Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul (Beware of spoilers)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read it?
  Yes
  No
  Oh, ah...
View Results

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:29 pm
I finished it. Good book. I like how the new God was born from Dirk's fridge.

Dirk didn't really have much to do with saving the day, eh? That was pretty... wierd... anyway, now I'm reading Salmon of Doubt. surprised  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:05 pm
I love the Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul! It is definitely my favorite Adams' book. Right now I have no good reason as to why it is. I just really like it. Thor amuses me. I also like it when the fridge lurks. No one but Adams' has ever admitted that inanimate objects do in fact lurk. I've never finished the Salmon of Doubt...and I have no idea why. It just seems that everytime I start to read it, I get distracted. I don't know, maybe it's just me...have you ever been proposed to by floating green motes of dust? mrgreen  

phlipp

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:40 pm
phlipp
I love the Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul! It is definitely my favorite Adams' book. Right now I have no good reason as to why it is. I just really like it. Thor amuses me. I also like it when the fridge lurks. No one but Adams' has ever admitted that inanimate objects do in fact lurk. I've never finished the Salmon of Doubt...and I have no idea why. It just seems that everytime I start to read it, I get distracted. I don't know, maybe it's just me...have you ever been proposed to by floating green motes of dust? mrgreen

Er... nope, can't say I have... eek  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:59 pm
aka_ak
phlipp

Er... nope, can't say I have... eek
rofl Please don't tell me you took me seriously? xd mrgreen  

phlipp

Daska

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:03 am
I read it, but I will probably have to read it over again one day, because I took a break from reading it, for a month or more, and when I finally finished reading it I couldn't remember what had happened. I think my favorite one would have to be Dirk Gently's Hositic Dectatve Agency. Lent the book to my mom months ago, and I'm still waiting for her to give it back.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:13 pm
It's been a while. I read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency more recently, though. if a year ago is recent... That's the one with the college and stuff, right? And a horse in an apartment building or something?  

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

phlipp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:49 pm
Lullabee
It's been a while. I read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency more recently, though. if a year ago is recent... That's the one with the college and stuff, right? And a horse in an apartment building or something?
Yuppers.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:46 am
hahaha, I just read it for the first time recently, and I loves it to deathses, yes I does ninja ... antywho... I really like the idea that the unused parts of your brain were for storing penguins, by the way.  

gwyn_sully

Gracious Gaian

fourtysecondscarf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:04 pm
Ive read it twice now...I love it!!!yes, inanimate objects really do lurk....and that pizza dilivery thing was just funny!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:24 pm
The whole Dirk Gently series is amazing. Oh, Douglas Adams was a genius. All his boks are amazing. He has (had T-T ) such great humour.  

Svlad Cjelli

Lidaby

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:57 am
Hahah, I bought it without realising it was the second in the series... so I got the first one off a friend.

I thought it was excellent! I mean, with the lurking fridge, random eagles... just a generally awesome book.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games