Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor Moon from a religious standpoint Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_Mad_Hatter87

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:52 pm
personally i think people take things too seriously... sailor moon is spirtual in a good sense.. not a bad... (im into elements and them meaning something to our world)

I am also catholic... but again personally i see nothing wrong with sailor moon.. it's a kick a** show and will always be.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:19 am
I still don't see anything really spiritual about Sailormoon. People read too much into things when they're overly religious.  

Solar Kitty-chan

Akari Kibou

Dedicated Conversationalist

12,350 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:44 pm
Solar Kitty-chan
I still don't see anything really spiritual about Sailormoon. People read too much into things when they're overly religious.

Honestly, I think people just need to keep in mind that it's just a show/cartoons. I am a Christian who's 25 years old, and I still love Sailor Moon to death. However, parents who have young children need to talk to their children about it if it troubles/bothers them.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:32 am
oh another point,

If Naoko was a christian, why whould she have the principle of reincarnation (ya know, Princess Serenity to Usagi) in her original story.

one of the biggest differences between Christianity and religions like Hindu or Buddhism is that we believe the soul is sent straight to heaven or hell, rather than being recycled.  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:44 pm
I know Christians that believe in reincarnation.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:24 am
In general most do not. Yet it is believe that Jesus came back from the dead. *hence the pun- Zombie Jesus.*  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:13 am
Jesus wasn't reincarnated, he just came back from the dead (lol, zombie jesus)

and yes, even though some christians believe in reincarnation, the RELIGION does not (just like, if people believed murder was ok, doesn't mean the religion thought so)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:10 pm
Interesting topic. That's why I don't debate on religion. All in all, Sailor Moon is a great anime. If some people have the time to really read between the lines, then they have to much time on their hands. Then again, nothing wrong with doing research and expressing one's opinion.

I have read the manga and I do have the series. I just don't like to think about religion when watching a great anime.

wink  

whip goddess

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:04 pm
I know all about Christian doctrine and yes, Jesus rose from the dead. It was not reincarnation. I was making the point that Naoko could be a Christian and still believe in reincarnation. One's personal belief is not always dictated by their faith.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:02 pm
But also, Christanity is the minority religion in Japan. It might be most likely that Naoko herself would be more into Shinto and such than christian  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

B4D W0LF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:26 pm
I think the Article's writer may be looking alittle too into it. Naoko incorperated many myths and legends into Sailor Moon but I don't think there's any religion in it.
There may be religious suggestions but I wouldnt go as far as saying Usagi is Christian.
If Naoko is Chiristian (I dont know) she may have added some Christian elements to the story, but I wouldn't say Usagi is Christian.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:43 pm
And yes, as Luamervara said, Christianity is the religious minority in Japan. The only Senshi who is given any religious background anyway is Rei. She's a Shinto priestess who attends an all girls' Catholic school and even that last fact is often neglected.  

Solar Kitty-chan

Usernamesatire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:09 pm
No, in the dubbed version where her name is still Usagi instead of Serena, she prays several times to god,but I could be wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:52 pm
Syndrama
Quote:
"God" is never mentioned in North American versions of Sailor Moon. Serena/Usagi is Christian. She wears crosses, which are edited out, she uses her faith in God in extreme situations and ask him for his help, protection, and guidance. She is deeply worried about Rei/Raye the Shinto Priestess and often arguements start amongst them because of their religions. As for the other characters, the series, and so on. Naoko brings up as many Myths, Legends, and religions as she can, trying to teach children without boring them.

I'm sorry. NO. Usagi is not Christian. She prays to the MOON. She argues with the Shinto prreistess (who goes to a CATHOLIC SCHOOL) because she is a lazy a** and her friend demands she do something with her life. That person never saw Sailor Moon, they saw clips and interpreted in their own manner.

Usagi wasn't even 'Jesus', Hotaru, the creepy goth girl, was the Messiah. Usagi. the pure girl, couldn't handle the Grail, and Hotaru, the tainted one, was meant to use it. The fact she's a creepy goth is probably why America tried to edit it all away and remove the religion from S. Nevermind the complications of sweet Hotaru being a killer.

"How dare they imply a Gothic girl could be holy!!!! Look what she does to things when no one looks!"

I'm a goth girl and I am a Christian... O.o  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff