Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Thick Lips / Straight Peg -> Round Hole

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Switters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:59 pm
Been having some jewelry issues recently with my snakebites. My lip is kind thick, and normal labret jewelry won't reach through.

Also, the bigger problem, my lip has been healing with a ring in it. Now, it's damn near impossible to get something straight through it. I've only got a stud to follow the curve of the hole once and that hurt so bad I couldn't wear it. I can get most rings in an out without problems, though my horseshoes (sorry if that's the wrong term) are of course externally threaded and a b***h to get into the hole.

I know I shouldn't be messing with it anyway, but I'm going on a month unemployed and I have to find a way to get clear ones in so I run less of a chance of disqualifying myself from getting some sort of employment. I died in my interview today, I had a clear ring in each side, not a full ring but one for stretching (points on the ends) cause that's the only clear 14g thing I could get in the hole. At one point when I was talking it slipped out and fell, bringing all too much attention to the fact I have stuff hanging out of my face.

The piercings are 35 days old as of today, I'm aware it's stupid to touch them, but I'm down to $23 and I'm getting hungry.

Any tips on finding longer jewelry, getting studs through curved holes, or finding a job with, as my mother puts it, a tackle box on my face?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:23 pm
Luckily for me, I found a job the lets me have a "face like a tackle box". I work tech support for an ISP. Look places that you won't be seeing the general public, first. But even then, I'd put retainers in for interviews. Shows some thinking ahead. But because you have piercings, you're going to have to be EXTRA polite and professional.

If you can't find any jobs like that, unfortunately, you're just going to have to suck it up and take them out if you can't find decent retainers. It sucks, I know, but your well-being comes before your looks.

Good luck!!!  

popcornsharingbox

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:59 pm
go for a line cook job.
Decent pay, they dont give a s**t what you look like because no one sees you, and its really really easy work.
Or call centers usually dont care and hire anyone.

You will have to go into a pierceing shop and get them to give you the size of labret post they pierce with, and ask if they can put them in. Hope that they are internally threaded.
If you just take the bead off they kinda double as a retainer. People barly notice my madusa when I take the bead off.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:30 am
hmm. i know what you mean - mine healed with a labret in, and although it's many months old, i can't put a lip ring in for a long amount of time without it hurting after a bit. guess our problems are the same, but switched around.

i suggest waiting. seriously, honestly, wait until you know that sucker is healed. it's completely not worth it to lose your piercing because you had to constantly swap jewelry.

i agree with artimus and eurydice - finding a job that won't descriminate due to piercings would be the best (i live in an extremely liberal city though, so i don't quite know how hard that is, normally)

also, retainers like this are curved but also clear, and if it's a bit too long you can always cut it down to size on the end that's held with an o-ring.

hope that helps a little smile  

Muddud

Brynn Darling

Gaian

200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:47 pm
Heeeyyy I already answered this in the "No Pain No Gain" guild forum! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:53 am
Switters
Been having some jewelry issues recently with my snakebites. My lip is kind thick, and normal labret jewelry won't reach through.

Also, the bigger problem, my lip has been healing with a ring in it. Now, it's damn near impossible to get something straight through it. I've only got a stud to follow the curve of the hole once and that hurt so bad I couldn't wear it. I can get most rings in an out without problems, though my horseshoes (sorry if that's the wrong term) are of course externally threaded and a b***h to get into the hole.

I know I shouldn't be messing with it anyway, but I'm going on a month unemployed and I have to find a way to get clear ones in so I run less of a chance of disqualifying myself from getting some sort of employment. I died in my interview today, I had a clear ring in each side, not a full ring but one for stretching (points on the ends) cause that's the only clear 14g thing I could get in the hole. At one point when I was talking it slipped out and fell, bringing all too much attention to the fact I have stuff hanging out of my face.

The piercings are 35 days old as of today, I'm aware it's stupid to touch them, but I'm down to $23 and I'm getting hungry.

Any tips on finding longer jewelry, getting studs through curved holes, or finding a job with, as my mother puts it, a tackle box on my face?

lip piercings, no matter where they are done on the lip should ALWAYS be done with a labret. i've been told this and im having to learn this...
secondly, you should be able to buy longer labrets at any good body jewellery store and if they havent got them in they should be able to order them.
im afraid as far as the curved hole goes, you will have to grin and bear shoving a straight bar through it, it may swell a little more but it will go down again after a while just keep them clean.

most labrets for a new lip piercing are 12-14mm long but you can get them upto 18mm long. as the swelling goes down you will be able to go down to an 8mm or 10mm depending on the thickness of your lip.

i hope this helps.  

Solada86

shoe_trophy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:06 pm
Solada86
Switters

lip piercings, no matter where they are done on the lip should ALWAYS be done with a labret. i've been told this and im having to learn this...
secondly, you should be able to buy longer labrets at any good body jewellery store and if they havent got them in they should be able to order them.
im afraid as far as the curved hole goes, you will have to grin and bear shoving a straight bar through it, it may swell a little more but it will go down again after a while just keep them clean.

most labrets for a new lip piercing are 12-14mm long but you can get them upto 18mm long. as the swelling goes down you will be able to go down to an 8mm or 10mm depending on the thickness of your lip.

i hope this helps.

I've gotta disagree. My lip was done with a CBR and I've never had a problem with it. I switched to wearing a labret after it healed and it's never been a problem. I got it done at the best shop in the city. They've done pretty much all of my piercings and all of the ones done by them have always healed fine and have never given me trouble.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:28 pm
My lip was done back in April. And with my job I am not allowed to wear facial peircings. However, i do have thick lips as well, but I don't seem to have a problem with a clear retainer and then switching back to a ring or straight peg (depending on what I want). O_o try switching it up often. It will stretch and work itself out.  

Sirenism

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff