Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
H2G2 Movie Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Livestock Deux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:47 pm
I'll kill myself If I don't see it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:55 pm
Tinnumir
Spike_Theta
...and then the internet will be awash with movie fanart of Ford and no one will remember what he looks like anymore! gonk

It'll be like Lord of the Rings all over again. Curse you fangirls and your blonde Legolas!!!

I hate to smash your detonator, but a stereotypical elf is always blonde.  

Fearless Trowa

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:44 pm
The Heretic 59548
Tinnumir
Spike_Theta
...and then the internet will be awash with movie fanart of Ford and no one will remember what he looks like anymore! gonk

It'll be like Lord of the Rings all over again. Curse you fangirls and your blonde Legolas!!!

I hate to smash your detonator, but a stereotypical elf is always blonde.

yes, but in Tolkien's books he never said Legolas was blonde. He hardly described him at all, in fact. (if you want I can find and post for you the only description Tolkien ever gave of him) If one were to look into the history of the Mirkwood elves (Mirkwood being where Legolas lived), chances are he would've had dark hair.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:12 pm
stare LOTR is all well and good, but HHGG is better.  

Angilwingz

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:37 pm
angilwingz
stare LOTR is all well and good, but HHGG is better.

Well, I don't know if I'd say that...that is, not to say that one is, in fact, better than the other....they're both immaculate works of literature created by amazing, dare I say, geniuses? But may I point out that Tolkien created a world of his own, complete with its own histories and unique languages. As a fanatic of both I must say they are on an equal plane of goodness in my mind. I hold neither above or below the other. I read both annually.

Although, *points to name* that's Elvish, my homepage is www.councilofelrond.com, and, provided it's not full, I'll be taking a class on LotR in the fall. I anticipate it to be the best 4 hours of the week. Not to mention the One Ring I don't let out of my sight, the mallorn leaf necklace around my neck, and Vilya on my finger.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:38 am
Elves *typically* have black hair. Lighter hair is mostly reserved for drow.
... Sorry, geek attack. I'm taking medication to control that sort of thing.  

Max Glycine

ECUnlimited

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:40 am
My first post in this guild in awhile.

I can't wait to see it. Me and my friend are first in line for the second showing (not the frist, it's too close afterschool and I hate misisng school).

I can't wait. I've watched like every interview (via IGN) and trialer and seen every still.

I can't wait to see how they did the sperm whale/bowl of petunias scene.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:59 pm
I have a question (that was probably answered a million years ago)

Which novels does the movie cover? Is it just the first one, or does it condense the whole series into one movie?  

Kitsune Ookami

ECUnlimited

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:00 pm
Kitsune Ookami

Which novels does the movie cover? Is it just the first one, or does it condense the whole series into one movie?
It's just the first one.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:07 am
[...EC_Maya...]
Kitsune Ookami

It's just the first one.

Thankies ^^  

Kitsune Ookami

badgerdog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:33 pm
A series of books as complex as the HHG would be very nearly impossible to put into one or even two movies, should they cover more then they'd have to make more movies, like LotR.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games