Reply The Tekken Force
Tekken Match Vids Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Candy Spookie

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:52 am
I kind of missed all the peachy-keen Julia talk in the first video. I'm upset about that. And, how long did it take the doctors to put your lung back in? Dude, Icege.

In the Raven juggle, is it f,f+3, 1, 1...... or is there a sidestep between those jabs? Maybe a small dash? Wall-to-wall elbows are wicked. Oh, and for Ling, I thought d/f+2,1 was safe in T5, so did they change it in DR?

Quality content as always.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:28 pm
Gojyou Shiouji
I kind of missed all the peachy-keen Julia talk in the first video. I'm upset about that. And, how long did it take the doctors to put your lung back in? Dude, Icege.

In the Raven juggle, is it f,f+3, 1, 1...... or is there a sidestep between those jabs? Maybe a small dash? Wall-to-wall elbows are wicked. Oh, and for Ling, I thought d/f+2,1 was safe in T5, so did they change it in DR?

Quality content as always.

I was pretty bad off until about this past Thursday. My voice still has a tiny bit of a scratch in it, but I'm not hacking up bloody phlegm anymore... so that's always a plus.

The Raven juggle is ff+3, 1, SSL, 1, ff+3, b+4,4. I was missing the ender so much because I wasn't sidestepping far enough before jabbing again.

I dunno anything about Ling. I just picked her for shits and giggles. We've got another slew of videos coming soon from that night... That's about maybe the last half of them.

Julia is the caboose on the Chaolan Express.  

Icege

Candy Spookie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:35 am
I enjoyed your Julia immensely. 4~1,2 looks fun. Though, I noticed you didn't go for many 1 counter hits. Reasoning behind that?  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:07 am
Gojyou Shiouji
I enjoyed your Julia immensely. 4~1,2 looks fun. Though, I noticed you didn't go for many 1 counter hits. Reasoning behind that?

4~1,2 is so busted. If you space it so that the high portion of the first hit misses, the second hit is guaranteed. It's why she's so broken against the wall now. Is she going to to her uncrushable Hellsweep, or elbow?

Hard to go for 1 CHs against the guy I played. Even though he's super aggressive, he gets scared against Julia and won't rush like he usually does. I'd get punished if I went for 1~1,1 or 1,2,1 since that's what he's primarily looking for.  

Icege

Candy Spookie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:44 am
Icege
Gojyou Shiouji

4~1,2 is so busted. If you space it so that the high portion of the first hit misses, the second hit is guaranteed. It's why she's so broken against the wall now. Is she going to to her uncrushable Hellsweep, or elbow?

Hard to go for 1 CHs against the guy I played. Even though he's super aggressive, he gets scared against Julia and won't rush like he usually does. I'd get punished if I went for 1~1,1 or 1,2,1 since that's what he's primarily looking for.
So, she's almost become wall dependent?

And I thought 1,2 was safe?  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:43 am
Gojyou Shiouji
Icege
Gojyou Shiouji

So, she's almost become wall dependent?

And I thought 1,2 was safe?

She's by no means wall dependent. In fact, she's very dangerous now because of two big things:

1) fF+1 tracks
2) She has a threatening low that you have to block while not being easy to block

What I mean by this is that in TTT, she was crazy due to the fact that the elbow couldn't be sidestepped and netted her frame advantage. She didn't need a threatening low either due to the TTT system. When T4 came out, she was very, very linear which made things very difficult on her. Also, with the system changes, she lacked a good low. She had FC,d/f+4,3, but you have to be in FC in order to execute it so it's not very difficult to see coming. In the case where you do try to block it and get hit by WS+4, it's not like you're losing a whole lot of life over the matter. She had 4,4 which could be low parried on block. She just didn't have anything.

