Emmeline
  Lukia Cromwell
  Cassian
  Other
View Results

Necro Queen

Liberal Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:34 pm
I guess the "Jizabel/Jezebel" thing is like "Light/Raito" for Death Note (I can't stand when people say Raito by the way). Plus, this is the woman that named a character "Riffael". I figure since the manga says it's Jizabel, that's probably thway it's supposed to be pronounced. I just wanted other peoples' views. Thanks for the explanations!  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:42 am
Necro Queen
I guess the "Jizabel/Jezebel" thing is like "Light/Raito" for Death Note (I can't stand when people say Raito by the way). Plus, this is the woman that named a character "Riffael". I figure since the manga says it's Jizabel, that's probably thway it's supposed to be pronounced. I just wanted other peoples' views. Thanks for the explanations!

While "Light" is the official name for the character and "Raito" is just the romanji for it, I dont think there was ever an official printing of Jezebel's name, they only call him Dr. Disraeli.

So I think Viz was just taking the safe route by translating literally what they saw in the manga instead of making assumptions, but I think Jezebel is a pretty logical and safe assumption to make.

The writer in me kinda giggles and thinks "JezABLE" ...thus completing the reference to the parable of Cain and Able that runs through the God Child. story  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

puppy444219

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:56 pm
Sai-kun

The writer in me kinda giggles and thinks "JezABLE" ...thus completing the reference to the parable of Cain and Able that runs through the God Child. story

Wow XD That's something I would do...lol Now every time I see Jizable in the manga I'm gonna automatically think of that

(Geh. Now I'm all confused with names >.<)  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:20 pm
*just finished reading godchild v 5* o.o

i was right!!! i knew that there was something fishy about riff!!! i knew it!! and i even told my frind about what i thought!!!

yay!! i was right for once!! either way i still love riff he is just awesome ^.^  

-MarToxensDummies-

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces