ORANGE....person.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PinkGhost

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:12 pm
So...I got Prismacolor pencils! Yay!
Too bad they're only basic colors. Oh well.

So, to celebrate, I sketched a little picture. :] She doesn't look very happy. Oh well. It's kinda in a strange style, with big googly eyes.
This is my first official picture post here. *gasp*
Umm...I suppose F[4] grading.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/chaotik_lie/orange2.png

I know the lips are messed up. >__< I didn't have an eraser, and I probably couldn't bring myself to erase anyways, for fear of smudging the pencil.

Soo...CRITIQUE? :]
I don't expect a lot of comments though. >__<  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:21 pm
Holy damn. The eyes just come out at you like two orbs of unholy beauty O.O! You must have spent a lot of time trying to get that kind of expression, and you did well to achieve it just by completing the eyes.

HOWEVER.

You are definitely right. The lips are way off where they should be, drawn way too big, and on a lower scale in detail than the eyes. Why not add some lip creases? That would have done well to bring out the girl's eyelashes.

What hit me like a ton of bricks was the complete "out-of-propotionness" of the face. You left too much space open on the left side of her face ( viewer's right), hence confusing the mind while looking at the eyes..which seem to be placed too far to the right ( viewer's left).

If you were attempting to make her look as if she were turning her head...perspective is key..NOT shifting her features to make up for mistakes. Careful with that neck! It's too narrow for her head.

The hair is simple which adds greatly to the complexity of her eyes..and the little tidbits of shading you did here and there bring out a lot more character than one would think ^^.
The eyebrows are beautiful as well. The shape of them and thinness of the edges also do well to develop the mood of character of this...character!

Cute sketch ^^.

And I just had to put...my first reaction was: " O.O! Zelda?!" xDDD  

Garkudion

PinkGhost

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:35 pm
Wow, quick response. :]

Thank you for your compliments. I spend a lot of time drawing eyes...perhaps more time then I should.. sweatdrop

I see what you mean about the lips and the face. I would fix them, according to your suggestions, but sadly, color pencils don't erase very well. Heh, I was making it seem like she was turning her face; it just got difficult to draw the shape of her face because I drew the eyes first. *bad pinkghost!* Heh...

I'll keep that in mind the next time I sketch. ^__^

Oh about her neck, the hair is supposed to be covering part of it...I suppose I didn't draw it correctly.

Thanks for your critique! <3  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:16 pm
She looks more like that one princess from Banner of the Stars.

Anyhow, your nose placement is a little off, the lips don't bother me as much as the nose because where the ends of the nose happen t be, the outer edges of the skin that covers the nostrils, that's where the tear duct of the eye actually should begin. Not just that, it just is utterly tiny!

It kinda looks like a cross between realism and eastern-cartooning by the way the eyes are drawn in proportion to everything else... was this what you were going for?

In compilation to the rest of the drawing, the shading is very basic. I don't think I need to say anything about it here.

What a fat lip! Did she get punched there or something? Okay, so nevermind. Narrow those out a bit, she needs more space for her chin.

She must shave her eyebrows a lot. =P

Love the basic-ness of the hair and the very jagged end where it meets the scrunchy for her ponytail.

Okay, I think I'm done about the basicness of it.  

AkiraBirtron

MiZyeL

4,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:01 pm
I really like the eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:15 pm
its super good, but the bottom lip screws it up. xp to big....but the rest of it is really good!!!!!!! heart  

#1_public_enemy

xtoo many unicornsx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:57 pm
Wow, I really like this. Especially the lips and "big googly" eyes. heart It's a very pretty style.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:42 pm
i love it! she would make a great elvin princess. 4laugh  

AesopsFabled

Tsuyumi Riko

3,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:37 pm
The first two comments really takes away what most of us have to say blaugh

Firstly, I'll rate this sketch and give it a 7/10.

The eyes are so pretty and whatever time you've spent on it was well worth it. The position of the nose and the mouth bothered me. With reference to the eyes, they looked as if the top half of the face is facing one way and the bottom half is facing a bit off to the (viewer's) left side.

The shading's simple, and very beautiful. It's a very nice picture. domokun heart heart  
The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games