Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Emo Music..? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:48 am
bassmule
Coach Z
Wow, everyone "throwing down" at the beginning of that All Out War video is ridiculous.
That's the shittiest breakdown ever, it's more like a warm up beginning part and people are windmilling over it.

Doesn't matter, it was used as an example to show him what Metalcore is. Of course I also could have used KSE to show him what Metalcore is.

Tell you what, lets actually get the opinion of some profesionals and musical history students shall we?

So we can settle this once and for all.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:39 am
Rellik San
bassmule
Coach Z
Wow, everyone "throwing down" at the beginning of that All Out War video is ridiculous.
That's the shittiest breakdown ever, it's more like a warm up beginning part and people are windmilling over it.

Doesn't matter, it was used as an example to show him what Metalcore is. Of course I also could have used KSE to show him what Metalcore is.

Tell you what, lets actually get the opinion of some profesionals and musical history students shall we?

LMFAO

Yes. BECAUSE MUSICAL HISTORY STUDENTS STUDY METALCORE.  

Morphine-Season

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:50 am
Rellik San
bassmule
Coach Z

We already have settled it. Metalcore is a genre and Hardcore has nothing to do with Metal, simple as that.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:15 pm
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
Coach Z

We already have settled it. Metalcore is a genre and Hardcore has nothing to do with Metal, simple as that.

Watch out, he may call his mom on us.  

Morphine-Season

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:02 pm
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
bassmule
Coach Z

LMFAO

Yes. BECAUSE MUSICAL HISTORY STUDENTS STUDY METALCORE.

They study the history and evolution of all music numbnut.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:21 pm
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=4246250
KSE official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=36607503
Hatebreed official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=153419
Atreyu official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=17376557
Every Time I Die official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=16992436
As I Lay Dying official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=13621991
Bleeding Through official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

(Are we noticing a theme yet kiddies?)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=27248629
Bury Your Dead official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=4215818
Twelve Tribes official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

Well unless these bands, these profesionals (most of whom do actively participate in their myspace's running) have no idea what they are actually playing, in which case, be my guest to correct the 100's of bands out there claiming to be Hardcore and tell them they are metal core, I think you've just lost this one.

Metalcore is just an over complication of an issue, which most bands, and most actual fans of metal choose to ignore. Infact the term was first coined by the music press in 2003, which if you pay any attention to detail... alot of these bands were around long before then. Its originated term, wether you like it or not, is so that little kids can try and convince us grown ups, that we're no longer cool, because we don't know what genre of music certain bands are. If you want further proof, why is there no mention of metal core in articles or web posts pre-dating 2003, instead all these bands being cited as hardcore.

So in simple, unequivaqual, undebateable terms...

PWNED BITCHES!

Rellik San
Captain

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:56 pm
Morphine-Season
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
Coach Z

Just because you have this high and mighty smugness, you think you know everything, well ********, I can gaurentee you, if ever meeting my family and friends, you would realise you know ******** all about music, ******** all about life and sweet f-a about anything at all.

PS

I apologise to the other members, for my language in this matter, but the facts remain, they have offered up little or no proof about their arguments, in the face of overwhelming logic and proof, and still beleived themselves to be correct, this in turn set off my anger, as I hate arrogant people (before you pm me, I know I'm the most arrogant person in the guild, I also hate italians, and I'm part italian.... so take from that what you will). So accidently, the floodgates and torrent of abuse had no stoppage power and my ability to rationalise started to diminish, though I regained it.

I just had to land this b***h in his place for mentioning my mother in such a sarcastic manner, insult me all you want, but leave my family out of this.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:44 pm
Rellik San
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=4246250
KSE official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=36607503
Hatebreed official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=153419
Atreyu official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=17376557
Every Time I Die official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=16992436
As I Lay Dying official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=13621991
Bleeding Through official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

(Are we noticing a theme yet kiddies?)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=27248629
Bury Your Dead official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=4215818
Twelve Tribes official myspace page, what do the genre's say?

Well unless these bands, these profesionals (most of whom do actively participate in their myspace's running) have no idea what they are actually playing, in which case, be my guest to correct the 100's of bands out there claiming to be Hardcore and tell them they are metal core, I think you've just lost this one.

Metalcore is just an over complication of an issue, which most bands, and most actual fans of metal choose to ignore. Infact the term was first coined by the music press in 2003, which if you pay any attention to detail... alot of these bands were around long before then. Its originated term, wether you like it or not, is so that little kids can try and convince us grown ups, that we're no longer cool, because we don't know what genre of music certain bands are. If you want further proof, why is there no mention of metal core in articles or web posts pre-dating 2003, instead all these bands being cited as hardcore.

So in simple, unequivaqual, undebateable terms...

PWNED BITCHES!

Now what have I been saying Metalcore is? A mix of Hardcore and Metal of course, which all those bands have listed under their genres. Also if you bothered to look you'd notice that Myspace doesn't even have Metalcore in their list of genres. Now hold on, before you go running around thinking you've won, Myspace is shoddy at best when it comes to band's being in proper genre's, which is why you see FFTL listed under "screamo." So claiming that as a victory is the same as going to wikipedia, seeing someone type in that I started WWII and argueing it as actual truth.

On regards to you're second post, I've offered you video's for you to compare Emotive Hardcore with Hardcore Punk and proof of what Metalcore sounds like. If you're too stupid to see a difference it's not my problem. Go to the Metal forum, do you see anyone there denying Metalcore as a genre? Of course not, so maybe spend a little more time around people who know what they're talking about instead of you're little group of friends who can't tell the difference between Ateryu and Pantera.  

xdownwithxtheshipx

Morphine-Season

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:47 pm
Rellik San
Morphine-Season
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
Coach Z

Just because you have this high and mighty smugness, you think you know everything, well ********, I can gaurentee you, if ever meeting my family and friends, you would realise you know ******** all about music, ******** all about life and sweet f-a about anything at all.

PS

I apologise to the other members, for my language in this matter, but the facts remain, they have offered up little or no proof about their arguments, in the face of overwhelming logic and proof, and still beleived themselves to be correct, this in turn set off my anger, as I hate arrogant people (before you pm me, I know I'm the most arrogant person in the guild, I also hate italians, and I'm part italian.... so take from that what you will). So accidently, the floodgates and torrent of abuse had no stoppage power and my ability to rationalise started to diminish, though I regained it.

I just had to land this b***h in his place for mentioning my mother in such a sarcastic manner, insult me all you want, but leave my family out of this.

You had the nerve to insult us, which lead to the harsh language. You started this s**t.

Also, ******** you and your ******** friends. And wtf are you talking about little kids and grown ups? You're ******** 19, I'm 2 years younger than you, you dumbass. And when exactly did my knowledge on life, let alone anything other than Emotive Hardcore and Metalcore come into this argument? Oh wait, it didn't, so where do you get off being able to critisize it?

We've shown you a lot of ******** evidence and you continue to dismiss is and b***h and moan about your mother and friends not hearing about it therefore the genre must not exist.

You wanted me to tell you when it started, I did. You wanted me to name 10 bands, I named 10 and then some. You wanted to know what it was, I told you.

And yet here you are still with your dipshit comparisons and "OMFGZ ME AND MY FWENDZ NEVAR HERD OF IT N WER TEH METALHEADZ SO WE WUD KNOW RITE" s**t. ******** you and your arrogant ******** attitude you piece of s**t.

And for your ******** information, it was called Crossover Thrash before the name Metalcore was coined. (You know, the "core" part coming from it's roots in HARDCORE PUNK, and the Metal from it's roots in HEAVY METAL, remember dumbass?)

Go ******** yourself and wallow in self pity while you cry over noone agreeing with you. (Other than your MOTHER and friends)

COME ON BUDDY, PUT ME IN MY PLACE.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:51 pm
If you're seriously doubting the reality of "Crossover" go listen to Cromags and notice how they went from Hardcore Punk to Thrash in the span of their career. Afterwords go listen to Integrity or Converge and get a damn clue as to what Metalcore sounds like.  

xdownwithxtheshipx

Morphine-Season

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:55 pm
I can't wait to see his next post about how little we know.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:09 pm
Sorry to cut in. I had to save this thread from drowning in its own ignorance. I have confirmed my sources, which do not include wikipedia, and I'll produce them if you ask me to. I doubt you should need to question my credibility, as I am a music major and knowing the roots and spawnings of many genres is definitely beneficial to my studies.

Hardcore - punk played faster and heavier with 2-beat rhythms and political/social lyrics (Black Flag, Minor Threat, the seemingly endless amount of youth crew bands that usually contain the word Youth in them, such as Youth of Today.)

Emo - hardcore plus more focus on instrumental melody minus politics, started with Husker Du's Zen Arcade album, harsher and less melodic in the vocals (Mohinder, Moss Icon, Angel Hair, Antioch Arrow, Rites of Spring)

Metal - If you don't know what metal is, you need to go to your nearest music store. And fast.

Metalcore - Believe it or not, a real genre. That means you, infidel. Split off from hardcore, but instead of a more chaotic element that emo took on, adopted elements of metal. Characterized by its breakdowns and vocal variety, which is usually all screamed or growled much more low-register compared to emo. This is the music kids dance to at shows. Your local scene probably has a couple mediocre metalcore bands. (On Broken Wings, Despised Icon, Eighteen Visions)  

with eyes like choirs

Conservative Consumer

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games