Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Septum lumpies. XP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:04 pm
I recently got my septum pierced and am having a little bit of troubles with it. I can clean it and move it and such, but I'm getting the lumpies inside my nose, on the piercing. I popped them last night before my shower and cleaned them well.

This happened with my nostril piercing before and it was a real pain. Anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want this to reject. It hurt a lot to pierce. XP  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:29 pm
Those bumps are from irritation. DON'T pop them, they'll just come back. So either your jewelry is irritating it, or you're moving/playing with it too much.

Best thing to do is to find out what'sirritating them, and stop doing it. xp Sea salt soaks could help as well.  

Warninglv100
Crew

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:45 pm
Well it's right in the center of my face, so....I'm sure it gets bumped often. Maybe I'm not keeping it clean enough?? I'm gonna try some soaks and do my best not to bump it...which is hard. Gah.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:03 pm
take equal parts warm water and sea salt and soak dat shii.
that happened with my septum too, the thing is, cleaning it too much is just as bad as too little. don't use soaps etc, just stick with the sea salt; and i recommend H20 ocean. look it up. razz

2 DOLLA MAKE YOU HOLLA.

astrosnik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:41 pm
o_O That's way too high a concentration of salt. It should be 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon of salt per 1 cup of water.

Could be a keloid, or hypertrophic scarring. It could be an allergy to the metal... Check the quality of your jewelry, and keep it clean. If it's scarring, scar-treatments, tea-tree oil and various oils rubbed in can help.

Alternatively, put in a less mobile piece of jewelry (like a retainer) and leave it alone until it's healed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:29 am
I hear tea-tree oil works wonders on those lumpies. If I get them, that's the first thing I'm running to.  

H o s h ! k o

Edible Lingerie!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:25 am
I don't know that much about piercings yet (taking I just started piercing exacly a month ago), besides the small research I have done since I got them, talking to different piercer and this guild, all I can tell you is that... it is normal for it to be irritated, swollen, to itch and the sort for the first few weeks, and also, don't clean it more than twice a day unless it is extremely needed to clean it a third time. Clean it twice and day and then go LITHA on it, meaning don't play with it or touch it with dirty hands. D: <3

Also, I have been told it is not good to put anti-biotic on it unless it is in fact infected, but I am not sure of that. Just in case, ask your piercer what is up?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:22 pm
Thank you all for the advice! I did mostly the LITHA method and it cleared up. It's still sore. It's taking its sweet time healing, but at least no annoying lumpies. :knock on wood: Just crusties and stuffs.  

popcornsharingbox

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff