Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Heavy Metal 101

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:26 pm
Hahah I found this rant/blog I did ages ago, I thought I'd post it up because its kinda cool, though I apologise for the bad spelling, I was using a crappy keyboard to type it and can't be bothered to correct it.

Quote:
It has come to my attention that the soul and spirit of heavy metal has been lost with all this modern output. Don't start with all the "how can you preach about metal blah blah" bollocks, and by the way, with out heavy metal, there would be no Emo, so you buncha whiney a** teens sit down, shut up and listen.

Chapter 1: What is Heavy Metal.
Before we can chart the loss of heavy metal's soul, we have to first understand what it is. Metal could be defined as: A music dedicated at a specific Tempo, with lryics partaining to the political and social climate with a somewhat humerous or Rageful demeanor.

But its more alot more, its that feeling of anticipation when you know the crecendo of a 10 minute epic guitar solo is comming, that tingle down your spine when you here melodic yet commanding vocals, they don't need to scream out every word. But most of all, its that first tine you hear what freedom sounds like. Does this sound dodgy, well maybe it does, but Metal unlike what it has become should breed a sense of comadary, non of this I am so alone no one understands me crap, that is a perversion of Metal, it should inspire the feeling of having you and your friends overcoming great prejudice from the rest of the world.

Heavy Metal breeds honour that feeling of entering a mosh pit, knowing your gonna be safe yet seeming to be flung around like a ragdoll, if you want to be bloodied, bruised and beaten go to a Hardcore gig.

Chapter 2: Satan is not unfashionable!
Contrary to popular belief of most kids, satan is not unfashionable, so why does metal seem to faze him out lately, what happened to singing about riding into the fires of eternity as demons swoop from the sky?

Well heres the deal, IT ISN'T MARKETABLE! what you kids listen too is focused group developed trite that is known to sell well, all this Angst is just sickening, why angst when you can celebrate life, it isn't fashionable to cut yourself, it isn't Heavy Metal to try and commit suicide and most of all, it isn't unique, its conformist! Heavy metal is a celebration of life, that is its fashion, thats what makes it unique.

Chapter 3: Guitars capabilities.
I'm going to tell you why electric guitars where built, and its not to play the same hacknyed riff, they will not disintergrate if you play a 20 minute solo, with sweeping rythem, they should inspire you to reach out and grab your goals. Not pump out some barely coherant riff that a 13 year old scribbled down in 5 minutes, guitars are an extension of your creativity, not an instrument, they are a to a musician what a brush is to a painter, what a pen and ink is to a writer.

Have any of you heard what a guitar solo truly is, and don't spout some crap about a 45 second instrumental, a solo should be the chance to drive that part of yourself no one could grasp into a creative output. A guitar is your Excalibur, your weapon of choice, your divine instrument of battle, use it as such.

The lessons end for today, for homework, go listen to some real Heavy Metal, go listen to Dragon Force, Iron Maiden and Bolt Thrower, listen and tell me that compared to the repetative drivel that is classed as Metal these day's that they are boring... Alot of you have done, and there is no hope for you, those with open minds, a lust for life, and true ambition understand, those with real soul and spirit know, and those that have it stiring in them need to be awakened, and when they here the soaring guitar solo's of Herman Li they will understand what has been missing...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:39 pm
eek I cant beleive you wrote that much  

TheBloodICry

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:41 pm
You haven't seen the Rellik San guide to dating, which sadly has been lost in the mists of the internet, that thing was huge. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:19 pm
How are Metal and Emo connected anyways?  

Amazingemail

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:20 am
Yes!

The world has become Middle Ages, I am Charlemagne and heavy metal is my mighty longsword!

>>

I'll post more useful output when I've got time. Ta ta.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:31 am
BassFu

Well emotive hardcore is the b*****d offspring of metal and emo.

Why do you thing magazines like kerrang and metal hammer started to cover emo bands?  

Rellik San
Captain

CHOKETRENDKILL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:47 am
. . .
I must admit.
I like some metal.

Tool.
Mairlyn Manson.
Korn.
Disturbed.
Rob Zombie.

And 1 SlipKnot song.
'duality'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:57 am
Rellik San
BassFu

Well emotive hardcore is the b*****d offspring of metal and emo.

Why do you thing magazines like kerrang and metal hammer started to cover emo bands?

Oh wait I just got that what you wrote was satire. Good thing no ones that big an idiot.  

Amazingemail

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:47 pm
[night mare]
. . .
I must admit.
I like some metal.

Tool.
Mairlyn Manson.
Korn.
Disturbed.
Rob Zombie.

And 1 SlipKnot song.
'duality'

To be specific-

Tool is prog-metal
Marilyn Manson is industrial rock
Korn is nu-metal
Disturbed is also nu-metal
Rob Zombie is, depending on the era, post-thrash (when he was in White Zombie) and hard rock/metal with samples (on the outskirts of industrial rock).
Slipknot is nu-metal.

Would you like some drone-doom metal with that?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:18 pm
Isel
[night mare]
. . .
I must admit.
I like some metal.

Tool.
Mairlyn Manson.
Korn.
Disturbed.
Rob Zombie.

And 1 SlipKnot song.
'duality'

To be specific-

Tool is prog-metal
Marilyn Manson is industrial rock
Korn is nu-metal
Disturbed is also nu-metal
Rob Zombie is, depending on the era, post-thrash (when he was in White Zombie) and hard rock/metal with samples (on the outskirts of industrial rock).
Slipknot is nu-metal.

Would you like some drone-doom metal with that?

You got those definitions from Wikipedia, didn't you?

I like pretty much all metal. My current favorite, however, is Protest the Hero.

And in response to Dragonforce - HOLY s**t!!! Have you seen them play their guitars? Just imagine trying to play that yourself. Then pick up the scattered shards of your recently-exploded head.  

Slappy the Ninja

xxxcyberaddictxxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:19 pm
the best metal (overall, all styles) bands is either August Burns Red (don't let the boy next door look fool you) or The Agony Scene.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games