Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Are the publising companies out to get Naoko Takeuchi??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:43 pm
Luamervara
Solar Kitty-chan
Luamervara
*rolls eyes* rolleyes

She didn't -abandoned- it. She finished it. Leaving holes in it gives Fan-writers more room to work. To expand the Moonie world.

That and she was ultimately -Tired-. She has a kid. Her husband is a writer like herself. She's set for life a her kid is a bit set too.

I say a good job done to her and her husband. *they deserved to work on other things and have their break.*

I agree with every point. Sailormoon was finished, regardless of the holes. And for the record, MOST finished creations (books, television series, etc.) have holes like that. It happens. She's married with a kid. She did work on some manga after the fact but family should always come before a career anyway.

People never seems to get the writers of the stories they love and just demand demand demand.. It's stressful thing and it's kinda insensetive to not understand the author and what they went through.

and are any publishing companies going to publish any fan-made sailor moon works? They did it with the Star Wars franchise... why not Sailor Moon? If fan writers are to write, then someone is gonna have to publish an apporoved work to make it officialy part of the story. I wonder if anything more is being done for Sailor monn today? I just hope it isn't just a dead memory...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:01 pm
Rush_Hardroc
Luamervara
Solar Kitty-chan
Luamervara
*rolls eyes* rolleyes

She didn't -abandoned- it. She finished it. Leaving holes in it gives Fan-writers more room to work. To expand the Moonie world.

That and she was ultimately -Tired-. She has a kid. Her husband is a writer like herself. She's set for life a her kid is a bit set too.

I say a good job done to her and her husband. *they deserved to work on other things and have their break.*

I agree with every point. Sailormoon was finished, regardless of the holes. And for the record, MOST finished creations (books, television series, etc.) have holes like that. It happens. She's married with a kid. She did work on some manga after the fact but family should always come before a career anyway.

People never seems to get the writers of the stories they love and just demand demand demand.. It's stressful thing and it's kinda insensetive to not understand the author and what they went through.

and are any publishing companies going to publish any fan-made sailor moon works? They did it with the Star Wars franchise... why not Sailor Moon? If fan writers are to write, then someone is gonna have to publish an apporoved work to make it officialy part of the story. I wonder if anything more is being done for Sailor monn today? I just hope it isn't just a dead memory...

Uh, yah there's this thing and it's called doujinshi (underground comics made and produced by fans.) and the fact that Copyright laws are more strict here than they are in Japan hence we get all these writers that make fanwork.

Where else do you think Blue Lynx or Colors of the Moon doujinshi and other stuff from? There are Publishing companies overseas doing it.

And I think Lucas cashed in on that since it's -HIS- story and characters and he worked backwards rather than fowards. *this is well known.*

He started with Vader's kids first than worked backwards on vader as a child then how he became Darth Vader to -END- it by releasing each part every some odd years.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:14 pm
Rush_Hardroc

They can't publish it without Naoko and Toei's consent. And that will never happen. And no one will ever view it as official anyway. Official would only be if Naoko continued or added on to it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:31 am
I understand... and it would appear that I'm not wanted here, and my views on Sailor Moon-related matters seem to appear more, dare I say, heretical than just different... no one appreciates me here, and no one listens to reason. I'm well aware that fanworks are fun, as I do them, too, but I had to take a stand on a certain project that seemed, at first glance, to be an attempt to "officially" expand without Naoko-hime's knowledge and consent... It appears people are growing annoyed with my stubborness and "heretical" views... therefore, I will take my leave of you all... thank you for the few good dicussions we've had. I have found another place where my views are more acceptable. Sayonara!  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tsukino_Kitsune

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:01 pm
I just have one thing to say. they need to release TOKI MECA!! Im tired of looking at my Japanese one and thinking WTF kuz i cant read it.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff