Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Polls Project
I met someone...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Holy novellas, Batman! That's ******** long!
  Yeah... Way to lazy to read it...
  Oh, bite me. Without the shortened version of the whole story, the post would be pointless.
  And what makes you think we wanted to know in the first place?
  Nothing. I just felt like posting it. And stop complaining, you're getting a damn poll out of it.
View Results

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:32 pm
Put me to sleep, evil angel...

He's my friend from Chicago, Brittany's cousin Simon. I met him the frist time when I was house-sitting last summer. He lives in North Carolina and drove down (I live in Tennessee, by the way) to visit her for a day. The three of us hung out for a few hours before he left. I thought he was cute and a cool guy, but didn't think much of it, 'cause I didn't expect to ever see him again.

Well, last weekend Britt's mom and dad drove down from Illinios to see her play in our volleyball games that Saturday, and visit on Sunday. Simon drove down the same day.

After the games they were gonna walk over to the little pumpkin festival the town was having, and Britt invited me along. I said no, 'cause I didn't wanna intrude in their family time, since they rarely get to see each other anymore. But she convinced me, saying that I could "just stare at Simon the whole time" ( xd ). After the fair thing, they all insisted I go to dinner with them. Again, I'd felt I had intruded enough, but Britt and Simon (mostly Simon) talked me into it. After dinner we hung out at the dorm for a few hours.

Well, all during the day, Simon and I were getting more flirty-ish, if you will, and talking more. Around 11, we left Britt and her mom and dad in the lobby to talk, and we went outside together. It was cold, and after a couple of minutes, I started shivering. He made me put on his hoodie over mine (insert "awww"s here rolleyes ). Anyway, we had some really deep conversations about his past and my current problems and his. We really opened up to each other, which surprised me. I rarely get that close to someone period, much less in one day.

The next day, after he left (I didn't get to see him that day 'cause I had to work and had made plans with some friends that I couldn't drop. But he did call me!), I found out from Brittany that he likes me as much I'm interested in him. I'd already guessed as much, though, from some hinting he did on the phone ("I'm gonna have to make that trip more often, now that I have a reason to.").

I was really excited a couple of days ago, but now that I've had time for it to sink in, I'm really down about it. He lives around five hours away, and I'm not willing to do the long distance thing.

*sigh* I have no luck with guys.

confused

...Open your wings, evil angel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:51 pm
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbecued iguana

That was alot...

Anyways, you do have luck with guys...you're just not into the long distance thing. That's more like...you have no luck with you. Or rather, he doesn't.

I'd take requests on the telephone
I'm on a wavelength far from home
({ User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. })i({

DarquePinkPaper
Vice Captain

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:05 am

I'm not the only one. Britt said something about him saying something along the same lines. That it'd be cool if something happened between us, but it wouldn't 'cause of the distance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:07 am
When one burns out, another takes its place;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I am gray, I am gray
Shoot it
I am color, I am color
Shooting
This is gray, this is gray
Shot it
I am color, I am color
Shot

*shrugs*
I dunno, I just think if it was worth it, distance wouldn't matter...

At times, they seem close enough to touch,
as they transport your dreams far away.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

DarquePinkPaper
Vice Captain

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:12 am

But it isn't worth it.

I've tried the distance thing before. Lead to the biggest heartbreak of my life.

I'm not setting myself up for that again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:56 am
When one burns out, another takes its place;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I am gray, I am gray
Shoot it
I am color, I am color
Shooting
This is gray, this is gray
Shot it
I am color, I am color
Shot

Ah. Okay.

At times, they seem close enough to touch,
as they transport your dreams far away.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

DarquePinkPaper
Vice Captain

Pixilated

Shameless Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:05 pm
*wishes her boyfriend was in the same timezone*

Ah, sorry he lives so far away, but if that's a deal breaker for you don't change your mind on a whim. It is a very big issue 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:21 pm
Well, I hope that you will end up happy... *in a way that benefits all...*  

Twilight Falcon

black_knightj

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:42 pm
I tihnk you should go for it Lunitari, it's working for me and obviously pix. I have aith in you.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:58 am
Aww sad  

Polyphonic Twilight

The Polls Project

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas