Reply The Anime Art Academy
It's a prince and his bodyguard.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xtoo many unicornsx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:43 pm
My sketch is done! Um, I know the girl's arms are too long and the guns lack butts. Don't even go there. sweatdrop
User Image
Also on Deviantart if you prefer to comment there:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46063978/  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:14 pm
This is a very pretty sketch. The faces are proportional. They look like they're facing the right way. I have nothing against their head (face, hair and all).

The only thing I don't like is the girl's left arm. For some reason it looks too long to be proportional to her right arm. Either that or the scan's missing some details that'll make it look better.

Besides that, your sketch's really perfect. I'd give it a 8/10 just because you haven't inked or coloured it =)  

Tsuyumi Riko

3,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

xtoo many unicornsx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:41 am
rimu_kori
This is a very pretty sketch. The faces are proportional. They look like they're facing the right way. I have nothing against their head (face, hair and all).

The only thing I don't like is the girl's left arm. For some reason it looks too long to be proportional to her right arm. Either that or the scan's missing some details that'll make it look better.

Besides that, your sketch's really perfect. I'd give it a 8/10 just because you haven't inked or coloured it =)
Naw, that arms looks too long in the sketch, too. I'm glad you caught that before I inked (traditional media= gonk ). Thank you! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:17 pm
You'll need to get a better picture of it. It's quite sketchy and I'm not sure if the mistakes I see will be fixed or at least...covered. When the artwork is done and a better image is uploaded..I'll critique !  

Garkudion

xtoo many unicornsx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:49 pm
Garkudion
You'll need to get a better picture of it. It's quite sketchy and I'm not sure if the mistakes I see will be fixed or at least...covered. When the artwork is done and a better image is uploaded..I'll critique !
But that's the best my scanner could pick up. Seriously, I had to up the contrast and lower the brightness considerably to get even this amount of detail. The lines that look broken are closed. And, well, when I'm finished it will be too late. Since I work in traditional media, I can't mess with the lineart after I'm done, so I really need to know now if I'm going to fix anything. This is pretty much a finished sketch, once I make the girl's far arm shorter I'll ink it.

And, well, it's a sketch. So it's sketchy. sweatdrop Can't say much about that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:38 pm
i like it to me theres nothing wrong with it. it's very good, better than what i can do just ink and color and you've got an awsome picture!  

AesopsFabled

xtoo many unicornsx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:10 pm
smelyondra
i like it to me theres nothing wrong with it. it's very good, better than what i can do just ink and color and you've got an awsome picture!
Thanks. heart I just inked it, so now all I need to do is erase the pencil and color it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:14 pm
I love your style, the coloring, how it all just looks perfect, etc.

I didn't even notice the guns didn't have butts, till you pointed it out, and I agree with you on the girl's arms, but other wise, it's a 10/10!

I hope you will post a revised version of this picture, I look forward to seeing it!

biggrin

-Hydrogenated-Bee-

xtoo many unicornsx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:47 pm
Trisha-Bee
I love your style, the coloring, how it all just looks perfect, etc.

I didn't even notice the guns didn't have butts, till you pointed it out, and I agree with you on the girl's arms, but other wise, it's a 10/10!

I hope you will post a revised version of this picture, I look forward to seeing it!

biggrin
heart Thanks! I can't really revise it, though, since it's traditional media. sweatdrop I could white out parts of the lineart, but coloring over the white out would be a disaster. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:18 pm
it's pretty good domokun
about the lineart, the only thing that's kind of 'ehh..' i the girl's arms. i mean, they are the right length, but the left one seems to be folded rather painfully and the right one seems a bit too angular (the hands need to be a little bigger as well)  

tremle

xtoo many unicornsx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:29 am
tremle
it's pretty good domokun
about the lineart, the only thing that's kind of 'ehh..' i the girl's arms. i mean, they are the right length, but the left one seems to be folded rather painfully and the right one seems a bit too angular (the hands need to be a little bigger as well)
Thanks for the critique. heart Yep, I have trouble with limbs. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:58 am
waii~~~ you've coloured it domokun heart heart

I'll go comment at DA. XD  

Tsuyumi Riko

3,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff