Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tirno

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:36 pm
SYFFER
Tirno
SYFFER
Hmmm well Hobbits aren't exactly the smartest of the creatures of Middle-earth I can tell you that.

Probably because of their descent from Men.
Most likely yes. I don't understand though why they have pointy ears, a charcteristic usually possessed by Elves.

Maybe because of their attachment to nature. And where does it say that they have pointed ears?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:10 pm
Tirno
SYFFER
Tirno
SYFFER
Hmmm well Hobbits aren't exactly the smartest of the creatures of Middle-earth I can tell you that.

Probably because of their descent from Men.
Most likely yes. I don't understand though why they have pointy ears, a charcteristic usually possessed by Elves.

Maybe because of their attachment to nature. And where does it say that they have pointed ears?
Well I've been trying to research it through my books to see where. I think that I noticed they had pointy ears in the movies and have tried to prove that they don't but given up smile . I think that I've seen them being described with pointy ears eithe rin the Hobbit or in one of the later HoME books.  

SYFFER

Tirno

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:28 pm
SYFFER
Well I've been trying to research it through my books to see where. I think that I noticed they had pointy ears in the movies and have tried to prove that they don't but given up smile . I think that I've seen them being described with pointy ears eithe rin the Hobbit or in one of the later HoME books.

I found a quote from the Letters describing hobbits:

Tolkien
I picture a fairly human figure, not a kind of 'fairy' rabbit as some of my British reviewers seem to fancy: fattish in the stomach, shortish in the leg. A round, jovial face; ears only slightly pointed and 'elvish'; hair short and curling (brown). The feet from the ankles down, covered with brown hairy fur. Clothing: green velvet breeches; red or yellow waistcoat; brown or green jacket; gold (or brass) buttons; a dark green hood and cloak (belonging to a dwarf).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:04 am
Tolkien
I picture a fairly human figure, not a kind of 'fairy' rabbit as some of my British reviewers seem to fancy: fattish in the stomach, shortish in the leg. A round, jovial face; ears only slightly pointed and 'elvish'; hair short and curling (brown). The feet from the ankles down, covered with brown hairy fur. Clothing: green velvet breeches; red or yellow waistcoat; brown or green jacket; gold (or brass) buttons; a dark green hood and cloak (belonging to a dwarf).
Thank you that's where I must have seen it 3nodding  

SYFFER

Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas