Pink Fuzzy Thongs for men and women Babbeh >=D
  They're the devil, I must be free Dx
View Results

Bloodied Chains

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:18 pm
~NEWEST TO OLDEST~

Ryo
User Image

My first digital Painting with no lines.

Indigo
User Image

Fudgied on the fingers Dx

OtHeRs
Color Blind

6 Tailed monkey

Iron Fist Champ, Dantez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:53 am
You have very nice poses and the monkey-boy one is very full of life. 3nodding
I think you have good knowledge of anatomy too. (lol. Muscles are hard for me to draw.) The muscles look just about right to me, especially on the 2nd artwork.

I do have some critiques though. You used Photoshop to color, right? I think that you may have used the burn tool. I'm not sure which tutorials said this, but I think there were several which said to avoid using the burn tool.

I've seen an art book in which it says to avoid using pure black for shading. One of my previous art teachers also said to avoid doing that to. This idea may have come from the idea that shadows have tints of color to them. Or colors from one thing can bounce from one object to another because light reflects off of lots of stuff. Uhh...like if you take a white piece of paper and put something red on it, parts of the white paper bounce off the red light of the object.

It might be better to make a pallette on the side so you can pick shades of color which interact well with one another.

Umm, I'm not sure how to explain. Or I'm rambling? x_x I read too many color theory books and art books when I'm bored. But you can ignore my critiques and tips if you wish.

Haha, monkey-boy looks very attached to that pineapple. 4laugh  

GB_Lady

Bloodied Chains

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:53 pm
Why dank yous~

I use PSCS2, and no burn tool was used, im still a newb to photoshop xD
And I learned my less for the pure black in colors, it makes it look, bleh with out ore gradient and acurate toneing. And I've read color theory books also, so confusing. But ima still practicing! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:58 am
Intresting style i might say. But the older 2 dont really look that good i think you might want to fix the colors on them. The newest one is pretty good though.  

Hayami_kiri

Bloodied Chains

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:05 pm
Thanks, im getting better at making pencil line art =D

The pencil lines came out more crisp for this one, so it was easier to color. The older two are history, im aiming to move on babbeh >=D  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:37 pm
~Indigo~

Bloodied Chains

The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas