Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
LazerBlade: A New Superhero [Idea for NaNoWriMo]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:03 pm
So for those of you who know about NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writer's Month), then you'll see that this is just an idea for what's to come.

For those who don't know what it is, it's basically a big challenge. On Nov. 1st, you have to commit yourself to writing an entire 50,000 word novel... by the end of the month! I don't know if I can pull it off myself, but I love the idea of it. Go to www.nanowrimo.org if you're interested; it'll be starting soon.

Anyhow, this technically isn't writing from the book, but rather an idea. So don't call me out and say I'm cheating... lol. And no, the character below is not the same one from my Wingless series. For reference.

"Spyke, behind you!" the robotic monkey shouts as fast as his mind can process the command.

"Aha!"

Spyke whirls around, bringing up his lazerblade just in time to meet that of a robotic knight. The swords clash and fizzle. Spyke rapidly thrusts his back and forth, side-to-side. Eventually, he gives a powerful horizontal slice, sending the knight flying.

Ok, so my life isn't normal. AT ALL. The name's Spyke Ekyps. And yes, Ekyps is Spyke spelled backwards. My parents had a strange sense of humor.

Hydro, Spyke's robotic monkey companion, catches up to Spyke. He had just finished disposing of another robotic knight, utilizing his own mini-lazerblade.

"Jeebus! These guys just won't stop..."

Spyke raises an eyebrow. "Well, we ARE assaulting their fortress. So I'd think they'd have every reason to attack us... Behind you!"

Spyke, knowing Hydro couldn't physically have enough resonse-time, whips out his pistol and blows off the head of a tall robotic knight.

"Thanks!" Hydro uses his tail to make a motion of wiping sweat off his forehead. It he sweated.

Awhile back, I met up with this crazy little guy, Hydro. He's sort of inappropriately named, since I don't think he really has anything to do with water... but he seems to like the sound of it. He was the one who introduced me to this weapon. The LazerBlade.

Who knows why some of the strangest people get receive grand destinies? Well, this seems to be mine. Ever since I met up with Hydro, and I joined up in the BIDD (Bublen Inter-Dimensional Defense) my life has never been the same.

"Hyrdo, analyze our current route and an estimated time it'll take to reach the base's core." Spyke and Hyrdo had broken out into a run, heading down the lengthy chrome corridors of the fortress's interior.

"Eh... take a left at the blue monitor thingie... and we should get there in... 5-20 minutes."

"That's rather broad."

"Sue me! I'm a monkey! What do you expect?!"

We've been fighting against a force named GS for quite awhile now. Hell, I still don't know what it stands for. But they're tough... they use some sort of teleport devices to send soldiers from Bublen city to Earth! So my job has now been extended to saving TWO worlds. Ya. It's a hassle.

They reach the base's core. Computer screens line the large circular room. A giant blue hologram, outlining a plan of terrorism for a skyscraper in Hong Kong, lies in the center. And in front of it-

Hydro busts out his lazerblade. "The boss GS agent!"

Spyke follows suit. "Looks like it. Who are you?"

The robotic GS warrior smiles. "The last thing you will see in this world, LazerBlade! Let's see how well you can use one of those!"

Spyke grins. "Bring it on!"

We fight for the things and people we love. That's why I fight. I may not know a ton about these BIDD people, or about my new crazy friend Hyrdo, or about the nice computer lady Saria, or about the GS organization...

But I know what's right.

I've always wanted to be a superhero. And I'm not going to give up the opportunity of a lifetime.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:26 pm
rofl

Oh man... I want to read the rest of THIS!  

Gomenroia

broken_91

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:46 pm
Okay Okay. I'm actually going to participate in NaNoWriMo. Exciting, yes. Crazy, yes. Stupid, heeeeell no. Its an interesting idea, I just don't think you can get all 50k out of it without it loosing interest by the end or you getting sick of them.

The hell am I gonna do for my OWN story? -runs off to brainstorm-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:50 pm
-pointpointpoint- OMG GLEE

User Image

broken_91

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:13 pm
I'm Doing this also.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:52 pm
Very nice, superhero's are always cool.  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

Oukow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:57 pm
I enjoyed this very much.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:38 pm
why haven't I said anything yet?

WEEEEE! A BH work. Funny, yet badass. Watch your tense; sometimes it was present, other times it wasn't.

Niiiiice work, dude. (6^-^)6  

KirbyVictorious

Ichigo_Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 pm
Nice biggrin I liked it xd  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items