Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Banzai and Gin; Part Two!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tired of these guys yet?
  I love 'em!
  Yes. Make them die in brutal, yet tragically ironic ways.
  Write...more...Banzai and Gin... *zombeh mode*
  Stop with the screenplays! I CAN'T TAKE NO MORE!!!
View Results

]Impetigo[

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:14 pm
INT-SMALL APARTMENT IN MIDSTS OF TOKYO-CLOSE TO MIDNIGHT

We enter in on yet another quiet scene. Both BANZAI and GIN are studying frantically for tests they will have in the morning. However, each girl has her own way of cramming, and it is revealed amply by her current appearance.

Banzai is surrounded by towering books, several of them dog-eared, and most of them open. She is sitting at a small desk, which has been haphazardly shoved into a cramped corner. Her chair is of the old, wooden, creaky sort, although it can recline and be rendered mobile. She sits with one leg tucked beneath her, while the other is in constant nervous movement. Her eyes are bloodshot, and it looks like she has been awake for several days, which she has. Another thing to be noted is the fact that she has a large 2-liter bottle of soda on the desk, and it has been more than halfway consumed. Banzai is obviously running on energy from a pure sugar/caffeine high, and a crazed smile plays about her mouth.

Gin however has a different method of study. She sits upon the red armchair, and is slowly, but surely, copying the class textbooks onto her body with indelible ink. Her legs and arms are mostly covered, and now she is working on her wrists. It is uncertain if she is simply using this as a way to memorize what she has read…or if she will take the cheater’s path. In any case, she looks none too glamorous herself, with her already frizzy hair sticking out more than usual, and a large chunk of it seemingly pulled out. She yawns, and accidentally draws a squiggle on her palm.
GIN
(tiredly)
Baaaaaaaaaaanzaaaaiii…I don’t caaaare if I fail midterms anymore. I just want some sleeeep

BANZAI
(irately)
Quit yer whinin’! We gotta pass! And if you distract me from my bookies…

GIN
(warily)
What wildly improbable and impossible threat are you planning now?

BANZAI
THE FEET-EATERS! THEY’RE COMING FOR THEE!

GIN
Yes, yes. I know. I’ve had it coming for quite some time now.

BANZAI
(in a crazed manner)
Sneaky little trickster won’t keep me from my darlings…my only…my precious.

GIN
(nervously)
Ooookay, then! Completely ignoring the insane muttering now.

BANZAI
THE FISH! HE’S COME FOR ME LUCKY PAPERS! WHAT WILL BECOME OF THEM? I fear that—

The end of Banzai’s sentence is cut off by her body’s central processing unit, which then proceeds to shut down the system. Swiftly, her head falls upon the nearest stable surface…which happens to be the middle of the desk. Gin looks on, faintly amused, before she too drops off into the Land of Nod.

A few moments pass in peaceful slumber, but Fate is often cruel and unforgiving, and both are awakened by the telephone.

Gin is startled awake, irked that her unplanned nap has been interrupted, while Banzai has jumped up, afraid to be caught snoozing, and is now continuing her cramming afresh.

The less dutiful girl races to the telephone, and picks it up on the fifth ring.

GIN
Moshi-moshi! Residence of Banzai and Gin, Gin speaking.

Gin listens intently, then realization dawns. She smiles happily, and abruptly switches languages. Instead of her familiar Japanese, she now speaks English…albeit stiff and hesitant English.

GIN
(brightly)
Yes, I am doing fine, thank you. You have pleasant trip?
(pause)
You wish speak with her? One moment, please.

Gin hurries back to Banzai, who is reading intently, as if she wants her eyes to burn holes in the page. Gin shakes her roommate, and manages to focus Banzai’s gaze on her face.

GIN
It’s your parents. They want to talk to you. They’re at the airport in Tokyo, and they have a hotel already booked.

Banzai’s eyes go wide at this news. Surprised would be an understatement of what her eyes look like, as they seem to have grown twice their size. She smoothes down her hair (unnecessary, since she is simply answering the telephone), and rubs her eyes hurriedly. She then engages in a few deep breaths, to calm herself, and picks up the phone.

BANZAI
(panicky)
Mom! Dad! Are you two okay? Why’re you here? Did something happen? Where are you?

She listens intently upon what is being said to her, and seems greatly relieved…relieved that nobody’s hurt, and relieved that she doesn’t have to leave the house in her state to meet them. She sags against the wall, and wearily closes her eyes.

BANZAI
Good. You should have called BEFORE getting on the plane, but I understand. Spur of the moment you say? Nice. How was the flight?
(pause for several moments)
That sounds…interesting. Listen, Mom? I can’t really spend the night chatting away…I have midterms in the morning. Must’ve slipped your mind, huh?
(angry twittering is heard, as Banzai’s mother defends herself)
Okay, I get it! Hey, I get out of class at two tomorrow. Let’s meet up at, say…two-thirty? I’ll be bringing Gin, per usual.
(pause)
Hideki’s Café. Gotcha! See ya then! Bai-bai!

Banzai pinches the bridge of her nose, removing her eyeglasses before doing so. The last of her sugar/caffeine high has worn off, and she is utterly beat. Gin notices her fatigue, and places a friendly arm around her shoulders.

GIN
Wanna finish cramming in the morning? We have until nine…

BANZAI
(half-asleep)
I’d…I’d like that. I need a nap. Set my alarm clock for five o’clock, would ya?

GIN
(cheerily)
No problem!

As Banzai settles down for the remainder of the evening, Gin turns to the evil alarm clock. Slightly unsure, Gin finally works out how to set the blasted thing, and after much thought, sets it for seven instead of five.

GIN
She needs the sleep. Besides, if this thing wakes me up at five, I’ll be one pissed off Gin!

Gin too settles down, and in the apartment silence reigns triumphant once more. However, the next morning promises to be as hectic as tonight was. Maybe even worse. The scene slowly fades to black.

---

Been a while, hasn't it? Sorry! I'm back, and I'm dragging Banzai and Gin back with me. I love these guys, for some strange reason. We have history together, you could say. 3nodding

In screenplay format once again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:52 pm
I really like the screenplay format and the story.

Only things I found wrong was:

(pause)

You should add to after wish.

sweatdrop
sorry if I seem rude about this, it's just that, I've noticed I really have nothing to say to improve peoples writting, and this was the only thing I could find.

write more soon! blaugh  

Oukow

Ablepsy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:43 pm
Oukow

(pause)

sweatdrop
sorry if I seem rude about this, it's just that, I've noticed I really have nothing to say to improve peoples writting, and this was the only thing I could find.

write more soon! blaugh

About this comment, not to be rude,
but she was trying to make her speak
'Engrish', seeing as English isn't her
first language. sweatdrop See, Gin's
parents are American, but they moved
to Japan and had Gin. She's lived there
all her life, while her parents moved
back to America when she got into
college.

sweatdrop sweatdrop

Sorry, she's my character.

Am, I loved this! I can't wait for the next part!!!
*Fangirl Squeal*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:45 pm
Oukow

(pause)

sweatdrop

write more soon! blaugh

sweatdrop It's supposed to be that way. Gin's not that great with English...and people often make those mistakes when speaking another language.

Edit: Ablepsy beat me to it!

]Impetigo[

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces