Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:10 pm
To be written in...
until then feel free to brainstorm ( I hate that term) ideas under Numenore's weapons and warfare.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:08 pm
Well a lot of the different races all, obviously, have different weapons. It's really interesting really ^^ Elven bows, Gondorian bows, Rohan bows, orc bows, goblin bows xd Stuff like that ^^ And I know Gondor and Rohan consist of humans xd But well they're two different countries razz  

churrlo

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:44 am
According to my knowledge, each nation of Middle-earth and beyond has it's own specialty in terms of warfare.

Numenor, however, had little interest in the field until it's Darkening began, a few years before Tar-Minastir. They were widely feared for their steel bows of excellent quality, and it seems it's the weapon most publicized by Tolkien as being a weapon truly Numenorean...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:22 pm
churrlo
Well a lot of the different races all, obviously, have different weapons. It's really interesting really ^^ Elven bows, Gondorian bows, Rohan bows, orc bows, goblin bows xd Stuff like that ^^ And I know Gondor and Rohan consist of humans xd But well they're two different countries razz

....I said Numenorean didn't I??? Although I do you think we should have a section about the changes through the generation, since Gondor and Rohan have roots from Numenore.  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:25 pm
Darn it! >< Forgive me, I tend to skim when in a hurry sad Ummm I'll have to research that one biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:56 pm
Skim? I wrote two lines.......ah well I suppose I should been more clearer. I had a book somewhere that discussed the weapons and such of Middle Earth (and Numenore). Must look it up sometime.  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:50 pm
You can't blame me xd At the time I read it, it was my first day back posting on Gaia and I had SOOOO much to post xd Forgive me? sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:26 pm
Ah fair enough I concede. Should we do weapons generally, or just famous weapons (famously wielded weapons). Just to name a few there were spears (Gilgalad), swords (Elendil), axes (draves...Gimli), bows (Legolas), twin daggers, single dagger etc.

We could also mention others such as the rings of power (weapons?), big sling shots in Gondor (proper name??? Catapults?), can you think of anymore?  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:38 pm
I think so ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:56 pm
Churrlo I don't have to keep prompting you do I Gonk . Do you have any other weapons that you can think of?  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:02 pm
Hmmm... I think what you said previously is enough to discuss. I can't really think of much else weapon-wise to discuss.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:27 pm
Rudhheniel
Ah fair enough I concede. Should we do weapons generally, or just famous weapons (famously wielded weapons). Just to name a few there were spears (Gilgalad), swords (Elendil), axes (draves...Gimli), bows (Legolas), twin daggers, single dagger etc.

We could also mention others such as the rings of power (weapons?), big sling shots in Gondor (proper name??? Catapults?), can you think of anymore?
The "slingshots" are called trebuchets. Very powerful siege weaponry.  

Menegil
Vice Captain

Galad Aglaron
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:33 pm
Menegil
According to my knowledge, each nation of Middle-earth and beyond has it's own specialty in terms of warfare.

Numenor, however, had little interest in the field until it's Darkening began, a few years before Tar-Minastir. They were widely feared for their steel bows of excellent quality, and it seems it's the weapon most publicized by Tolkien as being a weapon truly Numenorean...

Steel bows, eh? Hmm... and in a pinch, you could use the stave to brain someone. rofl  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games