Ahh that must be why razz heart  

Dead Twisted Romance
Vice Captain

Kohun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:03 am
TOKYO POP PLAYA
Icege
Because it would be terrible.

Tekken relies on to-the-frame execution. One of the biggest parts of the game is being able to punish moves.

Online, Paul's Deathfist would become unstoppable. Currently, you can punish him pretty bad on block, but timing is strict. Online, there would be no risk to it.

There's other factors as well... such as throw breaking would be nonexistant.

Until there's zero-lag, which there never will be, it would never be good online.

Kids should just go to the arcade instead. If they have the $60 to buy the game, then that's plenty for gas and a day at the mall.

Will there be online play in Tekken 6?
God i hope so!!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:40 pm
Shadow__Dweller
There's absolutely no arcades anywhere near me that has Tekken. There are hardly any arcades. As usual, America and Japan always get the best of everything rolleyes sweatdrop

America isn't all that great for arcades in some spots. mainly cause most idiotic places overcharge some games...or never get them.  

Shin Oni

Hanako Oku

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:39 pm
I betcha if it were on the Xbox it would be online, Damnit ps2 and its lack of power. Or am I wrong?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:09 am
Shin Oni
Shadow__Dweller
There's absolutely no arcades anywhere near me that has Tekken. There are hardly any arcades. As usual, America and Japan always get the best of everything rolleyes sweatdrop

America isn't all that great for arcades in some spots. mainly cause most idiotic places overcharge some games...or never get them.
That's true neutral  

Kohun

Shin Oni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:37 pm
TOKYO POP PLAYA
I betcha if it were on the Xbox it would be online, Damnit ps2 and its lack of power. Or am I wrong?

i'm sure you're wrong there. the system overall may change it, but it still doesn't stop the lag.

besides, it's namco's desicion to put it online and IIRC, Namco stated they'd rather not put Tekken online for laggy reasons.

it's not DoA where you're ppppppking all day long for a juggle. Even DoA hs had problems online lagwise.

it's just a simple fact that you need complete lagless gaming for a online fighter and we're nowhere near such a thing where we can hop online any system, play a fighter, and expect no lag.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:42 pm
if only Tekken was online...I be so happy!
and theres like only 2 tekken machines nearby, and thats collosus (move theatre, 5min walk o.O) other then that, its either the Pmall for me or somewhere around the cyber cafe I go  

Miyavi San

Kurai_Ookami_15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:09 pm
Actually, Tekken 5 is online...but in Japan ( but I went to Germany for the summer with my cousins, and they had a Tekken 5 arcade there, and it was online too, so I bought myself a card...but now...im back in the States)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:26 pm
Julia Chang
I haven't play MK games in ages. I played the classic MK games. Oops off topic. xd

I thought it would be cool if Tekken have online mode...There's hardly any Tekken arcade machine in my area. Whenever I go to the bowling alley, there's a Tekken 4 in the arcade. The buttons and the stick are not working right.... sad

Namco is too damn lazy to try it online  

sheed_rock7

The Tekken Force

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas