space enough so that people had to walk through them and couldn't go around them. To his horror, he recognized them as mriswith.

Ultimus made his way between them, holding his breath. To see a dead mriswith was impressive. To see so many was astounding. This had to be the Lord Rahl's doing.

When he got to the top of the steps, two big guards wearing brown uniforms stopped. The one to his left spoke first.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I was going to request a meeting with Lord Rahl."

Both men had blond hair and blue eyes. But what made him a little nervous was their size. Ultimus was a fairly tall man, but these men were huge.

The one to his right looked him up and down. "Not with those weapons you're not. Give the bow here," he arched an eyebrow, "and the arrows."

Ultimus did as he was told and then proceeded inside. The white marble of the great hall was majestic to say the least. Banners of different colors decorated with fancy designs hung from the walls and ceiling.

Ultimus spotted another large man with blond hair and blue eyes. He was in the same uniform.

"Excuse me, do you know where i can meet with Lord Rahl?"

"Sure, follow me."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:09 pm
Ultimus followed behind the huge soldier. He took the oppurtunity to take in the spledour of the palace. He noted the great marble stairway in the entrance hall that headed up to the second floor. A polished gold railing followed the steps down ending in a smooth gold ball angled outward as the steps opened wide like a river delta. The doors and tables were made of the same ornately carved wood. Each had elegant designs like flowers.
The drapes hanging from the ceilings and walls portayed bright, cheery colors and depicted simple patterns. Beautiful white and pink flowers were aranged carefully in elegant vases atop the small tables against the walls in the hallways. Ultimus felt small and simple inside the immense palace.
He was just starting to feel like he wouldn't be able to find his way back through the halls and passages when the big soldier stopped.
With his big meaty fist, he knocked on the wood panel door.
"Lord Rahl, you have a visitor."
A muffled voice replied, "Let them in."
The soldier grabbed the fancy golden knob, turned it, and pulled the door open. He stepped to the side so that Ultimus could enter.
"Thank you," Ultimus said. The soldier only nodded.
Ultimus made his way into into the chamber. It was a round, circular chamber with a high ceiling that was domed with a glass window. The orange glow of the sun was lighting the whole sky now in an early dawn hue. Ultimus was surprised to find the room fairly simple. A red carpet led through the room and then up two steps until it ended under a big wooden chair behind a simple wooden desk. Sitting in the chair was non other than the Lord Rahl himself.  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

xx Koloblicin xx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:41 pm
sabre_sword
Because I have no life:

User Image

i don't want to be mean but the oldworld was huge compared to the new world, and i think it went much more south not just east like that, its south and and east far off into the distance  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:22 pm
Well, feel free to draw up your own map. When Sabre said it was her "crap-a** rendition," she was right-on (no offense).

I agree Kolo, about the Old World being much wider and larger, but not so sure about it being huge compared to the New World. If anything, they were close to the same size, or maybe the Old was smaller than the New World.

But anyway, I'm sure you can find a scanner somewhere, or else you could draw it up in Paint on ur comp.  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

RP Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas