Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
100 Themes 1-30 - UPDATED

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:19 pm
Intro

This is the story of a boy. His name is unimportant, but what is important is that he is all alone. He wakes up one morning, and realizes that no one is there for him…

This is his story.

Love

The little boy wanders about his house
Wondering where everyone is
His voice is as weak as a timid mouse
And it is his family that he does miss

Have I been forsaken?
Is this all my fault?
My family that I love has been taken
'Tis only my feelings that have been assaulted.

Light

His sits alone in his empty house, barefoot on the cold cement floors. His back is to the couch and his gaze wanders aimlessly through the broken and decrepit residence. The dirt smudges on his cheeks are equal to the dirt that plagues his rundown home. A tear runs down his cheek, temporarily cleansing a thin line with salty emotion. It is his light in this moment of darkness.

Dark

From his gloom a note rings out, as if someone had begun playing a slow and tragic funeral dirge. A voice breaks the silence, and the little boy lifts his head, wondering who it could be. From the darkness of his mind he hears the words, “In these desperate times, this I plead, when all else fails, remember me.”

Seeking Solace

Even alone in
This empty world, our young boy
Seeks solace from life.

Break Away

In his desolation, the little boy decides to break away from his loneliness and find his purpose.

Heaven

In one moment of weakness, the little boy prays to a dead god. “Take me to heaven…”

Innocence

More innocent than an angel, the little boy’s wish was denied, and he was not taken to heaven. Alone in his parents abode, the boy quietly packs a small bag then goes to the door. With a turn of the wrist, the door opens and he takes his first step into the cold harsh winds.

Drive

The winter wind assaults his face, but the little boy pushes on through the tempest. He drives through the storm with zealotry.

Breathe Again

“And it’s finally time for me to… Breathe again…” A voice sings to the violin music which plagues the little boy’s mind.

Memory

The memories of his family devour the little boy as he sits and takes a rest in the winter winds. A soft rain begins to fall and the little boy looks straight up; the clouds were crying.

Insanity

The raindrops pound his forehead as he stares up at the grieving sky. With each drop, his sanity withers away. Maybe he will lose it, just give up now. The little boy shakes his head. He must persevere.

Misfortune

The little boy continues on his trek. As he walks through the dull blue gray abandoned city, he glances down the alley way and watches the swathing shadows. When he looks back to where he comes from, his house has disappeared – from his sight and from his life. Just another misfortune to add to the list.

Smile

The little boy continues on his path, ignoring the shadows that swarm in the pitch black darkness of the alleys that separate the decrepit and dead buildings that line the street and the rain that has soaked his entire body. He just walks on, step after step with a tragic smile on his face…

Silence

But even the most lionhearted of boys can not hold out forever. The little boy stops all of a sudden. The rain and wind slows to a halting nothing. He turns in a circle, glancing around the decaying cityscape. He pivots when he hears the music. A lonely guitar note strummed from nowhere sounds through the empty street. Soon it is followed by drums and a soft bass line. A harsh screaming voice echoes, “I stand firm in my solidarity
The path I walk
I walk in with my own resolve
When darkness falls
We are reborn
Our dream since the fall of man
We are reborn!”

Questioning

The little boy scans the city, wondering where the voice resides. The little boy’s voice cracks as he says, “Who are you? What do you want?!” No one responded…

Blood

The little boy continues on his journey, walking down the street. He stops in horror when his eyes finally see the pool of blood. He steps forward and leans over the crimson puddle. The little boy stares at his reflection and gasps. His reflection glared back.

Rainbow

The little boy steps back and shakes his head. He must have just been seeing things. He continues walking, and glances up at the sky. The sun broke through the dark and dense clouds to cast a rainbow of hope over the city. The little boy smiles as a tear spills down his cheek.

Gray

The little boy stops. He has reached the end of the road. The rainbow has long since passed and he finds himself at a crossroad. The sky is literally split in two. To the left, following the gravel path, the sky was dark gray. To the right, following the paved road, the sky was bright blue and sunny.

Fortitude

The little boy stood at that crossroad for a very long time. He turned as he saw a creature walking up behind him. It was a Satyr – half man / half goat. The creature, while not as important as the boy, did have a name, which was Pan. He says to the boy, “If you take the road to the right, you will be happy, but you will never know what has happened. If you take the road to the left, you will be tried and tested; however, you will eventually figure out what has been done to your family. The choice is yours.” The little boy nodded and thanked the satyr. He turned back to face the forked road and take his first step… to the left.

Vacation

The Satyr that doth dance in all my dreams
Now has turned against me in my slumber
Now all the frivolity as it does seem
Hath been taken and me it encumbers
Now he sits alone and plays on his flute
In the abandoned forest of my sleep
This evening I shall join him with my lute
Our music shall run as the river deep
Each note plucked adding to the threnody
The moon and the stars shall shed solemn tears
As we sing to them in this melody
Forgetting for a moment all our fears
This is just a vacation of the mind
At the end, in the darkness we shall find

Mother Nature

The little boy awoke from his dream, sitting up to find the satyr standing over him. The faun had long wavy brown hair and beige curved horns. He had a thick goatee which he was constantly stroking with his fingers. The little boy asked, “What are you doing here?”

The satyr said, “You have chosen the left hand path. You will need a lot of help. I am your guide.”

The little boy stood up and smiled. Mother Nature had blessed him with a great friend and guide.

Cat

Night had fallen and in the middle of the woods the shadows swirled as if a panther or a leopard. The cats of darkness preyed upon the little boy’s fear. He looked up to see Pan and was glad to have someone there for him. He held tight on to his the satyr’s hand and continued on his journey.

No Time

The little boy looked back, the road behind him beginning to crumble away. He quickened his pace; he had no time to waste.

Trouble Lurking

The little boy and the satyr came upon an abandoned grove, one where druids had once practiced their pagan rituals. Night had fallen on the forest and the little boy and the faun stopped in the center of the darkened land. The little boy turned and trembled as the shadows crept in around them. Trouble lurked in the trepidation inspiring shadows.

Tears

The little boy peered into the shadows and saw his family. Although what he saw did not remind him of his family, but of something much, much more depressing. “You have seen another piece of the puzzle. What you will see later is much worse. You must not look back, and you must not stop.” The little boy sat down and cried. His tears were blacker than the shadows that danced in the soft pallid moonlight.

Foreign

The shadows that pool around the little boy and Pan seem like foreign demons.

Sorrow

As the truth is bestowed upon the little boy, his sorrow is unlike anything he has ever known before. How could he cope with what he knows now?

Happiness

The little boy sits and ponders what he has seen. The disappearance of his family was not by chance. Pan nods and the little boy cannot feel the happiness he once had.

Under The Rain

The rain falls on the little boy and the satyr as the morning light breaks. The shadows have dispersed from the grove, and as the sun peaks its head out from over the horizon, the morning star shines brighter than before. The little boy stands up, head careening backwards to watch its descent. As the star approaches, the little boy sees that it is not a star, but a man…  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:55 pm
heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart  

KirbyVictorious

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:18 pm
Kirby while I love the hearts, I would like more of a comment as to how you feel, style, thoughts, etc...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:10 pm
very wonderful hun....
1/5 done
Awesome!
I can't wait to read more and follow the tragic little boy's story.
rawr...yay....RAWR....ya-awr  

shortstoriestragicendings

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:10 pm
No obvious problems. Well, I wsn't looking, but I didn't see any.

I loved the story! I didn' know that was what you were supposed to do. I might have to try it now...

Everyone loves hearts. heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:18 pm
Grazie - both of ye!  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:38 pm
updated to 1-27 now. ENJOI all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:37 pm
The only problem, really:

Watch yer tenses. You switch past to present constantly, sometimes one sentence will be in past and then the next in present. It throws off the flow of the story.

Other than that, I liked it, and can't wait to read the rest. Although I'd love to see more poetry.

Spastic waffles
Captain

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:30 pm
In agreeance with Captain Waffle on the tense thing. But I bet I do it a lot more than you do... *le sigh* I'm enjoying it! Especially how you switch between poetry and prose and all of those other fancy literary words.

And your avatar is unbelievably cluttered... Which is exactly why I want to marry it! You should enter in the Avatar arena just to see how many people yell at you about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:28 pm
Believe it or not the tense thing is on purpose.

I have some more poetry coming, though it'll still be random and far spaced. Other than that, thanks BlackHawk/Waffles.

My avi is awesome. I've got like... 8 donation items on it. It's probably a 150-200k worth avi. I need letters for next month though and with the average and increasing cost of them I'll have to fight like hell to get 'em. Only have 11k.  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff