Alright. New year, new season for Numenore. Just gotta start razz  

Rudhe
Captain

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:28 am
Quote:
Dear Crew,

I have found a way to tie everything together, the planned events that have not started, the events not yet planned, Christmas, guild celebration and everything. The solution? Celebrating Yule in the Numenore Guild.

arrow Now the question I put to you is...how do you celebrate Yule in an elvish fashion...or Gaian elvish fashion for that matter. Therefore I put it to you, my elvish experts to give me some feedback...a lil direction pointer to help shape this together.

arrow One idea I'd also like to put to you is this:
Everyone invited brings a contribution in the form of art or literature, celebrating our Gaian LOTR community of 3-4 years (depending how long you've been here xD) within the time frame of yule (which I don't know how long it is....one two months(?)).
Suggestion: Perhaps an article from the newspaper who's release supposedly should have coincided with the introduction of Gaian's mmo zOMG.

For the sake of crew collaboration I implore you to reply in the guild
(http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=6501789&page=4)
Despite the convenience of replying to me straight. Unless you want to ask me something privately, then please feel free to pm a reply.

Hope this will work.
~Rudh

*notes to crew*
arrow Let me know when you're free...how much you want to help, as in..what you would like to do, time..etc.

I'm open to anything atm, my school year finishes on the 19th of November, after that I should have time to work on this project in my leisure.

Events for Yule:
arrow Secret Santa
arrow Avatar Competition
arrow ???

arrow Cultural contribution: suggestion=> LOTR related, community related, in the forms of art, poetry, short story, article etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:04 pm
I could, like, totally hold a ceremony. Y'know, thank Eru for the past year, pray that Eru blesses the following year.

Also, lots of competitions. Art, writing, poetry. Get people involved. 3nodding  

Galad Aglaron
Crew

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:22 am
As in...an opening ceremony?

I guess we do have to start somewhere xD

I don't want to have too many competitions...I'd rather have a few competitions and more people competing in each, then a few people competing in lotsa lotsa competitions. Plus it makes prizes easier >.>

So far for competitions:

> Avatar Contest
> Poetry which I'd love to have Cresenne either run or compete xD
> Writing Competition with a few categories?
> Secret Santa

I'm not really sure how to run these though, never done any before >.>  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:21 pm
Rather than having an elvish celebration, perhaps we should have a Númenórean-style celebration, as this is Númenórë.

Galad's idea is very good, as it is essentially Eruhantalë, which in Númenor occured at the end of autumn, which is the winter solstice. (Although it probably wasn't in Númenor, though this isn't certain. The Elvish calendar had autumn ending at the end of October.)

Númenor also ended its year in midwinter, as we do. The two days between the years, mettarë and yestarë, which were not part of either year, were holidays.

Based on this sort of canonical background, we could them hold such contests as aforementioned, culminating with the Secret Santa. As for when, I would suggest between the solstice and Christmas (21st to 24th, or so).

The writing and poetry competitions coudl be combined into one Writing Competition, with poetry and prose categories. We could also categorize otherwise, so I leave this decision up to you.

[Cresenne]
Crew

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:34 am
Awesome thanks Cresenne, hopefully I can get started on that, I've er been unexpectedly busy these past week, and will expect to be til next week. I hope to put something together by then.

Thank you for suggestions and info, sounds like a good idea!  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff