Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Upshot - Want/Need some actual conversation? <---Go this way.
General Latest News Discussion! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hotaru230

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:06 am
i like foamy.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:27 pm
Yes foamy is wonderful ^_~  

Reiona

Black Brigade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:40 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:02 pm
me and my parents hate bush stare

*leaves*  

clone trooper

DarquePinkPaper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:05 pm
})i({
+. Hurricane Katrina .+
Anyone here been paying attention to that?
})i({

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:11 pm
})i({
+. I have. .+
Does anyone think it's ridiculous how long it's been taking to get help down there?
Does anyone think it's ridiculous that everyone knew this would eventually happen but no precautions were taken?
New Orleans is below sea level and people knew that if a big storm happened it would flood. Why weren't there any dikes or levees built a long time ago?
})i({

DarquePinkPaper
Vice Captain

Steel Raccoon
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:24 am

1. Yes, there are all sorts of flood control stuffies in place. But Katrina was a class 5. She ovewhelmed them.
  2. I takes the federal government about five days to mobilize relief for any hurricane.
  3. The only ridiculous thing is how the media has distorted the entire thing to make state and federal governments look bad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:35 am
It's a tragedy though. It's nice when people do try to help when disaster strikes. ^^  

Lise Illumincroix

[b l a c k r o s e]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:30 pm
If only I was taller and had a million dollars, then maybe your be with me, If only i was 18 and the courage of the 80's maybe then youd me with me. But for now, I have to dream about your smile cause your not here and all I wanna say is that I really miss you.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:33 am
the aftermath of hurricane katrina is horrible, and yes I think the gov't took too long to mobilize. But at least they're acting now, getting people the help they need. :3  

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

blue_moon_hanyou_13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:52 am
my friends' grandma lives down there and they just heard from here. her mobile home's roof was ripped off......sad......note to every1! If u r sending money...give it to the salvation army! according to the grandma, when hurricanes overtoook the area b4, the salvation army was the first to get there! send $$$$ to the salvation army! red cross takes too long!---this is just a word 4 the wise  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:31 am
^^ private individuals from my church took trucks loaded with supplies from Utah and got through before the Red Cross. Saying that, the Red Cross were working more closely with FEMA and were following their directions. The Sally Ann just went where they felt they needed to go.  

Tsunamimom

blue_moon_hanyou_13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:24 am
Harry Potter!!!!  
The Upshot - Want/Need some actual conversation? <---Go this way.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games