Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Helpful Phrase Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You like the phrase?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:52 pm
russiangal367
You mean pagans and polygamists? Usually they're not so shallow and are very intuative and don't force me use this quote.

Not necessarily. There are people who believe that all of the known gods are facets of one god (normal of neutral gender). Polygamy has nothing to do with this though...?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:00 pm
Good point. But I have a whole other set of arguments for them. smile  

russiangal367

Prince Rilian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:30 pm
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” [Stephen F Roberts]

Richard Dawkins used this quote when he was on the Colbert Report. Stephen was clearly not expecting it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:12 pm
Rilian
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” [Stephen F Roberts]

Richard Dawkins used this quote when he was on the Colbert Report. Stephen was clearly not expecting it.

I heart the Colbert Report!  

Aino Ailill

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:13 pm
Bertrand Russell
I was told that the Chinese said they would bury me by the Western Lake and build a shrine to my memory. I have some slight regret that this did not happen, as I might have become a god, which would have been very chic for an atheist.
The Autobiography of Bertrand Russell  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces