Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
A little love paper if anyone wants to read.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ky-Kaisuke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:05 pm
A.K.A My english paper.

A Dream… Or Reality

A dream… A dream is a very interesting thing. Some people see it as the one thing that they will try to accomplish their whole lives. Other people see it as the one thing that they’ll never be able to reach. A single dream can change a person’s life, for the best or worst. I believe that everyone has a dream; one dream that they would go to the edge of the world to make come true. The only problem with dreams is that to see them come true a person must be truly dedicated, and be willing to do whatever it takes; whether they are just everyday struggles or goals that need to be accomplished. Unfortunately, most people are unable to accomplish their goals, and end up settling for less than what they were hoping for. I won’t be like that. I know that I will do everything that I need to in order to make my dream become a reality.
For a while, I was unsure of what my dream is… For a while, I thought that I had found a person who I could truly be happy with, and I thought that my dream was to be with her. Then things started to feel wrong, and I knew that I was living a lie and that this would not be my dream. If anything, it was the opposite of my dream. Then, just recently as I was walking through my neighborhood my dream hit me like a ton of bricks. I saw a family moving into a new house. It was a usual family for my neighborhood. A man and a woman, husband and wife, and a small boy, just old enough to walk from what I saw. The man was setting up a swing set for the boy and I just stopped and started thinking about my life. I had finally realized my dream . I wanted to be able to find someone who is right for me: someone that I could spend the rest of my life with, and start a family with.
I started walking again, after the man noticed me watching him, and gave me an awkward stare. I made my way to the park in my neighborhood and sat down on “my bench” to think about my dream. It was freezing outside. Normally this would bother me, but I was so lost in my thoughts that I hardly noticed it. I began to think of the swing set again, and that brought me back to one night last summer.
I was in my place of birth, Newfoundland, visiting for three weeks in the summer. At first I thought it would be just like every year before. Go up there, hang out with the guys, just have a big laugh over everything. This year was different. There was a girl who I had never really talked to before who started hanging around me. We started talking, and before we knew it, we were the best of friends. Her name is Megan, she is nice, pretty, and almost every guy wanted to be with her. I never saw what came next.
There was a pageant one night, just something to do, during the summer, in the small town. Megan was in the pageant, and I told her that I would go and watch it. After the pageant, there was a dance. A slow song came on, and a couple of the guys told me to go and ask Megan if she wanted to dance with me. Not thinking much of it, I got up and asked her to dance. To my surprise, she said yes, and we walked onto the dance floor and danced. We didn’t really say much, just held each other, and danced to the music. When the song was over, I remember looking into her eyes, and seeing her make a small smile. The dance went on, and every goofed around and had a good time. The dance ended, and then I decided to walk Megan home. We were both kind of tired so we stopped at a daycare playground along the way, and rested on the swing set. We sat there, and talked for a bit before I walked her home.
Now I was thinking of the two swing sets. Maybe, there was a connection between the two. Maybe Megan would have something to do with my dreams. I took my thoughts further. Now, I was thinking about my last couple of days there. There was a wedding, and there was a dance that was going on until around 4 in the morning. Megan and I got tired around 3:00 A.M., so we decided it was time to go home. The music was so loud at the dance; we could hear it as I was walking her home. As we were leaving, she started to cry. I asked her what was wrong, and instead of giving me an answer she just asked for a dance. So we danced right there, in the middle of the street, the song “Your Beautiful” off in the distance. The song ended, and she was still crying. I held her hand to try to cheer her up and told her that things would be okay. We made it to her house, and we said the casual good night and she stood by her door just looking at me for a little longer before she went in.
Then this was it. The last night I was there. I remember it so clearly. It was the longest night of my life. I was saying good bye to all of my friends, a few were even crying. Then Megan came outside, and we hung out. We went down to a small beach like area that no one really goes to and sat down. We spent most of our night there, and just talked. She told me she was going to miss me. I could see that she was getting sad so I tried to cheer her up with my joking attitude. I still remember it so clearly. She was laughing, and I could see tears coming out of her eyes at the same time.
It was nearing the time for me to depart to the airport to go back to my house in the United States. I walked Megan home for the last time. The walk to her house was the longest walk of my life. We stopped at the steps to her front door and she hugged me, burying her face against my shoulder so that I wouldn’t see her crying. I hugged her back, taking off my favorite necklace and putting it on her neck. I promised her that I would come back any chance that I got to see her. She cried harder and whispered the words “I love you”. I hugged her closer, and repeated the words to her. We remained there until she had stopped most of her crying. She let go of me and walked up the steps of her house, looking down at me. We looked each other in the eyes and before she went inside, she asked if I would really come back. I promised her that I would and with that we said bye as she shut the door and I made my way back to the house, a tear rolling down from my eyes.
Looking back on it now, I realize that it was more than just a friendship from the start. I had feelings for her, and I had a feeling that she had feelings for me. I just never thought that it would be able to become something so great like this. I had gone against my own thoughts. I realized that Megan is my dream and, instead of thinking I could never reach it, I should be doing everything I can to reach it. I realize this now, and I am currently doing everything I can to make my dream a reality.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:33 pm
Awww, that was very pretty. I don't know what I would do without my boyfriend! 3nodding  

Zhiege

Zoonie_or

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:41 pm
I am happy for you. It seems that you really like this person. Good luck...Already I...still dont know well my dream… I will wait. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:51 pm
Don't worry, it will come to you eventually.
-nod nod-

Ky-Kaisuke

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:52 pm
Wow and to think the last essay I wrote, was about, the evolution, visual meaning and place in society for Judge Dredd  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games