Reply Tattoos
Tattoo question...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teh Caity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:24 pm
My grandpa died before I was born, and have always been told that I'm his reincarnation, I have so many of his interests, speech pattern and views on the world, my favorite poet was also his (i fell in love with this poet before I knew of his obsession)

Basically, I want to get the first line of my favorite Emily Dickinson Poem (i was even named after her because of him...) somewhere...

I want to get it in Russian (I think...I'm still open, but I don't want it in English..)

It would look like this:
"Я никто, который будет вами?"

I'm not sure where I could get this tattooed without making it look cheesy.
I'm thinking as an ankle wrap or something that goes across my back (accompanied by another design to compliment) or maybe something that goes down my ribs??)

Any ideas on where I could place it to make it look gorgeous and what language it would look elegant in?

(it means "I'm Nobody, Who are you?" )  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:21 am
It may be easier to place if you don't keep it in one line.
I think around the arm about 2 inches above or below the elbow would look best if you want to keep it in a line though.

THe tatto would be more suitable in more areas if you put it something like this:

Я никто,
который будет
вами?

Methylphenidate

Teh Caity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:29 am
Methylphenidate
It may be easier to place if you don't keep it in one line.
I think around the arm about 2 inches above or below the elbow would look best if you want to keep it in a line though.

THe tatto would be more suitable in more areas if you put it something like this:

Я никто,
который будет
вами?

yeah, I'm completely fine with making it downwards like that, like lantern shaped, I'm open for that too...I'm just not sure where i can put any words without it looking tacky.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:22 am
What do you guys think about if I got the entire poem (it's only 8 lines) on my side, right below my ribs....

I'd still probably do in in another language....

Do you think that would work?  

Teh Caity

falllenshadows

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:33 pm
`Whats Her Face`
What do you guys think about if I got the entire poem (it's only 8 lines) on my side, right below my ribs....

Things youd have to consider is if the lettering is small how well will it age, say when you get 40 or 50 and older would it even be readable anymore? Anytime you get words or any tattoo really you should consider what it might look like if it sags a bit or if you gain/loose weight, or carry a child some day.
Whatever you do dont get it on your lower back though, just think about if you ever want to get married at those intimate moments would you want your partner to read. "Im nobody who are you"? -shrugs- unless that wouldnt bother you.

If you just want that one line, what about on your fore-arm? Ive seen people get short sayings like that tatoo'd there.

An akel wrap migh twork too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:22 pm
falllenshadows
`Whats Her Face`

Things you'd have to consider is if the lettering is small how well will it age, say when you get 40 or 50 and older would it even be readable anymore? Anytime you get words or any tattoo really you should consider what it might look like if it sags a bit or if you gain/loose weight, or carry a child some day.
Whatever you do don't get it on your lower back though, just think about if you ever want to get married at those intimate moments would you want your partner to read. "I'm nobody who are you"? -shrugs- unless that wouldn't bother you.

If you just want that one line, what about on your fore-arm? Ive seen people get short sayings like that tattooed there.

An ankle wrap might work too.

I know someone who has an entire poem in English down his shoulder an arm...it looks cool, but I don't think it's very Feminine...

It would be in English anyway, so I doubt someone would be able to read it...unless they speak damn good Russian.  

Teh Caity

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:20 pm
you can make text look beautieful anywhere as long as its positioned well.

As for what language. Get one that actually means something to you and to your grandpa. If you are russian.. then russian would be a good choice.
To many people get things from cultures they have no connection to what so ever, and I find it really sad.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:22 pm
I think a really good position would be as a necklace beneath your collarbone..shoulder to shoulder. Think "momento" with his tattoo he has across his chest. I think it would look really nice. or the same way but across your upper back/shoulders.  

popcornsharingbox

Tattoos

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff