Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Campus Crusade For Christ!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hot zealots are...
  Dangerous. They may actually get to you.
  Dangerous. You may compramise morals to get them.
  Harmless. Hot people are usually stupid anyway.
  Harmless. I have no problem being seductive.
  Just like any other plaything I've wrapped around my finger.
View Results

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:06 am
If you're in college or soon to be, you're probably gonna run into these guys sooner or later. They pass out flyers on busyy street corners and they use precious and scarce campus rescources to promote their religious messages. Unfortunately, I work in a lecture hall that has become a weekly hell. Every Thursday these people ooze into the hall and leave behind the slim of their blind belief. Usually they're nice, but if they don't one thing their way, they start to b***h and wine like the goddamn nazgul. And the worst part is these ******** don't wanna leave. Technically they can stay as long as they rent the hall (usually midnight), but they always finish around 10:30 and then they just loiter! IT IS THURSDAY NIGHT PEOPLE! THERE ARE PARTIES, KEGS, AND WOMEN TO DO! All that beer isn't gonna drink itself! Jesus. You'd think there's be some late night mass or something for them to flock to. Anyway, they have a huge following and are kind of creepy. What really sucks is that a lot of the girls that go to the shows are actually hot. What a waste. and to top it off, this kind of hot girl I know is mormon, and that's the worst sect of Christianity.

What do you think of religious groups being affiliated with public school?

What do you think of CRU?

Hot people being religious: waste of good material, or potentialy easy targets?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:41 pm
It makes me sigh at the fact that I'v been told at my Youth Group (though everyone there knows of my Atheism. : D ) that 4% of the generation is christian. That contradicts it in SO many ways. That, and about 75-80% of the population of America is religious..if I'm correct.  

Nergalitos

Celebrating Reveler

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:53 pm
At CSU (Colorado State University) we get this guy who will go and for like a whole week he'll stand in the quad (big area where everyone is allowed to express their views, hold arguments, etc.) and he screams at the top of his lungs about Jesus loving everyone, except for the (insert loooong list here). I think last year he got kicked out of the quad (big deal, not many can do that) cause he started to physically abuse someone. *nods* Scary. And we get a lot of people from the campus church walking around asking if you believe in god or christ and if you'd ever wanted a church blah blah. They get these really funny looks when you say no. Or, as my friend has told me, that you're mormon. Heh.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:02 pm
Man it sucks living in a athiest nation, I wanna move to the US so I can argue with whacked out christians cry  

Kiron

PoeticVengeance

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:37 pm
Dathu
If you're in college or soon to be, you're probably gonna run into these guys sooner or later. They pass out flyers on busyy street corners and they use precious and scarce campus rescources to promote their religious messages. Unfortunately, I work in a lecture hall that has become a weekly hell. Every Thursday these people ooze into the hall and leave behind the slim of their blind belief. Usually they're nice, but if they don't one thing their way, they start to b***h and wine like the goddamn nazgul. And the worst part is these ******** don't wanna leave. Technically they can stay as long as they rent the hall (usually midnight), but they always finish around 10:30 and then they just loiter! IT IS THURSDAY NIGHT PEOPLE! THERE ARE PARTIES, KEGS, AND WOMEN TO DO! All that beer isn't gonna drink itself! Jesus. You'd think there's be some late night mass or something for them to flock to. Anyway, they have a huge following and are kind of creepy. What really sucks is that a lot of the girls that go to the shows are actually hot. What a waste. and to top it off, this kind of hot girl I know is mormon, and that's the worst sect of Christianity.

I find them annoying as all hell, but I don't raise a stink.

If they're allowed to be there then a GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) is too.

Hot people being religious is a pretty big waste.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:35 pm
Kiron
Man it sucks living in a athiest nation, I wanna move to the US so I can argue with whacked out christians cry

Oh, no you don't; you really, really don't. It's a real grass-is-greener--as soon as you get over here, you'll want out.  

DivideByZero14

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:27 pm
Quote:

I don't know about public schools... but since i'm in Nebraska, and i go to a private school, i guess they can do whatever the ******** it is they want to do... all 5 them.

CRU is bullshit. Unless they really act like the previous crusaders (trying to spread christianity by the sword), then they probably won't get much attention from the rest of the student community. as they don't.

And man oh man... i guess it depends on whether you decide to have a conscience that day. but as long as you keep repeating, "praise jesus!" you might have a chance. Then again, christian and hot usually means stuck up... so idk. i'd say waste of material.  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games