Septums Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LittleGreenGirl

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:59 pm
I just got my septum done the day before yesterday, and I'm so happy I did!!! My piercer did a fantastic job, and it didn't hurt at all. I was so nervous about the sensitivity there and clenched my eyes shut in preparation..... and then it was over! No tears, no nerve issues, no soreness! Then at work I was blowing my nose and dealing with some stubborn boogies, and the retainer slipped out! I was so freaked out that I wouldn't be able to get it back in as it was so fresh and I couldn't see the hole, but fortunately I did. Man, did that smart. So far that was the biggest pain of the whole thing other than bumping it occasionally. I love it so far, though. It's so cute!! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:10 am
My septum was my very first piercing, actually.

A piercing apprentice pierced it, unfortunately.
(I didn't know this until after the matter...)

I was hyperventilating so I didn't feel the piercing at all,
but when I looked at the mirror next to me and
saw the blood literally all over my face I started sobbing.

It was just an awful experience.
But it didn't scare me from getting other piercings done.

So now, four years later, I still have it and love it.
But I don't think it'll ever completely heal.
If I leave it out for more than a few hours,
it will almost close and is very uncomfortable.

wowippyiscool

Taken Just in Time

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:59 pm
I have my septum done... and gauged to an 8g... it was pierced at 14 and i gauged it myself... im planning on going up soon.. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:33 pm
*~*Chase the morning....

Just got my septum today and I love it. It didn't hurt that much, I think it might be the one that hurt the least even my nostril hurt more then my septum. Also I don't think I bled at all with it....I never seem to bleed with any of my piercings thank goodness

...Yield for nothing!*~*

Tink_ of WonderOz

2,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Cayliin

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:36 am
I'm procrastinating on getting my septum done.
:3 But I love themmm~  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:19 pm
i got just got my tattoo/ piercer bf pierce mine my eyes watered butit didnt hurt as bad as i thought it would  

Lindy Mei

Lance Castle
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:24 am
Cayliin
Do it, do it now razz  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:31 am
Lance Castle
Cayliin
Do it, do it now razz

LuLz~
I so would too, if I wasn't heading to work soon ;D
I need someone to come with me though. I hate going along, mostly because I WILL pass out. D:

Cayliin

Berts little black cat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:34 pm
ugh i LOVE my septum! i've been wanting it for years and i got it on my 18th birthday. HTC here in az gives you 3 free piercings on your 18th bday... unfortunately i couldn't get any other facial piercings i wanted because my job doesn't allow them (i'm so glad my favorite piercing can be hidden haha), and i wasn't ready to take care of another cartilage piercing just yet (there are many i want on my ears).

i got it on march 11 and it is still a little sensitive, but i have been able to blow my nose and stuff for at least a month now, probably more but i've lost track of how many weeks old the piercing is. i was scared about getting it, but i didn't even feel the needle go through and i barely felt the retainer go through. it didn't hurt for at least 10 minutes after, i think because of the adrenaline rush. then it was pretty sore the rest of that day. for a week or two it was sore but mostly it just gave me the feeling that i had a cold, because i think the h2ocean spray was drying up my skin and made me feel like i had blown my nose too much and made it raw.
i got it changed from a retainer to a cbb almost exactly at the 8 weeks mark, and boy did that hurt because he had trouble getting it in lol. but it's fine. i even had a snotty cold a week or two ago. snot and blowing my nose doesn't seem to bother it. if it DOES get irritated, it's fine in a couple days. a bump was forming a couple weeks ago and i was really worried, but it went away just fine. i think i got the bump because after i got the cbb, i played with it and pushed it through the hole all the time. i just made myself stop doing that lol.

it still hurts a little if it gets bumped, but overall it's doing great and i'm so happy i got it. i think it was pierced a little crooked, which you could tell with the retainer but with the ring you can't tell at all. i don't think it really matters, since it's not interfering with healing or anything.
overall i think they are very sturdy piercings since they're in a mucous membrane, just like with c**t hood piercings. not to mention they go through a tiny amount of skin.

they were going to pierce it at a 16g but i requested 14g, and i kind of wish i would've said 12 or 10. i was scared it would hurt more the bigger the needle was, but i don't think that's true. i shouldn't have been such a p***y lol. i think i may end up stretching it in the future, but right now i'm not 100% sure.
does it take the same amount of time for a stretched septum to heal as it did for the initial piercing?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:18 am
I got mine dooooone!!
=DDD

Gore Shock

Facial & Oral Piercings

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items