Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
My friends say Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:32 pm
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
No one can be Emo, no amount of screen names can change that fact.

Remember... we've had this discussion before, Emo has two meanings;

Emotive Hardcore (the music)

Emotional Person (people who stole the term because it sounds cool)

We've also had a discussion where Metalcore was proved by 3 different people to be a real genre. This is just another case of you being wrong again.

Bullshit, like I said, metalcore isn't real it was coined by kids and the music press to complicate things. Listen to your elders, you know, the ones that actually remember music BEFORE the turn of the mellinium. The ones that might actually, god forbid, know what they are talking about.

Where do you think genre's come from? Thats right, kids and music press or are your friends and family the only people who can name styles of music? Seeing as you're younger than me(therefore not my elder) and really haven't proven you know what you're talking about I don't have any reason to listen to you. I've talked to people who have actually been around during the time when these scenes were taking off, so there's really no reason to believe some whiney little t**t who probably just graduated this year when it comes to music "before the turn of the millenium."

Idiot, I was brought up on alternative music, I have followed the alternative and punk scenes since their inception in the late 60's early 70's. Music genre's come from the bands, by your reasoning, if the music press said Metal was now to be called wood, you'd follow them blindly like some moron that beleives everything he reads. Saying that, your american, so lets look at what music you've given the world thats actually worth listening too shall we? Elvis... Aerosmith.... I think thats it, just because you press claims to know its s**t when clearly it doesn't, ever heard of Terrorizer... its a black metal magazine in the UK, funnily enough it describes hardcore as a form of Heavy Metal not punk, Metal Hammer, another UK magazine that has never used the term metalcore... ever.

Yet because Kerrang coined the term once, every other music magazine jumped on top of it, I still haven't heard you reasoning for why the term metalcore, doesn't exsist until 2003. Given bands like KSE and HB were using the term hardcore. Like I said its a made up term to make idiots like you feel smug, by creating a stupid amount of false and unnessacery genre's in a vain attempt to make the rest of us look stupid, guess what fool, your the one that comes off as the bigger idiot. Ha I bet you even thought Nirvana were actually the epitome of grunge, istead of the genre's death (which is what they really were). USE YOUR FREAKING HEAD AND EARS AND ACCEPT THE LOGIC OF STATEMENTS!

Actually I'm Canadian you stupid ******** rolleyes We've given the world DOA, Neil Young, Rush, NoMeansNo, The Guess Who. So according to your reasoning if From First To Last call Simon and Garfunkle Emo it's true. Seeing as your European what have you given the world? George Micheal, Elton John, The Darkness, real winners there.

So you're accusing me of following the media when you go off and start bitching about how Hardcore is a style of Metal just because you read it in a magazine? I really don't understand the logic behind a style of music deeply rooted in Punk to be a sub-genre of Metal so maybe you could take the time to explain that to me. When did I say Metalcore didn't exist until 2003? There's been plenty of Hardcore bands who mentioned including Metal riffs and vocals into their sound. Metalcore isn't a sub-genre of Metal as much as it is Hardcore so I wouldn't expect the majority of it to be covered in Metal magazines. Are you going to deny Pop Punk as a genre just because you haven't heard the term pop up until Green Day became popular? Frankly Grunge had no real importance in music other than passing the fad flag away from Hair Metal and into the light of some new trend hopping idiots like you to jump onto and try to convice others how much you know about "Alternative" music.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:39 pm
....Wii  

VirgilXX_Treephiliac

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:43 am
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule

We've also had a discussion where Metalcore was proved by 3 different people to be a real genre. This is just another case of you being wrong again.

Bullshit, like I said, metalcore isn't real it was coined by kids and the music press to complicate things. Listen to your elders, you know, the ones that actually remember music BEFORE the turn of the mellinium. The ones that might actually, god forbid, know what they are talking about.

Where do you think genre's come from? Thats right, kids and music press or are your friends and family the only people who can name styles of music? Seeing as you're younger than me(therefore not my elder) and really haven't proven you know what you're talking about I don't have any reason to listen to you. I've talked to people who have actually been around during the time when these scenes were taking off, so there's really no reason to believe some whiney little t**t who probably just graduated this year when it comes to music "before the turn of the millenium."

Idiot, I was brought up on alternative music, I have followed the alternative and punk scenes since their inception in the late 60's early 70's. Music genre's come from the bands, by your reasoning, if the music press said Metal was now to be called wood, you'd follow them blindly like some moron that beleives everything he reads. Saying that, your american, so lets look at what music you've given the world thats actually worth listening too shall we? Elvis... Aerosmith.... I think thats it, just because you press claims to know its s**t when clearly it doesn't, ever heard of Terrorizer... its a black metal magazine in the UK, funnily enough it describes hardcore as a form of Heavy Metal not punk, Metal Hammer, another UK magazine that has never used the term metalcore... ever.

Yet because Kerrang coined the term once, every other music magazine jumped on top of it, I still haven't heard you reasoning for why the term metalcore, doesn't exsist until 2003. Given bands like KSE and HB were using the term hardcore. Like I said its a made up term to make idiots like you feel smug, by creating a stupid amount of false and unnessacery genre's in a vain attempt to make the rest of us look stupid, guess what fool, your the one that comes off as the bigger idiot. Ha I bet you even thought Nirvana were actually the epitome of grunge, istead of the genre's death (which is what they really were). USE YOUR FREAKING HEAD AND EARS AND ACCEPT THE LOGIC OF STATEMENTS!

Actually I'm Canadian you stupid ******** rolleyes We've given the world DOA, Neil Young, Rush, NoMeansNo, The Guess Who. So according to your reasoning if From First To Last call Simon and Garfunkle Emo it's true. Seeing as your European what have you given the world? George Micheal, Elton John, The Darkness, real winners there.

So you're accusing me of following the media when you go off and start bitching about how Hardcore is a style of Metal just because you read it in a magazine? I really don't understand the logic behind a style of music deeply rooted in Punk to be a sub-genre of Metal so maybe you could take the time to explain that to me. When did I say Metalcore didn't exist until 2003? There's been plenty of Hardcore bands who mentioned including Metal riffs and vocals into their sound. Metalcore isn't a sub-genre of Metal as much as it is Hardcore so I wouldn't expect the majority of it to be covered in Metal magazines. Are you going to deny Pop Punk as a genre just because you haven't heard the term pop up until Green Day became popular? Frankly Grunge had no real importance in music other than passing the fad flag away from Hair Metal and into the light of some new trend hopping idiots like you to jump onto and try to convice others how much you know about "Alternative" music.

What have we given the world?

Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, The Sex Pistols, Motorhead, David Bowie, Queen, Cradle of Filth, The Clash, The Jam, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Hawkwind, Led Zepplin, Status Quo, Def leppard.. the fact we invented modern rock and the music video. Britain alone has just beaten canada... want me to do the rest of europe aswell?

By the pop punk isn't a genre, pop being literally popular music, which as it happens, Greenday are, ask most serious punks if greenday is actually punk and they will laugh in your face. The genre calssifications we use in this day and age are a mockery, used because we can't be bothered to find out where something fits, yes, you may get cross genre combinations, but they do not make a new genre. All these 'pop punk' 'metalcore' 'hardxgrindcore' is all utter bollocks. There is no reason for them to exsist and no reason why anyone other then people, up their own arse about music should recognise them as being genres.

So lets end this simply, you exsist in your smug over complicated world where 50 genre's are used when one is needed, and I'll stay on the practical side of the music reality.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:23 pm
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule

Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, The Sex Pistols, Motorhead, David Bowie, Queen, Cradle of Filth, The Clash, The Jam, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Hawkwind, Led Zepplin, Status Quo, Def leppard.. the fact we invented modern rock and the music video. Britain alone has just beaten canada... want me to do the rest of europe aswell?

