Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
An Interview with a Fundie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Athens.
  True.
  False.
  Buy a vowel.
View Results

DivideByZero14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:13 pm
I stumbled upon this video of an interview with the principal of a Christian fundie school. It's pretty crazy; this guy's a regular nutjob, and he has in his hands the supple minds of 1800 children.

http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/797

My question for you guys is, does the interviewer come on too strong? Is he fair, or mean? Towards the end, I found myself feeling sorry for the principal. I guess this ties into that thread about debate; would it be better to do as he has, provoke a full-on confrontation, or just ask him his side without the analysis and let the viewer decide? What is more effective for the atheist cause, and does that make it the right choice?

Hmm.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:25 am
I like how they use p***s size in the first pictures to get the message across. All the human men in 'hell' have small ones, the devil looks like he is going to a**-rape one of them at one point xD. That's hawt. Subliminal messages that if you don't follow christianity you will have a small c**k, you think?  

Muaethia

SmurfsonAcid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:41 am
I've done that to about three people. Some irritated me with their stubborn person, and I laughed in some people's face after they realized that their beliefs sucked.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:14 pm
Hmm...

I think I may actually set up an interview with the principal of *my* school some time

(He's been on a water and vitimin fast for the past two months in honor of our fundraiser, if that gives any idea, so it might actually be pretty interesting. xD)  

Tenth Speed Writer

Napoleon_Danneskjold

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:17 pm
sounds to me like he thinks are all damned for doubting the holy spirit. Nope no Christ can save us... the rubicon is crossed! Hail Satan!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:48 pm
The interviewer did a wonderful job in the interview. But the man did not. The only reason that I see for him refusing to answer any more questions, was that he was not prepared to answer them. Notice how he had notes that he was looking off of in the beginning, and then when he longer looked down towards the end he started getting all mad? That right there showed me that the only reason he was mad was because he was unprepared.

Also, he did not have scientific evidence for his faith. The interviewer asked for scientific evidence, and the man rambled on about how he had historical evidence; that was not what the interiviwer asked for.

And then notice how this school puts more emphasis on converting people than they do keeping them there? They said they made nonchrsitians write a paper about why they think what they believe is right. Just because the school is a Christian school, that means that Christians don't have to do the same? When I was a Christian, it was one thing to be one. But the large part of it was you had to defend your faith. So, do they not think that their kids can defend their faith? Is that why there is no paper for them?

All I see here is the school scaring poor little kindergardners into accepting a false hope. When you are in kindergarden, you mainly go along with what people tell you. You are gullible, and you are looking for answers in the world, even if you don't realize it. My church flat out said one Sunday, "We need to get the kids while we still can; we need to get them before they start making their own decisions. Get them when they are young and it's easy to get them to believe." That disgusted me.

The ending was my favorite part, though. I love how he did that. It's like something I would do if I was alone in my church. If I do it when the people were there... hehe... I would get burned at the stake. whee

Yami_Ichi

DivideByZero14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:26 pm
Ooh, great insight, Muaethia! It makes perfect sense.

addseale2, that would make a fantastic interview.

And Yami, what you say is true. The problem these days is not that there isn't science going directly against religion, but that the fools won't look at it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:42 am
Christian talk bores me. Couldn't get past the first minute.  

darkwolf possession

darkwolf possession

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:51 am
I went to a Christian school. They seriously taught kids to be vicious, arrogant, nasty brats to anyone who didn't believe. Basically, we were told that we were the scions of God and anyone who disagreed in the slightest had to be verbally beaten into submission. The teachers didn't really teach anything but indoctrination. We didn't get sex ed even though the government told the school to, for one.
Frankly if he's anything like those idiots who ran that school he deserves the absolute worst of this interviewer's rants. I really wish I'd had an actual eduation sad  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games