Reply Extreme & Ritual Modification
Tightlacing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:16 pm
Tightlacing: the practice of wearing a tightly-laced corset to achieve extreme modifications to the figure and posture and experience the sensations of a very tight corset.

This seems to be one of the body modification practices not many people seem to acknowledge. I personally think it looks great on some people but not on others. I have alot of respect for those who have the desire to do this.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Photo from C&S CONSTRUCTIONS  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:18 pm
It's neat, but... I like my organs where they are? xd
I'd love to go to an event of it though, and just be a spectator.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:25 pm
`dagon
It's neat, but... I like my organs where they are? xd
I'd love to go to an event of it though, and just be a spectator.

Ha yeah. Though I have to admit, I LOOOOVE the feeling of a really tight corset. ^__^ However I don't think I could get that tight.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:19 pm
I'm moving this to the extreme mod section.

I think the less drastic corsetry looks good, but I'm not a big fan of the extremely small sizes. Also depends on the shape they are going for. I think I prefer the hour glass figure over the stem waist. I do admire the dedication required though.  

Warninglv100
Crew

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:05 am
Warninglv100
I'm moving this to the extreme mod section.

I think the less drastic corsetry looks good, but I'm not a big fan of the extremely small sizes. Also depends on the shape they are going for. I think I prefer the hour glass figure over the stem waist. I do admire the dedication required though.

I also think it depends on the person's style. I saw a woman with the hourglass waist that was a little bigger than the girl in that picture wearing a dress from the 1700s and it looked fantastic!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:06 pm
I've wanted to tightlace for so long.
o.o

It's too bad that good corcets cost so much though.

Its Cookie Time!

-[Madd]-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:48 pm
O_O Some of the women from the site look sick (as in unhealthy not unbeautiful). Then again it really depends on the shape you're going for and how small you make yourself. I prefer hourglass, but the straight fronted corset intrigues me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:11 am
A lot of corsetting has been attributed more recently to fetishwear, rather than body modification.

Plus, it's really damned hard to lace yourself up, especially tight. ;__;

astrosnik

Edible Lingerie!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:21 am
I don't personally like it, but it does take a lot of determination and tolerance to pull it off, so I at some point admire them.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:37 am
astrosnik
A lot of corsetting has been attributed more recently to fetishwear, rather than body modification.

Plus, it's really damned hard to lace yourself up, especially tight. ;__;

well, if you're wearing a regular fitting tight corset (like I have... it squishes and pushes a lot, but doesn't quite move my organs), you can generally do most of it yourself. If you're tightlacing, you always have to have someone else pull on you. And preferably have something soft to faint on. In the 1800s, fainting couches were actually a common piece of furniture in a well to-do lady's chambers. Not that fainting always occurs... it's just nice to be prepared.  

LittleGreenGirl

Sparkly Prophet

Lili Marlene

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:14 pm
Some corsetry loks amazing, but at the point in the photo, it's a little creepie looking, in my opinion. Plus, regular tight-lacing over a long period can permanently deform the organs and weaken the muscles of the abdomen and back.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:20 pm
I like the hourglass corset as well, but not so much the others. More power to them if they have the dedication to do it. I think this one is pretty Link  

ToxicPlay

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Lance Castle
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:16 pm
I love the feeling of tight clothes although one of those like in your picture seems a bit like too much of a good thing razz

Id love to see one done someday though, like in person I mean.  
Extreme & Ritual Modification

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games