Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
how do I get my parents to accept me? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Breathe_In_Ecstacy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:06 pm
Just be who you are. You parents cant change who you are. Maybe on the outside but not in your mind. I dont have much adivice but i hope this helps. Try to be as strong as you can be, a while ago i was sent to a hospital because i was crying and no one understood what i was going through. and they didnt stop to listen to me. so i think sometimes keeping it hidden from the people who can distroy it. Is for the better. emo  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:54 pm
dear god child! keep rebeling!!!! whee im so happy i am not doing it alone *does happy dance* ....ahem...but truly ....i spent oh 2 years trying to be myself and tell my folks and trying to help them accept me.

hopelesssssssssss of course they are close minded bastards...and we never did get along from the start so perhaps that would explain a few things.

okay last thing
be yourself
dont pretend to be someone youre not (really if your parents tell you to dress a certain way DONT DO IT)
do not get brainwashed you lose yourself in the worst way trust me

it all comes down to....DONT TELL THEM just keep it up hun i am rooting for ya heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart  

Lynnic_Darkness

Fay_Joyce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:41 am
Sorry to break it to you, but more than likely they'll never accept it. You shouldn't sneak though. Put it on walk up to them look them straight in the eye and say that this is who you are and if they love you they'll have to handle it because you cant change who you are.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:07 am
You should be who you are. Because they're your parents, and parents don't disown their children just because of what they wear. They'll love you no matter what 3nodding But that's just what I think.  

Neural Oscillation

Eloquent Roisterer

9,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hikaru Akumu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:13 pm
Mmm...I wouldn't say..Hate.
I personally believe that is too strong of a word.

Greatly Dislike, that I can handle.

Anyways about your problem.

Your parent's dislike the fact that you:

a.]Want to wear black eye liner
b.]Want to wear girl clothing.
c.] The music.

Do you listen to your music at full blast? [I'm addressing the problem because it's part of it.] If you do, try toning it down a little to where they can't hear it that much.

You wearing girl clothing and Eyeliner eh?

A lot of parent's believe thier kids [mostly sons] shouldn't wear makeup. I personally don't like make up at all. >< It makes my face feel clammy. I only wear it on occasions. Anywhos:

You could just do it. Forget what they say. It's a choice of expression.

They should just accept you for what you want to do. They accept you actually.

All parents should accept thier childern. If they plan out dislike you, they would have kicked you out of the house by now, or abused you. Trust me, I know when parents dislike thier childern.

But, don't sneak. Sooner or later they'll find out. Just do it. And if they yell at you, say that is what you want to do. At least your not being some idiot who is doing drugs or screwing every girl you see. Show them your a good kid.

Get good grades, do good in school, Graduate or something!

Show them your a good person, even if you dress how you want.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:05 pm
they just don't like the things you're doing
mine hate me playing my gutiar like i do, they hate the music i like, and they pretty much hate the friends i don't approve of. i pretty much got over it and said what ever i don't care  

The Dadalorian
Crew

PinayFlipMode

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:14 pm
hm... cant help with that...
i would dress all emo 100% but
my parents wont let me

ughhh too me forever to get them to stop buying me abercrombe and fitch s**t  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:48 am
Isel
Rellik San
+ roffle!face
Isel
Vlair Nitefell
Remember, when your parents were children, make up on guys was queer,

And you know, back then, David Bowie and Queen were cool.

CONTRADICTION?! Unheard of!

Hahaa.
Isel Wins.
But Vlair also has his points, too, I guess.

And even when Queen and Bowie weren't cool, Def leppard, Twisted Sister and Van Halen were cool, so that should cover any bases for wearing tight pants and t-shirts.

David Bowie had been cool up until like... neverending, he's still cool with the folks, and Queen was cool throughout the 80's.

I was picking on the "makeup on guys" factor, primarily with David Bowie and his androgynity, and with Queen and their... housewife photo shoot. It's in one of their greatest hits albums.

That, and Freddie Mercury was kinda... gay. Like for real real, not for play play.

We can also name all hair metal bands, we can name Kurt Cobain, Rick James, and any male celebrity between 1964 and 2006 who wore makeup.

Nah, we know David Bowie is cool, we know queen are cool, but lets face it, place odds on most people in here, the supposed new 'cool class' have never actually heard any of his songs, or even heard of him until we mentioned it.

Its like in college, me and some friends, chatting away about Jimi Hendrix and one of my friends asks who he is, to our visible shock and awe. Nah, I can name one or two hair metal bands that weren't into the tight pants and make up.  

Rellik San
Captain

aikoislost

4,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:37 am
oh boy,on my case,it was ok for them I wear emo style.Yep,the all around black rebel in town except the plugs, coz I dont really like piercing,yeah it was ok for them I dress that way.About the music,yeah they hated it so much.They say it sounds like a screaming horse being killed.Yeah and I hated them too for saying that but still,they are my parents,so good thing I have earphoned music gadjets so I'm the only one who can hear.And man it sucks when you are the only one who liked that kind of music and style in your family.In my case,my family loves hearing ballad and love songs.Uccckk..I'm the only one who loved any-hardcore rock here.And as my cousin say I'm different then,but what can they do?That's what I like.
I have been cutting too when I get too damned depressed,they just didnt knew it coz the scars specially on my wrist are hidden coz of my wrist accesories.And when they have been found out that I have been cutting and slitting myself,they was so angry they had forced me to consult a doctor,whatever you call that.And I hated it.The freakin guy said,I'm just too affected by my emotions,so I needed to do something to replace the pain i felt inside.Oh s**t,that was ******** insane.Though what he said was true I hated that feeling of being questioned by some dude who dont even know what I have been through.And after that,my parents hid all the knifes and all the alike that can cut anything,fearing I might cut again. But they didnt knew I have my own dagger hidden.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:56 pm
Too bad the parents can't accept it. My mom loves it when I wear eyeliner, short skirts, fishnets, and the boots [plus I recently got a tat]. xD It looks rather slutty and it's very rare for me to wear it all but my mom thinks it's hot and thinks I should "show off my body." Lmao. Guess I'm just lucky with that. My dad, on the other hand, would throw a fit if he ever saw that... So he simple doesn't. xD  

sezzykitten

Hugsei

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:34 am
My parent's yelled at me when they caught me with eye-liner on, but I still wear it from time to time, and for halloween i wore it again, and I also put masscara on and my grandmother flipped because of how good i look with it, it makes my eyes a really wierd colour and for some reason, every girl finds it attractive, but I still can't figure out how to break it to my parents that I'm a little bit bi -sigh-  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:38 pm
Listen to your parents.  

Glamboy`

Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out