Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xaldin.....easy?
  yes
  no
View Results

Shiro-kasai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:09 pm
I'm having troubles beating Xaldin. I can usually get him down to two health bars, but after that I die. Any tips?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:34 am
Well Xaldin is a pain, When he is down to 1-3 Life Bars he starts to get aggresive you have to constantly dodge his attacks (Quick Run High-Jump and Double Jump do marvelous!) if you die chances are it will give you a choice between "It's all over" or "I won't give up!" choosing I won't give up let's you play with king Mickey! His combo's are Devastating, and Long! Chances are you'll see him 1-4 times during the fight. BUT you can't Finish Xaldin off with Mickey,Sora has to do it. When you regain control os Sora Use Trinity Limit. Just Beware His "Dragon" attack (When he makes his Spears act like a dragon.) It HURTS and chances are that's what will be killing you. Just Play Defensive, Don't get greedy with scoring Hits and Cure whenever the need arises (Set your stock to 3 potions/Hi-Potions and 3 Ethers Save Elixers and Mega-Lixers for later.) Limit Attacks make you Invulnerable to attacks so if you're about to die use a Limit OR better yet use a Drive form, (Using a Drive restores your life!) any drive will work. He's not as hard as he seems. If you still have trouble, Don't be ashamed to go and Level up, it will help! With enough of Playing "Defensive" as Sora and Assault as Mickey He'll fall in no time

Hope it helps! cool (This works because I beat him at a weak level too!)  

Greenk4

Shiro-kasai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:51 pm
Greenk4
Well Xaldin is a pain, When he is down to 1-3 Life Bars he starts to get aggresive you have to constantly dodge his attacks (Quick Run High-Jump and Double Jump do marvelous!) if you die chances are it will give you a choice between "It's all over" or "I won't give up!" choosing I won't give up let's you play with king Mickey! His combo's are Devastating, and Long! Chances are you'll see him 1-4 times during the fight. BUT you can't Finish Xaldin off with Mickey,Sora has to do it. When you regain control os Sora Use Trinity Limit. Just Beware His "Dragon" attack (When he makes his Spears act like a dragon.) It HURTS and chances are that's what will be killing you. Just Play Defensive, Don't get greedy with scoring Hits and Cure whenever the need arises (Set your stock to 3 potions/Hi-Potions and 3 Ethers Save Elixers and Mega-Lixers for later.) Limit Attacks make you Invulnerable to attacks so if you're about to die use a Limit OR better yet use a Drive form, (Using a Drive restores your life!) any drive will work. He's not as hard as he seems. If you still have trouble, Don't be ashamed to go and Level up, it will help! With enough of Playing "Defensive" as Sora and Assault as Mickey He'll fall in no time

Hope it helps! cool (This works because I beat him at a weak level too!)

Thank you!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:56 pm
A little extra advice: using the "jump" reaction command is actually pretty useful. You get a good dodge, and even if the attack doesn't hit, once again, you have a good chance of dodging an attack. As for the dragon, your best bet is to start at one end of the bridge when he starts up the wind attack and run to the other (I think it goes across the bridge, anyway... If not, just run around randomly. I find that it sometimes helps to make your own little screamy sound effects xd ).  

ShadowDancer09

Greenk4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:20 pm
Yeah Jump is Hilarious to use on him (Well I find it funny you can do it up to 8 times it all depens how fast you press Triangle.) and When you use Jump you Jump really High then home in on him Like a missile! I always was amused with little things like this.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:05 pm
Thank you both! I tried what both of you said to do and I finally beat him!! Yay!! But yea thanks a bunch!!!

The little screamy effects really helped too wink  

Shiro-kasai

Greenk4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:42 pm
Yeah I did that too! but No problem helpin you out ma'am! If you need any more help you know you can ask me! (Those Screaming Effects Help a lot! They helped me against Sephiroth on Proud mode! xd )  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:50 pm
he was so hard 2 beat scream
but wat could work is to have the lvl 2 jump
although it may not work (much), it's a bit useful cause u can dodge his attacks when ur in direct battle with him 3nodding
but he is one of the hardest memebers 2 beat stressed  

Divine Zim

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:38 pm
All those tips are excellent ones. A few notes that you may have missed, though:

You can stock Jump up to 9 times. Why it's so good to use: 1, you instantly warp to him. 2, it does good damage, and 3, it breaks his wind shield and leaves him open to combos.

When his HP gets really low, he uses his Berserk a lot more, even consecutively. this move is a pain cause he's invincible when he uses it, and if you get backed into a corner and he hits you with it, it'll kill you about 99% of the time(unless you either get lucky, or have a lot of HP).

When Mickey pops up, using him is good to get Xaldin's HP down, but don't forget that Mickey's main point in being there is to heal you. Make sure to use that reaction command(you'll have to button mash for this one) when you have an opening. Like when he's getting ready to use the dragon windtunnel(or, "The winds of despair"). Even if Mickey is knocked out, he heals you, but it's only a little bit, and it's only sora. If you are able to complete and use the reaction command, your entire team is fully healed, which helps a lot more.

Have Beast on you're party. It's kinda self-explanitory, but the Reaction command with Beast really helps, and he's a powerhouse at a high enough level.

Aireal Dodge does help, and the castle is the perfect place to level it up, since the enemies drop a lot more big Drive Orbs than most places. It's good to dodge his attacks, and is nessesary to dodge others, like his warp attacks(That attack is also a good place to pick up the Jump Reaction Command).

And those are all my tips. Hope they help!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:21 am
The only time I had trouble with Xaldin was his Data version in FM+....

The two hardest members were Xaldin (With the Wind Shield of Death) and Demyx (WATER CLONE JITSU!)  

Yukilordoflemons

Doxu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:29 am
Greenk4
Yeah I did that too! but No problem helpin you out ma'am! If you need any more help you know you can ask me! (Those Screaming Effects Help a lot! They helped me against Sephiroth on Proud mode! xd )

Seriously? I thought Sephy was easy regardless. As long as i take a few elixers, he's no prob. Just make sure to get that Block reaction command, otherwise you're boned  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:02 am
hated that fight  

prince deathstyle

keyblader00

3,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:57 pm
was always one of the hardest fights in the game  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:59 pm
Out of all the Organization member boss fights, Xaldin is the hardest. He has that Berserk mode that can be a pain in the butt. Plus, he often chains berserks together.  

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Game Chat, Tips, Tricks and more!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items