5.0 drops and she has d+3 and f+3~4. Elbow is still linear, but now she has a decent low poke. Unfortunately, there's no reason to block it. Marduk actually suffers from the same problems as Julia. He's got all these great mids that lead to great damage, but they're all punishable and there's absolutely no reason to block low against him. He's got d+3, d+4, and D/F+4. D/F+4 is slow and blockable on reaction, d+3 has little range and isn't all that quick. d+4, while being unable to low parry it and it's fast, gives him a hefty chunk of frame disadvantage and gets him launched by almost everybody on block.

With 4~2,1, Julia now has a threatening, uncrushable low that knocks down, does great damage, and isn't possible to block on reaction. If spaced correctly so that the high portion of the first hit (which hits high and low at the same time) misses, the second hit is guaranteed. You end up doing 28dmg and causing a knockdown. If they block the first hit and try to launch you, you can finish it and possibly beat out the launcher. The last hit is launch punishable though, so it's essentially a damage that does 28dmg and wall splats.

So now you've got people ducking against Julia when they're at a certain range, which means that now she can use her elbow (which tracks now, but no longer grants frame advantage) to keep you from sidestepping, or her other great mids to catch you trying to duck.

It's just that now on the wall, it's so dangerous because she can cause a wall splat off of a simple 50/50 mix-up from the ff+1 and 4~2,1. Both of them will net her free wall combo which does about 38dmg iirc.

1~2 is -10 on block. The 4 at the end makes it safe, but there's no mix-up because after blocked 1~2 she goes either high or low. So people can just duck if they see her continue to move.  

Icege

Icege

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:37 pm
Vids from UT8 in France which Knee and Nin from Korea both attended.

Ryan Hart (KAZ) vs. Knee (BRY) Casuals 1 of 2 (omg 0:2 cool
Ryan Hart (KAZ,DVJ) vs. Knee (BRY) Casuals 2 of 2 (0:56)
Frenchie (GAN) vs. Knee (BRY) Casuals
Cris (JUL) vs. Knee (JIN,BRY)
Jelo (JIN) vs. Knee (JIN) Casuals
JinYanG (NIN) vs. Nin (STV) Casuals
OldBoy (BAE) vs. Nin (STV) Casuals
lix_tetrax (CRA) vs. Nin (STV) Casuals
Tissuemon (CRA) vs. Knee (BRY) Casuals
GEN1US (PAU) vs. Knee (BRY) Casuals
GEN1US (PAU) vs. Nin (STV) Casuals
Knee (STV) vs. lix_tetrax (CRA) Casuals
Tissuemon (CRA) vs. Bob (LAW) Casuals
Raiden (HWO) vs. Nin (STV) Casuals Mazuya (HWO,LAW,JAC) vs. Nin (STV) Casuals
Nin (STV) vs. Devil (FNG) Casuals
Nin (STV) vs. Matt (JUL) Casuals
??? (DVJ) vs. Nin (STV) Casuals (I think this might be vs. Ryan Hart)
Ryan Hart (KAZ) vs. Nin (STV) Casuals
Quiksilverman (NIN) vs. Nin (STV) Casuals Pt1
Quiksilverman (NIN) vs. Nin (STV) Casuals Pt2
Quiksilverman (NIN) vs. Knee (BRY) Casuals

Knee punching Raven in the face
Random Nin rapage

Editting this post with more vids of UT8

Knee Taunts into Jet Upper like it's his job.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:02 am
I've played against Jelo! o/

I lost! o/

[edit] Thank you for the links. 3nodding  

Kradvity

Candy Spookie

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:07 pm
I demand more NiN wavedashing rape.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:56 pm
Gojyou Shiouji

He makes me want to play Steve, but I refuse to shell out as many tokens as it'd take to learn him at the mall. I need to get me a PS3 >.<  

Icege

Candy Spookie

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:46 pm
Icege
Gojyou Shiouji

He makes me want to play Steve, but I refuse to shell out as many tokens as it'd take to learn him at the mall. I need to get me a PS3 >.<
You and me both. He's crazy he does backturn s**t for the fun of it. Against Mazuya at 00:43 begins a 8 second rape session. I'm going to practice my T5 Steve, just to get my fingers into shape.

But damn, man.  
The Tekken Force

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces