Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply Legend of the Seeker Discussion
OMG OMG A SoT TV SERIES Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  What is Terry thinking?
  It's about time!
View Results

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:53 pm
Hard to believe this guy though, so we're hoping you heard this from an outside source. x3  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:47 pm
I can't wait for the mini-series to come out. I think it'll be great, even if I don't agree with some of the characters.

Also, for people who think the mini-series will ruin the whole thing for you, then don't watch them and you wont have to worry about it being good or bad.  

Brokeded9

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:03 pm
I never said i wouldn't watch it ;-; -shniff-  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:38 pm
It's been quite a long time, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I got some exciting new info about the mini-series. It's listed in the mini-series banter sub-forum.

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

xx Koloblicin xx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:59 am
yeah i can't wait either thonnaa be out fall of 08 so we don't have to wait long....i just hope i can watch it,  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:27 pm
In case anyone wants to see the cover art and what Terry Goodkind thinks about the mini-series check this out. wink

http://www.terrygoodkind.com/news/news2.html  

JFisk

demondude_215

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:11 pm
itz not a mini-series itz goin to be a long running tv series
and dinsey iz helping on it
and that means it will suck
i know ive said stuff before but this time i have proof
there iz no trailer yet though 8(
heres ur proof
http://www.terrygoodkind.com/news/news2.html
make sure to read all of it
the letter iz under the the poster
if this has already been posted then im sorry for bugging u  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:50 am
I just hope they get the message through. If they botch it I go Black Mage Mixed with Foamy on their asses..."STABBITY DEATH WITH A FRENCH FRY!"  

ln(e)

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:08 pm
Wow.

Disney, huh? Now I've always liked Disney from what i grew up with till now, but I'm not sure selling any rights of his to Disney is a smart idea. Although i have to admit, Pirates of the Caribbean was awesome. Using Pirates as my only example that they can make awesoem things happen, I cling to the hope that Disney doesn't really screw this up for SOT fans.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of cutting things out from the book, but i do like the idea of adding more to the story. But i would much rather have the book just as it was, only presenting in moving pictures. Sadly i know this cannot be done, and only makes me feel more like this whole thing should never have been attempted. Some things ought to be left the way they are.

Then again, Lord of the Rings was simply AMAZING too, being based on a trilogy. I always have and always will feel that if BOTH Sam Raimi AND Peter Jackson worked together on this, it would be near perfect.

But oh well, what can i do about it. Maybe I'll get a plastic Sword of Truth from the Disney store and a little Richard Rahl doll . . . .  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:13 am
I don't know guys. I mean I thought that it stated in the letter he wasn't selling any of his rights, but then it's been a while since I read it.

They've been saying awful things about how the Twilight movie will turn out too but I think that they're down on it so much, they've already ruined the movie for themselves. I believe it's the same way for this, so I'm trying to stay positive about it and I know that the way it is shown is the way Terry imagined it to be.

surprised

sabre_sword
Captain

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:54 pm
sabre_sword
I don't know guys. I mean I thought that it stated in the letter he wasn't selling any of his rights, but then it's been a while since I read it.

They've been saying awful things about how the Twilight movie will turn out too but I think that they're down on it so much, they've already ruined the movie for themselves. I believe it's the same way for this, so I'm trying to stay positive about it and I know that the way it is shown is the way Terry imagined it to be.

surprised
-nodnods- :3! Yay!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:18 am
yeah when i was reading over the info page, i was like WHAT DISNEY!!! they are too family oriented to show something like of say, the siege of Ebinesia and its after effects, now i realize that thats a bit later and after the series is contracted to but what about when darken kills the little boy to travel in the underworld? im sorry but a little boy being castrated and cut apart is not something disney will even have happen off camera, i wuld suspect they would just cut out most of the scene entirely, or have him just kill the boy...

that being said, i have also noticed a gradual increase in the amount of blood and gore and violence in Disney productions, so its possible they may do a good job but to me its a coin toss right now as to whether they'll do a good job  

xx Koloblicin xx

Miki Hikari
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:35 pm
First Wizard Zorander
Wow.

Disney, huh? Now I've always liked Disney from what i grew up with till now, but I'm not sure selling any rights of his to Disney is a smart idea. Although i have to admit, Pirates of the Caribbean was awesome. Using Pirates as my only example that they can make awesoem things happen, I cling to the hope that Disney doesn't really screw this up for SOT fans.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of cutting things out from the book, but i do like the idea of adding more to the story. But i would much rather have the book just as it was, only presenting in moving pictures. Sadly i know this cannot be done, and only makes me feel more like this whole thing should never have been attempted. Some things ought to be left the way they are.

Then again, Lord of the Rings was simply AMAZING too, being based on a trilogy. I always have and always will feel that if BOTH Sam Raimi AND Peter Jackson worked together on this, it would be near perfect.

But oh well, what can i do about it. Maybe I'll get a plastic Sword of Truth from the Disney store and a little Richard Rahl doll . . . .

Ah! I would love a little Richard doll ^_^

Well one good thing about disney doing it is disney has money so it probably wont be poor quality

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:52 am
The good thing about it being a mini series is that now they can include everything that was in the book. And the people that they have playing Richard and Kahlan look pretty cool. I can't way to see who plays Zedd!! I hope they make the Mord-Sith look terrifying in all their red leathered glory, and the gars better not look retarded.  

Raksha77

Legend of the Seeker Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces