Hey glad to be part of this crew...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkhunter#1
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:56 pm
Hello Darkmustafar is banned becuz of outside reasons I will be takeing his place I'm pretty Tekken but i do know how to play and stuff but i'm not that good any tips?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:12 pm
Um Hi I guess, Are you new to the guild?  

Hanako Oku

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Darkhunter#1
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:14 pm
TOKYO POP PLAYA
Um Hi I guess, Are you new to the guild?
yeah  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:22 pm
welcome to the guild. Please enjoy your stay.  

Miyavi San

Darkhunter#1
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:52 pm
Miyavi San
welcome to the guild. Please enjoy your stay.
thank you  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:06 am
What are you looking for specifically in terms of "tips?" With what characters? What situations? Etc etc. Tips in general is way too broad for something as precise as Tekken can be smile  

Icege

[MOD] Aries

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:44 am
Yeah, if you want to know anything, just ask Icege!! He´s a Tekken genius!!! 3nodding heart  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:52 am
Icege, well... he's not really that good of a player, he sucks actually, not worth my time... he acts like he know alot but I beat him up everytime in like, two second. Right? ((C'mon Icege, play along xd ))

Serioulsy, Icege is great, my mentor... or teacher or something, he's helped me a lot. 3nodding Props to him.

I'd still kick his a**... NOT! or maybe I could, always possible. ninja

OH! AND DO NOT SAY NINJA UNLESS YOU REALLY MEAN IT! stare eyes on you.

welcome, enjoy your stay... and compliment on my art xD  

Tekkensennin
Crew

Kradvity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:11 am
Welcome. ^^ I'm relatively new, too.

Don't ask me anything. I'm a n00b.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:12 pm
Icege
What are you looking for specifically in terms of "tips?" With what characters? What situations? Etc etc. Tips in general is way too broad for something as precise as Tekken can be smile
well i'm pretty good with paul butt i just need tip on basic skills and specil attack and what not  

Darkhunter#1
Crew

Son Kurichi-Kai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:37 pm
Nyu-sama
Yeah, if you want to know anything, just ask Icege!! He´s a Tekken genius!!! 3nodding heart

Icege is my god. 3nodding

I have a secret shrine made to him in the back of my closet and I offer sacrifices to it every now and then. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:35 pm
Son Kurichi-Kai
Nyu-sama

Icege is my god. 3nodding

I have a secret shrine made to him in the back of my closet and I offer sacrifices to it every now and then. ninja

what bout me? o.O  

Miyavi San

Icege

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:54 am
Darkhunter#1
Icege
well i'm pretty good with paul butt i just need tip on basic skills and specil attack and what not

Still a bit on the vague side... www.tekkenzaibatsu.com, click on Games, whichever version of Tekken you're playing, and Paul's portrait to see his move list. www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php to help understand notation.

As far as basic skills, here's probably the most important things to keep in mind starting out:

1) Find out what's guaranteed for your character and your best option. Meaning if you happen to land CH b+2, your most damaging option is d+4:2:1+2 to follow it up. If you land d/f+2, what's your most damaging juggle and which juggle allows you to carry people to the wall? etc etc. Basically learn your real combos, not the strings.

2) Learn how to punish. This requires you blocking. Paul's a very good punisher due to him having an 8-frame jab and his 12-frame Iron Mountain (d+1+2). Learn what moves that other characters do to you gives you a free move back. Also, if they're whiffing moves, qcf+2 the daylights out of them.

3) Learn how to JF. Two of his best attacks (ff+2:1 and d+4:2:1+2) require just frame input timing. This means you have a specific space of time to input the button. Learn the timing and practice. d+4:2:1+2 goes to the rythm of "We Will Rock You" (boom boom clap) while ff+2:1, try to hit the 1 late after the elbow has already hit. That's the best way I can describe it. You're going to have to figure it out on your own.

4) Learn how to break throws

5) Learn specialty movement such as Korean backdashing and snake dashing. snake dashing is done by qcf~u~qcf~u~qcf. This allows you to move in rather quickly and gives you the option of coming out with a throw, d+4:2:1+2, qcf+2, etc. Korean backdashing is backdash cancelling (b,b,d/b) over and over to get away. The reason you do this is because when you just do a regular backdash, you can't block and can get hit. Also learn how to sidewalk cancel (if you're on a pad, roll your thumb from back or forward to up or down over and over).

6) Look up videos on youtube of good players. Good Paul players include Brian H, Anakin, Clint, Spero Gin, chetchetty, USMCOgre, JOP, Arario, and Na Rok Hof (sp? Korean player). Watch what they do, and ask yourself, "Why do they do this?" Never, never, never Monday morning quarterback videos. You might see something and go, "THAT WOULD NEVER HIT ME OMG," but also remember you're not the one playing. Chances are that would hit you and much, much more.

I like it when Kurichi sacrifices White Castle to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:59 am
Also, be aware of sidesteppers as Paul, from one of Ice's post, someone sidesteps you to the left and your wide open. Also learn to sidestep and movements too like wavedash and such.  

Miyavi San

Dead Twisted Romance
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:03 pm
Im so happy to be in the loop with all this... stare Gah!  
The Tekken Force

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games