Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
You're Favourite Religious Quotes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harvested Sorrow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:23 pm
Some of my personal favorites:

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, no matter if I said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -- Buddha

"When you understand why you reject all other religions, you'll understand why I reject yours." (Unknown)

"An atheist is not someone who knows too little about religion, but too much." -- David Eller although I have a feeling that's probably an 'atheist proverb' of sorts.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:25 pm
Theophrastus
I never fail to be entertained by the slogans that middle-of-the-road churches like to put on their marquees.

Things like ...

"Come to C-H- -R-C-H. What's missing?"

"Seven days without Jesus makes one weak."

"If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms."

Is this s**t supposed to be clever? Who are you trying to lure? My ******** gramma? biggrin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Getting better...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ah. Finally. One I can enjoy.

There was a church sign by my house that said, "God saw what you did, and He forgives you."

I was way creeped out.

DivineBlindSoul

Asterisk07

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:33 pm
Ruminating Skeptic
wow, that comedian made me crack up XD do you have any more of that guy?

this doesn't have to do with religion specifically, but that's what i think of when i see it.

"i won't hate myself to be loved by you" Johnny falls, Hedley.

I have an awesome one from Eragon, but it's not on hand...

for a whole shitload of them, read "orphans in the sky" by Robert A. Heinlein.

"thou art god" stranger in a strange land, R.A.H.

"We alchemist's don't believe in god, and yet, we are the one's who are closest to god" Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist.

"why believe in a god? you have legs; stand up and walk forward" Edward Elric, FMA.

The last two may not be exact due to translations.

Those arent Edward Elric's Quotes scream ! It was: Rose"Your not a god, your nothing close to one", Edward:We alchemists are the closest things to gods, the suns just a ball of gas, get to close to the sun as your profet cornelow(whatever) says, and all you'll do is burn up. And the other one: "You have two strong legs Rose, you should get up and use them" - Edward Elric. That quote had NOTHING to do with religion, it was at the point were there city and fortune were destroyed and they had that was all they had, then Edward sayed that(which he ment to say to be strong and to move on), then Ed left and Envy became the new Cornellow.....I know my FullMetal Alchemist 3nodding ANIME FOR LIFE!!! scream  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:38 pm
OW WAIT! Thats the wrong quote, the real one was: right after Edward Elric says the ingrediants needed to make a human he says: And yet there has never been a sussesful attempt at bringing a human back to life, But its just a matter of time, Science is the answer and always has been, we alchemists are the closest things to gods there are. Rose" YOUR NOT A GOD! YOU'RE NOTHING CLOSE!" Edward" And neither is the sun, get close to it, as your prophet cornelou says, and all you'll do is burn. Then people come to try and kill Ed and Al mrgreen  

Asterisk07

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces