Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Unfinished

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Accidental Inspiration

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:47 pm
This came out of my brain a couple of months ago; my friend gave me a couple words to write something around, and this is the b*****d lovechild of that ordeal. I suppose it could be a prolouge for something, I dunno? Anyway, have at it.

"Everyone else. Why should I be devoid of affection while everyone I see around me have obtained it, in one form or another?"
"So do you want to be like everyone else?"

He thinks about this for a moment, takes a drag, and smiles as he lets it out. "No." He gives me his response with a nice puff of 2nd-hand smoke.

"I wish you wouldn't do that."

"I wish you wouldn't complain."

I throw him an evil look. "Do you want me to help you or not? It seems to me that you're doing the complaining here, not me."

He sighs. Which lets out another wave of foul-smelling air. I cough, just to annoy him. "I don't know. I feel so. Helpless, y'know?"

I fidget with my skirt; I never liked silences in the middle of a conversation.

"Damn, man, I swear I can feel a million perverted eyes all over my a**."

"With an a** like yours in a skirt like that, you're a god damn pervert magnet."

"And I've got empirical proof of that." I grin as I pat his back. He shrugs me off with a frown.

"Yeah, yeah. If I wanted you, I'd have you."

"Don't be sure of that, stud."

"Listen, are you going to hook me up for not?" His voice rises and his entire demeanor changes.

"Aw. Your life just goes down the Dwayne, and you come to me to solve your problems."

"That was ******** lame, and you know it. I just came to someone from the old business who I figured had enough connections to let me back in."

I laugh at the growing sense of urgency in his voice. "You? Dwayne Reynolds wants to get back in business? And I thought you had come clean."

He sighs and sits back in the chair. "I've been picking up random jobs, but I've just been going with the flow. Like a kite let loose from some dumb kid. The commercial business, selling my art and stuff, just ain't for me, Reya."

I put my drink down. "Alright, comrade, I'll see what I can do for ya." Meeting his scowl, I lean across the table. "I can't make any promises, and I can't tell you that you'll be welcomed and that your reputation will be, or will ever be for that matter, as high as it was. Taking you in again may hurt us in the long run. But... as far as I'm concerned. You're in."

His expression softens; I may be wrong, but perhaps there are even hints of a smile. "I just want a steady job. Or at least..."

"As steady as this job can get." I finish his sentence, and we both laugh. Standing up, we shake hands and grin at each other, thinking the same thing. I am the first to announce it.

"It'll be nice working with you again, man."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:28 pm
read.loved. commented.  

KirbyVictorious

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out