Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Video Game Graphics.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anime_Lover1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:34 pm
Does anyone else here want to design graphics for video games?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:13 pm
HELL YEAH! It's a competitive and tough field though.  

Avis-yam

Syntome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:47 am
I'd love to get into the videogame field, since I have such a love for the games, I believe I'd very much enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:47 pm
I think I'd prefer to either work on gameplay or plot for a game, though graphics would be great too. ^^  

infernalpudding

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:23 pm
The thing I'd like to do is concept art. I like drawing a lot, and I think it would be really fun to develop how the characters look.

I got this advice from a guy who works on games: there are so many different stages and parts of designing a game, so you need to pick one that you're really interested it, and get really good at it!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:42 am
I personally would rather work on the code part of a video game, that work on the art work.  

Loki_Choas

That Crazy Botvinnik

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:40 pm
Textures.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:08 am
SilverVixen
The thing I'd like to do is concept art. I like drawing a lot, and I think it would be really fun to develop how the characters look.

I got this advice from a guy who works on games: there are so many different stages and parts of designing a game, so you need to pick one that you're really interested it, and get really good at it!
Same here, although it is really competitive, and I'm nowhere near good enough to land that kind of job sweatdrop I have a sort-of idea for a game, but as my programming and animation skills are pretty dismal it's not looking like its going to become a reality any time soon.  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Pixel Sage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:17 pm
Hehe... I'm already an art director for a game, and we have one heck of an art crew. I've learned quite a bit from leading... not only the art section, but a lot of the entire thing as well.

If you really want to start a game, then maybe you wouldn't mind reading a few of these tips:

arrow Planning: You HAVE to plan out your game, get a timeline out, and do your best to enforce them. Sure, you can just have people do their own thing and set no deadline, but trust me on this: Nothing will get done. Even small games have at least 6 months of planning before any work is done.
arrow Only recruit people you KNOW will be devoted for the duration of the game. Find ways to keep them motivated. Recruiting lazy people will only pull the entire team back from progress.
arrow Make a small version of your game first, like a mini demo. Once you even have that down, then you can start to think about making a full-fledged game.
arrow Create a website or forum where your teammates can get constant updates on progress. Make sure each member is contributing to that progress!
arrow Lastly and most importantly, keep in mind that many people start creating games in team, but only a VERY small percentage actually get completed. Unless you REALLY think you can make a game from start to finish, don't bother.

Hope that helps =D  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:04 pm
ive been working on a project for awhile now, its getting pretty hard to think up an idea for a town, or how the sprites should look...its teduious but u just gotta keep with it  

Jayta Kimioji

Pixel Sage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:35 pm
Singrea
ive been working on a project for awhile now, its getting pretty hard to think up an idea for a town, or how the sprites should look...its teduious but u just gotta keep with it

Awesome smile Who's involved and how far is it? *curious*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:26 am
I can make video games. Not the 3D ones, nah, just some 2D RPGs, Puzzles, and sometimes action games. My specialty is puzzle games. If anyone wants there art to be made part of a game, PM me. ;D I'm sure we can work /something/ out.  

0xC0DE

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Jayta Kimioji

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:57 am
Pixel Sage
Singrea

pretty much just me.... but all my effort isabout to go down the drain... thank u very much windows xp sp2 crying crying crying

and i was just about finished makin my main chara too.....  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:50 pm
Singrea
Pixel Sage
Singrea

pretty much just me.... but all my effort isabout to go down the drain... thank u very much windows xp sp2 crying crying crying

and i was just about finished makin my main chara too.....

WinXP SP2 sucks.

Anyway... I don't know why I didn't say this earlier(probably got disconnected just before I clicked "Submit") but that's good advice, Pixel Sage. I've actually got my own 'game' I'm working on, but unfortunately a lot of things are up in the air -- our schedule is tied to a deadline which none of us know, and won't until it is or is not announced at some point in the future. o_o; And some team member problems. But annnyway. Where was I? Yes... good advice. domokun  

Kitsuta

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff