Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
2007 New Years Resolution!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your new years resolution?
  Draw or do art more often
  Try new styles
  Others (post on discussion board)
View Results

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:05 pm
It's a new year, and a year to try new things and have a goal of your own! For this year, what's your new years resolution, that is, something to do with art, graphic and design, and whatsoever. Share your resolution and comment on others!

My new years resolution is to, first off, do more art! I've been putting that off lately, and I feel like I should get started on it more. My second things is to try and do more photography, since my husband bought me a digital camera! 3nodding Another things that I must try to do better on this year is drawing different poses. You know, instead of drawing people looking straight at you, draw them in different positions. biggrin Yeah, I really need to improve on that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:48 am
My new years resolution this year was to make none .. since i never get around to keeping them anyway =P  

GhoSt-X

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:27 pm
GhoSt-X
My new years resolution this year was to make none .. since i never get around to keeping them anyway =P

Aww that's sad! You have to have one. biggrin OKay, I have one for you, do more things to make you happy, than to make you sad. Okay!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:49 pm
I have so many resolutions sweatdrop But one of them is to try and do some freelance design work, so I can start building up contacts and get closer to just running my own business or freelancing full time ^_^  

Chisa
Vice Captain

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:40 pm
Freelance, whoosh, that's got to be a difficult start. I think after I start a career in a firm, then afterwards I would start freelancing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:54 pm
Hmm...well, to draw more, for one thing. Also, to learn more about Photoshop, and the various techniques to help make my art more expressive, and unique. I also want to get myself into better shape, and to start my college schooling. Also, when I get my digicam, I want to take as many inspiring pics, as I can capture.  

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

My Final Words To You

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:02 am
I want to get alot more serious about my Designs.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:01 pm
Koiyuki
Hmm...well, to draw more, for one thing. Also, to learn more about Photoshop, and the various techniques to help make my art more expressive, and unique. I also want to get myself into better shape, and to start my college schooling. Also, when I get my digicam, I want to take as many inspiring pics, as I can capture.

Oh yes, I need to learn more techniques too, AND get in better shape. *sigh* Thinking about it is making me....hmmm....  

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:02 pm
[.Zombie Autopilot.]
I want to get alot more serious about my Designs.

Yay! I would like to see some of your work. biggrin It may inspire me as well!~  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:48 pm
I'd really like to draw more this year. I got a sketchbook started last year where I would draw every couple days based on a photo I found somewhere... I want to start that up again. I also want to scan those and post them on my DeviantArt. I have access to a scanner now so I just might end up doing that. smile

I want to do my best to get things sorted out at work (I'm in "charge" and there's too much for one person to even think about, let alone do).

Also, I want to get my many website ideas off the ground. So yeah. Should be a good year. wink  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

` Mittens

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:21 am
My res is that I want to improve on more styles like modern, I usually just do grungy but I wanna get better at the new age stuff, like my sig :B  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:37 pm
Make some more actual art, instead of just sigs or banners. Like, I'd like to have a go at drawing my avvie.  

Snarkeh

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:06 pm
Oh wow, Chisa's got lots going on! Yeah! I want the sketchbook back! nd if it does come back, I'm gonna try and post on it as much as possible. biggrin

Weatherman- I likeyour sig by the way. But I'd like to see your work> :

Snarkeh- You should draw your avie and stick it in your siggy. biggrin I'd like to see.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games