By the pop punk isn't a genre, pop being literally popular music, which as it happens, Greenday are, ask most serious punks if greenday is actually punk and they will laugh in your face. The genre calssifications we use in this day and age are a mockery, used because we can't be bothered to find out where something fits, yes, you may get cross genre combinations, but they do not make a new genre. All these 'pop punk' 'metalcore' 'hardxgrindcore' is all utter bollocks. There is no reason for them to exsist and no reason why anyone other then people, up their own arse about music should recognise them as being genres.

So lets end this simply, you exsist in your smug over complicated world where 50 genre's are used when one is needed, and I'll stay on the practical side of the music reality.

It was America that developed Blues in 1912 so you can thank them for even giving you the ground work to imagine up Rock. If you want to argue even further, Tony Bennit(another American) created what was considered the first music video in the 1950's. But this isn't a debate over what country has what bands or who made the first music video, which makes your comment complete moot.

I never said Greenday was Punk, learn to read and you won't miss so much. Genre's were created because music happened to evolve into forms that didn't meet any characteristics of the time, if I were to follow your logic there would be no Punk, Hardcore, Metal, etc it would all be Rock. Rap, Hip Hop, Techno and any other form of dance music could be called R&B. Maybe if you travelled outside your constricting bubble that is this guild and actually talked to people with an idea of music you'd come to realize how wrong you and you're friends are. Go explore the music forum, or are you so conceited that the hundreds of thousands of people who visit it every day are wrong to?  

xdownwithxtheshipx

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:59 pm
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule

It was America that developed Blues in 1912 so you can thank them for even giving you the ground work to imagine up Rock. If you want to argue even further, Tony Bennit(another American) created what was considered the first music video in the 1950's. But this isn't a debate over what country has what bands or who made the first music video, which makes your comment complete moot.

I never said Greenday was Punk, learn to read and you won't miss so much. Genre's were created because music happened to evolve into forms that didn't meet any characteristics of the time, if I were to follow your logic there would be no Punk, Hardcore, Metal, etc it would all be Rock. Rap, Hip Hop, Techno and any other form of dance music could be called R&B. Maybe if you travelled outside your constricting bubble that is this guild and actually talked to people with an idea of music you'd come to realize how wrong you and you're friends are. Go explore the music forum, or are you so conceited that the hundreds of thousands of people who visit it every day are wrong to?

How does dance fit in to Rythm and Blues?

Anyway, I live out of this bubble world, I'm not saying new genres shouldn't exsist, what I am saying is that we have way to many different ones that cover the same ground... just because a bass is played differently doesn't mean a different genre is needed.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:47 pm
You really don't listen close enough, you don't have any understanding of the simplest of genre's. You say you have a "big background" in the Punk and Alternative scene yet you don't know anything about Hardcore, I doubt you even understand what Alternative is. You're a complete contradiction. If you're so hell bent on getting rid of every genre except a few why do I see you throwing around labels like "Black Metal?"
According to your logic that genre shouldn't even exist, or are you going to go back on everything you so desperately tried to convice me of?

Genre's were made for a reason, to organize sounds that didn't fit into any other genre. A new genre doesn't come around very often, you'd know that if you weren't so busy reading your magazines and getting all huffy over the simplest term that threatens your limited understanding. And if you actually did understand genre's you'd be able to tell which are real and which are made up and have a better excuse than "Kerrang used it once and I haven't seen it anywhere else."  

xdownwithxtheshipx

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:09 am
bassmule
You really don't listen close enough, you don't have any understanding of the simplest of genre's. You say you have a "big background" in the Punk and Alternative scene yet you don't know anything about Hardcore, I doubt you even understand what Alternative is. You're a complete contradiction. If you're so hell bent on getting rid of every genre except a few why do I see you throwing around labels like "Black Metal?"
According to your logic that genre shouldn't even exist, or are you going to go back on everything you so desperately tried to convice me of?

Genre's were made for a reason, to organize sounds that didn't fit into any other genre. A new genre doesn't come around very often, you'd know that if you weren't so busy reading your magazines and getting all huffy over the simplest term that threatens your limited understanding. And if you actually did understand genre's you'd be able to tell which are real and which are made up and have a better excuse than "Kerrang used it once and I haven't seen it anywhere else."

Since 2000, we've had the following genres added to metal alone - Grindcore, hatecore, fairy metal, Doom metal, Glam metal, classical metal, nu metal, metalcore, symphonic metal, christian metal, epic metal, extreme metal, groove metal, nwobhm, post metal, rapcore, troll metal, viking metal.

Your telling me, we need every one of those genres? that the majority of them aren't rendered moot? I'm not saying we shouldn't have sub genres. What I'm saying is, we don't need the ridiculous volume of them we have because of people claiming to have created something new by playing a specific instrument slightly faster or by using samples. Its pointless and needless, honestly, you may have heard of all them, I've heard of all them, but until now, how many other people have heard of all those different genres?

By the way, the alternative music scene reffers to anything outside of the mainstream, just as indie stands for 'independant music' (which why I laugh at these big 'indie' rock bands signed to sony, EMI etc... not veryy independant). I brought up on everything, from classical, to jazz, to black metal and even pop, I have one of the most diverse music tastes you will find, yet I still feel most of the genre classifications we use are pointless, hell I bet you can't even define most of those genres without looking at a wiki.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:12 am
Hi... 4laugh  

XxDieingxXxInsidexX

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:20 am
Xx_1#_cutie_xX
Hi... 4laugh

So how many of those metal genres have you heard of? smile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:01 pm
Rellik San
bassmule

Since 2000, we've had the following genres added to metal alone - Grindcore, hatecore, fairy metal, Doom metal, Glam metal, classical metal, nu metal, metalcore, symphonic metal, christian metal, epic metal, extreme metal, groove metal, nwobhm, post metal, rapcore, troll metal, viking metal.

Your telling me, we need every one of those genres? that the majority of them aren't rendered moot? I'm not saying we shouldn't have sub genres. What I'm saying is, we don't need the ridiculous volume of them we have because of people claiming to have created something new by playing a specific instrument slightly faster or by using samples. Its pointless and needless, honestly, you may have heard of all them, I've heard of all them, but until now, how many other people have heard of all those different genres?

By the way, the alternative music scene reffers to anything outside of the mainstream, just as indie stands for 'independant music' (which why I laugh at these big 'indie' rock bands signed to sony, EMI etc... not veryy independant). I brought up on everything, from classical, to jazz, to black metal and even pop, I have one of the most diverse music tastes you will find, yet I still feel most of the genre classifications we use are pointless, hell I bet you can't even define most of those genres without looking at a wiki.

So if all those genre's, minus the ones I striked out, have only been around since 2000, why have Napalm Death been called Grindcore since 1982? Also it's a style of Punk, not Metal. You can ponder that for awhile. Nu-Metal also isn't a style of Metal and has been used since the mid-90's and anything with "core" as a suffix belongs to Hardcore, which I've gone over isn't a sub-genre of Metal either. Use some discretion and common sense when you're reading magazine, you're the one who accuses me of believing everything I read yet you go and list almost a dozen genre's that aren't even real so maybe take a little of your own advice.

You're sense of Alternative is a condition, not a genre. I doubt you've even heard of Husker Du or The Replacements. Good job on knowing what Indie means though, I'm sure you'll impress alot of the high school crowd. You can listen to white noise for all I care but that doesn't change the fact you deny genre's that have been around longer than you have, they aren't opinion they're set facts. So you can't "choose" what genre's to believe in and what aren't real.  

xdownwithxtheshipx

rikaLeshay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:38 pm
i don't think heratige has anything to do with being emo or what not.

dammit...i hate that document thing....  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:47 am
m0ky
Frank.Is.Emo.
I cant be emo cuz i'm ******** class="clear">

and you suck, any one can be emo its a fad at teh moment it wont last and all the posers will be gone
agreed it is some what of a fad just like acting ganster or retarded ganster any way but you get my point.  

Iru Mistwalker

LelandStanford

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:02 pm
you can be emo no matter what race you ******** them!  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games