Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
My lip ate my monroe.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:48 pm
So I got my monroe pierced about...a month ago or so. When I got it pierced, I figured that it was a bit tight, but I thought that it was just the swelling, which I'm sure some of it was.

Fast-forward to now.

I was beginning to think my lip was eating it yesterday, but I thought that again, it might just be irritated and swelling. Woke up this morning....no back to the stud. Just a lump. Went to my parents. They said there was pus beneath it as well..which explains the s**t coming out of the front constantly.

So...

Now my parents are out getting a razor blade, rubber gloves, and the strongest topical anesthetic they can find. Yeah. I'm petrified..but there's nothing else I can do. I'm NOT going back to the hospital again(I was just there the other night and I have a phobia of needles, believe it or not) and I don't want to jump through hoops to find a piercing shop in the area that will scalpel it out.

I'm terrified. Hopefully it isn't in TOO deep that it will be a problem and hopefully they make quick work. But considering my parents aren't exactly piercing experts(my mom is an RN though), I just hope they can get the jewelry out quick.

Wish me luck....  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:26 am
if you haden't of said your mom was an RN i would of shat myself on the spot. "hey mom, my face ate my piercing, can you cut it the hell outta me?"

XD  

[NUTs]

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:23 pm
Wow, that's so effing scary! Wow. So how did it turn out then?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:44 pm
Well, things went well. I was very scared, but I just looked at it like I was getting another mod. As if I was getting scalpeled or something. It sounds silly, but it makes me less nervous in my head.

But yeah.. My mom took an exacto knife and cut it out. Didn't hurt at all. Was very happy. Had to help her with the jewelry, though. She was having problems and starting freaking when she couldn't get the ball off.

Overall, it was quite the ordeal, but it's out now. Everything was very sanitary..or as sanitary as it can be while performed in my living room, but whatever.

RIP monroe piercing. I miss you so. sad

Gotta go get my anti-eyebrow re-pierced now. My face is starting to feel empty. o_O  

popcornsharingbox

Edible Lingerie!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:51 pm
Omg. D: G'luck, dahleeng. <3  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:31 am
Gawd, that made my skin crawl. I'm a horrible person to pierce, if I ever had to cut one out I think I'd faint.  

Bella Pietra

RavenPiper

Hilarious Humorist

7,275 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:25 am
thats amazing!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:54 pm
The jewelry felt tight when it was done?

Then your piercer was at fault. Initial oral / lip piercings should always be done with room for swelling. Then after healing, fit to a more comfortable, though not tight, fit.

I've had to cut out two infected snake bites from some half a** doing similar...
Granted, I didnt use a razorblade or strong topical... I used a needle and flushed out the tunnel with H2Ocean. Had them do so frequently and come in for follow ups. Minimized the scarring, re-pierced later. They took. Why? Proper jewelry. What did the other piercer have to say about his handi-work? "Not my problem". scream stressed

There really needs to be an established standard in this industry. One that is strongly enforced.

As for the fear of needles... I'm a piercist, who herself has fifteen piercings... But I'm TERRIFIED of shots. xd

So I guess thats normal... And if not, you're not alone...  

StrawberryGumiho

iPandification

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:55 pm
Creepy.

x _ x;

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:39 pm
I have exactly 16 piercings. only two have been by a professional. the others I've done on my own. And you guys are explaining the reasons why haha
xD  

Skyami-Wolf-Demon

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:10 pm
Ooooh. O.o

Lol I've cut out my own piercings before, a microdermal. I still have a little crater. Mind you, it popped out because of some... *ahem*... rough play... and I was a little inebriated. I just got a fresh razor out of a packet, dipped it in alcohol, put it to a lighter, and then cut the little s**t out.

DON'T DO THAT. EVER.

I *almost* had to cut out one of my n****e piercings. I got punched hard in a mosh pit and it ended up swelling so bad within a day that the ball on the end of the barbell went into my n****e enough to get stuck.

It's gone now, but luckily after pulling back the n****e(OUCH) and using some pliers(sanitized and squeaky clean), I could un-screw the ball that had gotten stuck with pus. DX

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games