Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
A sequel finished before the prequel? Ah well... NaNoWriMo

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gomenroia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:48 pm
The crystal glass shattered the silence of the great hall as it crashed into the pillar at the end of the dais. As the sound reverbrated through and against the people in the hall they shook, and felt the ground shake as with one last word the woman on the dais regained control of herself.

"Please. Tell me how it is that she appears everywhere in this damned city and yet you cannot find her. I have told you time and again since she first appeared that I WILL have her brought to me to answer for her lies!"

"Calm yourself Alarah. All good things to those that wait."

The woman on the dais glared at the vase as it lifted itself from the ground and, putting itself back together, was replaced on the pedastle she had thrown it from. Transferring her glare to the other woman on the dais, and with a voice dripping of scorn and venom said:

"I am the last remaining Desert Lord. I am the Queen of the Desert. And I wait for nothing."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:35 pm
niiiiiiiiiiice. I wanna read it now.

Hey, I write sequels before prequels. *shrug* it's easy.

Watch your dynamics--the way you word things anf the way you use commas, or don't, affects how they seem to speak, and therefore, who they are. Read it aloud to yourself and see if it fits your characters, and add a comma here and there...it seems a little awkward and rough.  

KirbyVictorious

Gomenroia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:40 pm
Alarah is a b***h... and she was furious in that scene... so she's supposed to sound like she's spitting out her words. And the other... this isn't her native language I don't think... I haven't decided that part yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:46 pm
well, it you were going for b***ch, might I suggest something like...

Please, tell me how it is that she appears everywhere in this damned city, and yet you cannot find her! I have told you time and again since she first appeared that I WILL have her brought to me to answer for her lies!

Well, that isn't so nice, but I didn't want to misquote you.  

KirbyVictorious

Gomenroia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:47 pm
I hear what you are saying... she's also young... FAR too young and with no training for her lot in life... and the way you had it suggests a refinement she never does achieve.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:49 pm
ahhh. I get it.

cool  

KirbyVictorious

Gomenroia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:01 pm
And great googly woogly my idea for NaNoWriMo has just changed!!!!!

*digs frantically through her notes for the notes on the subject she has just decided to write about!!*  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:23 pm

KirbyVictorious

broken_91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:39 pm
Kirbs, do you have AIM or something? xD I really want to talk to you IM wise, 'cause you're craaazy.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:28 pm
take a wiiiiiiiild guess.

Yes, it's Kirbyvictorious. But don't go telling everyone, savvy?  

KirbyVictorious

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff