Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
New Layout ^-^

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:28 am
I finished the new layout for my blog a few days ago! It features a piece of vector art I did of some poppies:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was going for something very simple, classy, and sorta minimalist... as opposed to the ugly ugly mess of iframes and layers that the old layout was stressed

Please take a look, and give me some feedback on the layout/picture... I'm still not really sure if I like it...

EDIT: don't be afraid to start up a topic like this in the forum to ask for help or critiquing on your own artwork or site or whatever 3nodding That way we can all help each other and learn from each other, which is what this guild is all about!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:46 am
Looks very nice. I actually wouldn't change anything.  

jam-wired

vipersting

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:51 pm
i like it as well...i think it looks realistic

Nice job!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:54 pm
Looks great; very simple and elegant.  

Kitsunehime

Poma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:57 pm
Hey, it looks really good, the only thing that I would change is the bottom of the stems on the flowers, maybe make them seem as if they are stretched out and vanish ahm lol you know what I'm talking about, cuz it kinda just stops in the middle of the page. Being as its a nice focal point and all I was looking at it and scrolling down and it just stoped and broke off, kinda got lost for a second.

YAY !  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:34 am
Poma
Hey, it looks really good, the only thing that I would change is the bottom of the stems on the flowers, maybe make them seem as if they are stretched out and vanish ahm lol you know what I'm talking about, cuz it kinda just stops in the middle of the page. Being as its a nice focal point and all I was looking at it and scrolling down and it just stoped and broke off, kinda got lost for a second.

YAY !

Thanks everyone xd

Yeah, you're right about it stopping too suddenly... it bothered me too, just wasn't sure how to counter it. I might try your suggestions of fading them out.  

Chisa
Vice Captain

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces