Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The Christian Coalition

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fenky

Wheezing Humorist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:50 pm
That's what I call this group of kids at my school. There isn't really a group. I'm not even sure they know each other but they seem like a group to me. These guys are just anti-semitic, ignorant christians. They hate athiests just because they have no idea what athiests are and can't understand that not everyone on the Earth believes in their God. They are ignorant and think ideas of creation and religion that aren't theirs are wrong and cannot be right. They beat up other people for thinking the Bible is just a guide to life and not a strict set of rules. I hate them. Not because of their beliefs or anything. I just hate them because of how they act. They even join in prayer sometimes just to ask god to set me on fire or kill me. Do you guys have to deal with those kinds of people? If you do please tell me how to handle them. I've tried insulting them. I've tried ignoring them. I've tried using speeches about how it is scientificly impossible for their god to exist. Nothing's working on them. These kids are the ones who never get a test score higher the a 68% and can't understand what I say because my I.Q. is just under the line of genius level. Who else knows these people?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:15 pm
I know people like this. Most of my school is like this. The only thing that can be done is to prove them wrong by being a good person. If they ignore that, then they aren't Christans.

Believe me. They aren't Christans.  

Tenth Speed Writer

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:29 pm
Well, if they're asking God to light you on fire, just tell them that if he DID light you on fire, it would actually just prove them wrong. If God set you on fire, he obviously isn't very benevolent, is he?

But you said they weren't very intelligent. So just ignore them. Why should you give a s**t if they're stupid enough to ask an invisible man to kill you?

If they're beating you up, just get a friend of yours to hide in the bushes the next time it happens and tape it. Then go to the police with the tape and, voila, problem solved.

I don't have that problem in my school. About half the school's atheist or agnostic, and the rest aren't exactly devote. If you did things like these kids are doing, chances are you would get the s**t beaten out of you. You'd be outnumbered by a lot.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:06 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
I know people like this. Most of my school is like this. The only thing that can be done is to prove them wrong by being a good person. If they ignore that, then they aren't Christans.

Tenth's right. If they go around a beat other kids because they feel the Bible is above other religions then they're not Christans. My best friend's as Christan as it gets and he doesn't walk around punching kids because of his belifs. Christans are taught to respect other religions. Even if it's a lack of religion.

In short those guys are assholes. Give them a few years and they'll probably end up on death row for murder or something.

cup_noodles

Fenky

Wheezing Humorist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:17 pm
cup_noodles
Tenth Speed Writer

Tenth's right. If they go around a beat other kids because they feel the Bible is above other religions then they're not Christans. My best friend's as Christan as it gets and he doesn't walk around punching kids because of his belifs. Christans are taught to respect other religions. Even if it's a lack of religion.

In short those guys are assholes. Give them a few years and they'll probably end up on death row for murder or something.

nah. not death row. I bet by 2011 they'll end up forming some kind of nazi rights group or something. actually they aren't intelligent enough to make anything other than a bowel movement so I'm guessing they'll all be crackwhores and "fresh meat" in the state prison. BTW, I'm Fenky. I'm glad I can finally talk to intelligent people about my religion.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:23 pm
Fenky
cup_noodles
Tenth Speed Writer

nah. not death row. I bet by 2011 they'll end up forming some kind of nazi rights group or something. actually they aren't intelligent enough to make anything other than a bowel movement so I'm guessing they'll all be crackwhores and "fresh meat" in the state prison. BTW, I'm Fenky. I'm glad I can finally talk to intelligent people about my religion.

Or lack there-of, I assume? 3nodding  

Tenth Speed Writer

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:42 pm
I don't have to deal with that much of an extreme.

My advice is simple. Tolerate and ignore them. That is the best you can do. People like that don't deserve to have people in thier ring of fire, because(judging by thier actions and behavior) they arn't real Christians to begin with.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:35 am
That's bad. Looks like you're yonna have to set up an atheist group and go to war xD

No really, don't...

Meh, I never used to have to deal with this sort of stuff. My (high) school last year was, like... 75% agnostic/atheist. There were about 5 practicing christians and 5 more who said they were but didn't really go to church much in my year group, that's out of... 155? O_o. There were muslims and sikhs and stuff too, though. And please remember people, this was a selective school (take exam to get in), shows a direct link between number of religious people and intelligence, no?

But this year, I had a bit of a shock, as a LOT of people in my college are religious. Well, i'd say it's about 20% muslim, 45% christian, 5% other, and only like 30% agnostic/atheist. As a rough estimate based on what I myself have observed. There's, like, a christian union and everything eek . I've made a few friends who are christians but most of them don't go to the christian "union" (much like the coalition). And s**t, even that isn't that bad... they don't even try and convert people, really, just put adverts up around! xD

Muaethia

Noble Hops

Big Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:33 pm
Basically the only hate I've recieved from when I tell people I'm an atheist is that they tell me I'm stupid. My mom said I failed her. sad

Bitchhhhh.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:37 am
It may be hard, but I suggest ignoring them. I used to be in a guild full of them and was ultimately kicked out and ostracized by them. They're hypocrites, pure and simple, and do not follow what they, themselves, preach.  

Existential Raincloud

Xiporah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:26 am
They sound less like Christians and more like Christian Fundementalists, or as I call it, "Christian Wack-jobs."

I would suggest staying as far away from them as possible and limiting interaction. Don't hide, just...don't interact with them if at all possible.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:34 am
Ugh, glad everyone at my school is cooler than those people. [out of control moment]Someone should shove a flaming bible down their throads! Hows that for the suffering of christ? [/out of control moment]
Sorry, got carried away.

Or maybe they'll all go to jail for beating people up.  

darkwolf possession

darkwolf possession

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:56 am
I don't consider vicious brats like them "Christian". A good friend I had was Christian and as I understood it from her she thought that Jesus above all else told his followers to be kind. She never even tried to convert. She'd invite me to church on occasion, yes, but because she was so polite I accepted.
Now her Church was a different story xp It was one of those Churches where people would fall down when striken with the "holy spirit". I did it, the pastor pushed me. It was actually really fun but then again I was going as a learning experiance and not a spiritual one.
Bottom line, are you in University or High School? If you're in High School you or they will graduate and be out of one anothers' lives so fast it'll make your head spin. If you're in University complain to a professor or dean. Self-expression is allowed but I don't think threats of violence are.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:52 pm
Believe you me, you're not alone. When I took the SAT's my score was in the top five percentile in the country. And yet, after I declared my general disbelief in God, I was called an idiotic moron by one of the teachers.  

russiangal367

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff